Mid 30’s and leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newcastleguy

Contributor
Hi, I have been told my gp I have an overactive bladder.
when I get the urge to urinate, I have to concentrate so hard to hold it in that I cant engage in conversation or focus on anything else around me. If I break the concentration for any reason my bladder will just start to empty.
When I finally make it to the toilet and let it go I feel like I have just finished a marathon. My heart pounds and I end up with a headache. While voiding only a small stream will come out which makes all the effort of holding seem for no reason.
No matter how much I “milk it” at the end I always end up with after dribble!
Does anyone else on here with oab have the same issue? Sorry for the long rant!

You describe some of my symptoms very closely. I especially relate to having difficulty focusing in conversation when I need to go...
Over the last two years, it’s gotten worse and worse, even with meds. I actually am going to be getting a permanent bladder stimulator - it makes the symptoms SO SO much less, easier to deal with.
my sense is that OAB has a pretty wide range of severity and also very little clarity on what causes it...

I have been diagnosed with an overactive bladder with urge incontinence. My symptoms are very similar to yours, and my situation is bad enough that I’ve been wearing a diaper 24/7 for many years. The good thing about wearing a diaper is that I don’t have to suffer the painful, desperate urges while I urgently hunt for a bathroom or the embarrassment of visibly wet pants if I don’t make it to the bathroom quickly enough.

Reactions: Absorblock and ltaluv
How did they diagnose your over active bladder and urge incontinence? Was it a series of questions and/or tests?

OAB/Irritative LUTS/BPH/Mixed Incon

and now saying Underactive Detrusor

My urologist diagnosed my overactive bladder and urge incontinence.

Overactive bladder is a standard diagnosis

This sounds a lot like what my urologist said to me. I was diagnosed with an OAB, urge incontinence, in addition to having kidney stones. She put me through a urodynamic analysis, had a cystoscopy and then put on oxybutynin everyday. I have had lithotripsy three times in the last 10 years, and having it again next week. 😧 She suggested that I should wear some sort of protection, pads or guards. That was three years ago. I have been wearing a maxi pad (or three) everyday, now pull up type panties at night. I just started wearing the pull up panties/diapers about four months ago after I wet the bed several times. Doc says this will probably get worse, try to do Kegels. Make sure you change often so your skin and sensitive areas don't break down. So, I stopped worrying about wetting the bed at night wearing pull up diapers and having a pad under the sheet. During the day, a good maxi pad will soak up a lot of urine. So, if I have the urge to go, I look for a restroom and if I wet the pad, I wet the pad. Change and go. If you find the right pad/pull up panty, you will be the only one who knows about your accident. Hard part for me right now is when I'm not at home, restrooms are not so easy to find with Covid closing places like MickeyD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back