Medical supply stores

I enjoy going to independent mom and pop pharmacies to peruse the adult diapers. I've been to that big city in the middle of Indiana, USA, and have found Tena, Molicare, Tranquility, Attends and a few other "better than Depends" options. I haven't found Abena, but when I want Abena, I order from XP Medical or Northshore. There are five mom and pops on all sides of town I've been to to buy diapers.

But I gotta say, while I appreciate some Tranquility ATNs for their classic look and feel, the Sunkist off Amazon give a pretty good run for the money. Good luck and enjoy the hunt!

Reactions: Angelapinks
As far as saying they're for your grandmother, I think saying nothing is the better way to go. That way you're done and on your way. Also, telling why you're buying them and for someone else casts more doubt then just letting them assume who they're for. They sell these sort of things all the time and probably give it no thought at all, unless someone seems nervouse and tells a long story.

Reactions: Jonnythepony and Angelapinks
I will point out that Discount Drug Mart/Discount Drug Mart Food Fair tends to keep some better stuff in stock. I don't know that they move a lot of it, but the one closest to me had various tabbed Attends, Tranquility products, and even some boosters in stock for a good while.

i buy "molicare 10 drop" pullups from chemist warehouse in australia. considerably more absorbent than supermarket tena's

I found out today from a friend I asked to swing by the neighborhood Medical supply store to tell me what they had in diaper products.
The store is limited to "prevail,& Depends" that's it!
I doubt they will last long!
Older people need comfort and dependability, no rashes from lesser quality. Not to mention paying top dollar for the things.
The guy there always says, "I can order whatever you want..." But the thing is, many "older age-bracket" people know nothing about Internet ordering, or they can't because their money is held up by family because of dementia, or whatever, and it's a shame people can't get better diapers for themselves.

I see that when I work in the care field.:giggle:
I wish excellent quality garments were available to these people. Not just the few who know what's great.
I also understand money deals with their insurance. But "humanitarianingly" speaking, the insurance companies always opt for the lousy stuff, too, to save money. And they are real living people. Some day, they will face the same reality!
It just gets me thinking.

Reactions: dogboy
Back