Menstratal cycles and diaper wearing

Hippiedippie2011

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
For those who menstrste and wear, how do yall cope/handle? I'm just starting my ABDL journey and just trying to gather basics.

I'm a DL so I don't usually wear while I'm on my period. I don't think diapers would absorb the blood like a mentration pad would. But if you were to use tampons I don't think it would matter!

I also use that week to give my skin a break!

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl2
babyyhazel said:
I'm a DL so I don't usually wear while I'm on my period. I don't think diapers would absorb the blood like a mentration pad would. But if you were to use tampons I don't think it would matter!

I also use that week to give my skin a break!
Sounds logical. I struggle with sensitive skin during my cycle bc od maxi pads but I have found that the always discret bladder leakage pads are way more helpful in that department. Thanks for the idea

Reactions: BigAl2
I have zero desire to wear for 90% of my cycles … I do tend to desire it just before but when the pain, gross smells and tons of toilet time (you know what I mean …) I do not want to be anywhere near diapers. There are times I wear almost 24/7 between cycles but still take a break for at least the first few days.

Reactions: babyyhazel and BigAl2
My wife used pullups for her cycle. She now wears them for some light bowel leakage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still wear on my shark week, actually I wear especially then. Hope it’s not tmi but it doesn’t absorb blood as good, but mixed with pee it absorbs fine for me. Helps with my gender dysphoria to have diaper bulk during that time

Reactions: dbot99, craigd1341 and JulestheFloof
I do but it depends on how my flow is. Usually it's fine. My diapers absorb blood well actually. Just I need to shower asap after I change.

I feel like every girl doesn’t like her time of the month, I know I don’t. It makes me feel like my body is doing something I’m not ready to experience… Like my body is going against my mind…😅 The diapers help me through it though, it’s comforting. And I like that I don’t have to buy period products anymore, just put on my diaper and go. I haven’t noticed a difference In the way my diapers absorb on my period vs how pads do either which is nice!

Reactions: WilliamRico, craigd1341, kote and 1 other person
My flow isn't that bad so I wear pullups works well for me.

Reactions: dbot99
I still wear when I’m on my period. Definitely better to wear pull-ups at night! Prevents more leaks that way. But I also sometimes don’t like changing my pull-up when there is just a bit of blood, and no pee, so I often wear a tampon with my diaper/pull-up. That way, I can kind of separate blood and pee, helps with smell and clean up too

Thank you everyone. I'm greatful. I just put on my first big girl diaper tonight while I'm on my cycle. I'll try some of these ideas as it goes along. I have some light flow days because I had a iud placed bc they got so rough on me. I tend to do better in a "free bleeding" theme.
PaddedCub said:
I still wear on my shark week, actually I wear especially then. Hope it’s not tmi but it doesn’t absorb blood as good, but mixed with pee it absorbs fine for me. Helps with my gender dysphoria to have diaper bulk during that time
I tend to struggle with dysmorphia too. Good.point about the buldge

Reactions: PaddedCub
Hippiedippie2011 said:
For those who menstrste and wear, how do yall cope/handle? I'm just starting my ABDL journey and just trying to gather basics.
I wear a large tampon at exactly the same time my mistress starts her period and wear it for as long as her cycle goes

binkyyybunnyyy said:
I feel like every girl doesn’t like her time of the month, I know I don’t. It makes me feel like my body is doing something I’m not ready to experience… Like my body is going against my mind…😅 The diapers help me through it though, it’s comforting. And I like that I don’t have to buy period products anymore, just put on my diaper and go. I haven’t noticed a difference In the way my diapers absorb on my period vs how pads do either which is nice!
100% about the mind disconnect but diapers make me worse …… it’s like I feel young and true self wearing one then I feel cramps and change and see the blood and it’s a kick to my soul making me remember I’m not a little kid.

Reactions: JulestheFloof
KarmaBaby3 said:
100% about the mind disconnect but diapers make me worse …… it’s like I feel young and true self wearing one then I feel cramps and change and see the blood and it’s a kick to my soul making me remember I’m not a little kid.
KarmaBaby3 said:
I get that

I prefer to wear tampons even with diapers, especially if my partner is changing me. Hook-and-loop diapers are great to wear during that time of the month, if you ever need to take the diaper off to change tampons you can do so and tape it back on good as new.

Sometimes I free bleed into a diaper, but as others mentioned in here it can be messy and it definitely isn't my favorite thing in the world. I'm somewhere on the trans spectrum so I don't like dealing with it at all - I will likely be talking to my doctor this summer about getting a hysterectomy.

Definitely take care of your body - don't sit too long in a wet diaper, use wipes and powder, and always have a tube of diaper rash cream in case your skin ever gets irritated. I don't break out in a rash very often, but the time I needed it last summer I was so thankful I had some on hand.

Reactions: dbot99
why wouldn’t a diaper absorb as well as a regular pad? that seems counterintuitive

JulestheFloof said:
I prefer to wear tampons even with diapers, especially if my partner is changing me. Hook-and-loop diapers are great to wear during that time of the month, if you ever need to take the diaper off to change tampons you can do so and tape it back on good as new.

Sometimes I free bleed into a diaper, but as others mentioned in here it can be messy and it definitely isn't my favorite thing in the world. I'm somewhere on the trans spectrum so I don't like dealing with it at all - I will likely be talking to my doctor this summer about getting a hysterectomy.

Definitely take care of your body - don't sit too long in a wet diaper, use wipes and powder, and always have a tube of diaper rash cream in case your skin ever gets irritated. I don't break out in a rash very often, but the time I needed it last summer I was so thankful I had some on hand.
Thank you for all the input. It is most welcomed. My cycle messes with my body and mind so badly at times. I had an iud placed but I'd much rather have it all taken out. I try to limit the length if time I wear a wet diaper that full like totally full, to the 1 hour mark. I do use wipes and clean up. I tend to air dry for 1 hr between diapers just to let it all breathe and such. I'm in the non bianary world and this helps me feel both at the same time. I tend to feel the whole spectrum of gender/sex and this I've discovered has leveled the playing field so to speak and I can maneuver better in my dysmorphia. It's awesome to meet a person who is in the trans community/ gender queer community that also wears. Would love to get chat at some point t sith you.

jimmy4444 said:
why wouldn’t a diaper absorb as well as a regular pad? that seems counterintuitive
Because period pads are designed to absorb period blood which is not a liquid … diapers are designed to absorb liquid pee. Period is tissue, blood (which is liquid plus protein and other cells. Think of commericals ;) think of the poise pads that market for urine leaks as they “are designed for pee” and work much better than period pads for urine leaks.

Reactions: Hippiedippie2011
I wear diaper normally when I got my period and holds the blood really well

Reactions: Hippiedippie2011
I don’t have a period anymore (trans man who has had a hysterectomy) but towards the end of having them I just spotted. Wasn’t enough for a tampon but I had to have something so I wore pull ups.

Back