MegaMax vs Crinklz

DiaperedSubHubby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I’ve been wearing MegaMax for a good while. I recently noticed Crinklz on Northshore’s website(yes it’s back up now). Does anybody have experience with both, and could tell me how they compare? I’m looking for the bulkiest and noisiest of the two. Large capacity is also a priority.

Reactions: Edgewater
I see the two products as targeting different markets from very similar product quality positions.

MEGAMAX targeting the premium, medical adult diaper market, and
Crinklz targeting the premium, AB/DL adult diaper market.

Your 'wants' clearly define Crinklz as your go to Adult diaper.

Reactions: PaddedMI and DiaperedSubHubby
TBH have worn crinklz many times and also used the megamax. IMO Megamax is bulkier with a larger capacity but crinklz is cuter and nosier

Reactions: denimchicken, anton, Edgewater and 1 other person
I recently got an order of both, Megamax and Crinkles. It's just like @Hqz above says ... Crinklz are cuter and nosier. I'm pretty impressed with Crinklz, as long as you're careful with the tapes since they don't have a landing zone, and often second try = ripped diaper. I get great capacity out of both, but I'd give the edge to MegaMax. The Crinklez are quite bulky, just be sure to fluff them up before you put them on b/c they are quite compressed in the package. After you fluff them up they're veyr bulky and really swell when wet.

Reactions: hmi1972, joemama and DiaperedSubHubby
They had free shipping on trial packs, so I went ahead and ordered them to try. Thanks for the input.

MegaMax will have more crinkle because of the landing zone for the front, they also have a higher capacity.

Both will swell very nicely when wet.So I think that one's pretty much the trade off.

I wear Crinklz or the medical version BetterDry during the day. I have never had an issue with being noticed. I wear MegaMax to bed.

If you are going for bulk and crinkle, i would check out the new Mega version of Rearz diapers like the Safari.

Reactions: DiaperedSubHubby
PaddedMI said:
MegaMax will have more crinkle because of the landing zone for the front, they also have a higher capacity.

Both will swell very nicely when wet.So I think that one's pretty much the trade off.

I wear Crinklz or the medical version BetterDry during the day. I have never had an issue with being noticed. I wear MegaMax to bed.

If you are going for bulk and crinkle, i would check out the new Mega version of Rearz diapers like the Safari.
I have not heard the crinkle you are talking about with MegaMax! The landing Zone does make more noise, but that is only when one is setting the tabs or removing them. Once set, they stay in-place and I never have to adjust them during twelve hours of wearing whether daytime or night-time.

Disregarding coloring, as both manufacturers have colorful and plain white options, there are quite some differences.
- while I consider both high capacity the Megamax has a higher capacity than the Crinklz
- the Megamax has a higher rise and fitting than the Crinklz
- Crinklz uses second chance tapes while Megamax has a landing zone
- the cut and thus the fitting is different
- I would say that the Megamax has more crinkle than the Crinklz
- I'd say they have the same bulk. At least I find no notable difference when comparing them.

If you want to wear something very bulky just booster them up.

Cheers

Reactions: DiaperedSubHubby and ElPulpo
Mega max are way more comfy than crinkles.

Last bag of crinkles I bought felt like they were folded up cardboard. lol.

Reactions: DiaperedSubHubby and Edgewater
My sample pack of Crinklz came in today. It’s no contest, not even close. MegaMax are way better IMO. I wasn’t gonna be satisfied until I tried. Now I know.

Reactions: Edgewater and depta99
I have tried both. Megamax has higher capacity and Crinklz were far lower quality. The tapes ripped multiple times and the plastic felt fragile.

Reactions: Edgewater and DiaperedSubHubby
Both MegaMax and Crinklz are very good diapers, but also very different. I like both of them but for different reasons. To sum up the main differences, based on my opinion, are:

- Tapes. The tapes on MegaMaxxes adhere more strongly and stay in place better. I love MegaMax tapes.
- Graphics. Crinklz have some of the cutest graphics of any diaper while MegaMax only offer solid colors (and tie-dye).
- Capacity. MegaMaxxes have higher capacity.
- Thickness. Crinklz are relatively thin diapers (but swell nicely and hold a good amount for how thing they are).
- Sizing/fit. MegaMaxxes are sized much larger.
- Price. Crinklz are probably the best value when it comes to price per diaper and quality.

I think Crinklz shells are a bit Crinklier since they're thinner, but when it comes to thickness/bulkiness and capacity then MegaMax definitely has more of both (and MegaMaxxes landing zone can be pretty crinkly). Crinklz are really good if you want a cute babyish design and/or if you wear a lot/often since the cost savings are extremely good without much of a compromise on quality. Based on what you're looking for, namely the capacity and bulkiness, you'll probably prefer MegaMaxxes more, but Crinklz are definitely worth trying. And just because they're thinner and probably overall have less capacity, they swell a lot and really nicely and hold an amazing amount for how thin they are.

You can't go wrong with either choice, both give good night and day protection with discretion using proper clothing. Crinklz diapers swell more in the front when wet, therefore more bulkier but still discreet with clothing mentioned above. In fact responding to this thread has consolidated my diaper choice for the office: Crinklz Aquanaut because I'll wet throughout the day!

Edgewater said:
I have not heard the crinkle you are talking about with MegaMax! The landing Zone does make more noise, but that is only when one is setting the tabs or removing them. Once set, they stay in-place and I never have to adjust them during twelve hours of wearing whether daytime or night-time.
Yes for sure, one of my favorite/best things about the megamax, when you tape them in place they stay there, the tapes are as good a iron once they are on for awhile and/or rubbed on very well, and in fact hard to even remove them at all. But i hatted having tapes pop off on other diapers.
Also, the plastic tends to not strech out and stays about as snug as you put them on even after 8 hours in them.

Some have complained they are too stuck in place, but i'm IC and even if your not, once a diaper is on it should stay on IMHO. So i think its a great feature that they really are stuck really good after a bit. You have time if you need to move them around when getting them on though, but after some time they seem to somehow magically bond together tighterr than they ever did before.

As for the front panel crinkle, it does crinkle a lot, but for me at least the front pannel pretty much stays in place and doesnt move much and rarely hear it crinkle, the rest the plastic is about normal for any noise, and i dont notice it much at all.

• Love
abdlchristian12 said:
Mega max are way more comfy than crinkles.

Last bag of crinkles I bought felt like they were folded up cardboard. lol.
Whilst i dont use crinklz orbetterdry on a regular basis.

Take the diaper out of the package and you then need to fluff the padding up, bend it backanf forth and even grab each side and move hands in opposide direction a bit, it will fluff them up to be more comfortable and they will absorb a bit better on the first pee.

This goes for any diaper, not just betterdry/crinklz

Dont go overboard and rip the diaper outter cover or inner layer, just enough to break up the fibers in the middle of the diaper bluck a bit and you will be surprised at the extra confort you will acheive.

Oh, and yes IMHO megamax are the better fit for me, but YMMV

Last edited:
I personally like the cardboardiness. Once you wrapped yourself in and folded the cushion to your fit it just stays.

Cheers

Reactions: BJsTyLeZ, ElPulpo, DiaperedSubHubby and 1 other person
One last comment on MegaMax, They are the only diaper that I wear in size SMALL, all others are MEDIUM.

Reactions: DiaperedSubHubby, Diaperedlife13 and Edgewater
Crinklz are far from premium diapers. Very thin. Very flimsy. Low capacity. Cheaply made overpriced crap. They remind me of a depends with a print

Frungie said:
One last comment on MegaMax, They are the only diaper that I wear in size SMALL, all others are MEDIUM.
Same

Back