Medical supply stores

denimchicken

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
I have read in several forum posts that others have simply gone to medical supply stores to purchase higher quality diapers. Can anyone list some store names where you have found brands like abena m4 or similar in store?

I travel for work from time to time, and it would be great if I could stop into a store and pick up a case when I'm away from home.
I have gone to several medical supply stores over the years and they typically don't sell incontinence supplies. I must be going to the wrong store.

It wouldn't even need to be abena. If I could find tranquility ATN that would be good enough for me. Yet I have never seen anything of that quality on store shelves before. I try thrift stores and have had good luck a couple times. However if there is a medical supply store where I can reliably pick something up in person, that would be awesome.

Reactions: Angelapinks and PadPhilosopher
If you were near me I could give you a name but I have no clue where you're from.

Reactions: Angelapinks, denimchicken and PadPhilosopher
With my limited knowledge, there really aren’t any “chain” medical supply stores. Most are locally owned. Some big time stores know a major demographic they serve are ABDLs and they’re cool with it because it means business. I’m thoroughly shocked at the few medical supply stores in my area that don’t sell diapers. The only one I found surprisingly had Abena M4s. I was surprised and delighted. I didn’t have guts to ask for any ABDL diapers. It was hard enough to ask for diapers for my grandma.

• Haha
Reactions: messydiaper, PDIAPER215, denimchicken and 3 others
I12BLittle89 said:
With my limited knowledge, there really aren’t any “chain” medical supply stores. Most are locally owned. Some big time stores know a major demographic they serve are ABDLs and they’re cool with it because it means business. I’m thoroughly shocked at the few medical supply stores in my area that don’t sell diapers. The only one I found surprisingly had Abena M4s. I was surprised and delighted. I didn’t have guts to ask for any ABDL diapers. It was hard enough to ask for diapers for my grandma.
WHAT are you afraid of?????

It's not like you personally know anyone who works there. ASK if that's what you want.

CptKirk

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: denimchicken, littledub1955, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
CptKirk said:
WHAT are you afraid of?????

It's not like you personally know anyone who works there. ASK if that's what you want.

CptKirk
I understand but it’s a personal thing for me. It’s possible the person may recognize me and I didn’t know them. People often see my last name and ask if I’m related to my parents or my aunt and uncle. It’s not a big town. So yeah I feel better with the grandma story. Especially if I want to go back.

Reactions: osirisboi15, PDIAPER215, denimchicken and 2 others
denimchicken said:
I have read in several forum posts that others have simply gone to medical supply stores to purchase higher quality diapers. Can anyone list some store names where you have found brands like abena m4 or similar in store?

I travel for work from time to time, and it would be great if I could stop into a store and pick up a case when I'm away from home.
I have gone to several medical supply stores over the years and they typically don't sell incontinence supplies. I must be going to the wrong store.

It wouldn't even need to be abena. If I could find tranquility ATN that would be good enough for me. Yet I have never seen anything of that quality on store shelves before. I try thrift stores and have had good luck a couple times. However if there is a medical supply store where I can reliably pick something up in person, that would be awesome.
You won't find them at big chain stores. I've only had good luck at independent ones. I'm in California, and there are a couple in the San Francisco / Sacramento area i go to that sell Molicare, Tranquility, and Seni Super Quatro. Haven't found Abenas in a store yet. Just check on Google Maps and visit them. If they talk to you, let them know you're just checking what brands they have, because "sometimes you wear diapers on long trips". That's all the explanation you need to give, and it's not a lie. They're all incredibly helpful, and you'll be surprised at what you find.

Reactions: Woncrinklz, Angelapinks, denimchicken and 1 other person
Coincidentally I just stumbled upon Tranquility ATNs at a medical supply store in Batavia, NY. The woman there was extremely helpful and friendly. I explained I needed the for bed wetting and she was very professional and nonjudgmental.

Reactions: Angelapinks and denimchicken
I buy from llmedico they even have a few ABDL diapers now! Heather and her staff are 1000% awesome if you have a CVS have them ship UPS and you can have your package shipped there for pick up. It's way easier then going into a brick and mortar store.

Reactions: Jonnythepony, TheDideeboy, Angelapinks and 1 other person
CptKirk said:
If you were near me I could give you a name but I have no clue where you're from.
I live in rapid city south Dakota. If you know of a place there then I will definitely stop by! However I'm more interested in locations throughout the US.

abdlbill004 said:
I buy from llmedico they even have a few ABDL diapers now! Heather and her staff are 1000% awesome if you have a CVS have them ship UPS and you can have your package shipped there for pick up. It's way easier then going into a brick and mortar store.

I'm looking for a place that I can pick things up in person, because it's kinda random where I end up going for work. If I know how long I will be in an area, as well as where I'm going to start with, I could place an order and have it shipped ahead of time. But that's the problem. I don't know where I'm going, and it's very sorry notice.

I guess the key take aways from this, is chain brands have almost no chance of having anything, go with independent resellers as there is a better chance of them having better diapers.

I wonder if it would be a worthwhile exercise to create a Google forms spreadsheet that can be updated by users of this forum with the address of the pharmacy, store, etc that quality diapers are sold at. That way people who travel like myself, would be able to pick up diapers reliably, and people who can't receive mail privately would have a place to pick up diapers in person without needing to have them mailed to their home address and risk unwanted exposure.

Reactions: Angelapinks and abdlbill004
Even mom and pops sell junk you need a medical supply or ABDL supplier there is ABU that welcomes walk ins there Maryland and Washington State

Reactions: denimchicken
denimchicken said:

I was going to a local Pharmacy & Home Healthcare store that carries anything health related like diapers, plastic pants, wipes and wheelchairs, hospital style beds etc. From here I was getting my Tranquility ATN diapers but they also offered home delivery and were often out of stock on Seniors day when I needed to restock my supply. I found a home deliver healthcare service called Age Comfort in Ontario and they delivered cases of "Forsite Nightime" diapers that hold a great deal. I wake every morning totally soaking wet with a sagging diaper between my legs but I get a great nights sleep and a dry bed as well. My go to for now but I did try the Northshore Mega Max night diapers and they hold even more but are at least $10 dollars more for a 10 pack. I believe Northshore ships from Canada and the U.S. if you want to go that route. I remember going to a few Home Health stores in the U.S. mainly when I was travelling around New Hampshire, Vermont, New York and Mass.

I couldn't name any large chains selling Abena-quality diapers, but I certainly have had a bit of success with local pharmacies. If you have several in the area, my advice would be to check around any of the mom-and-pop or family-/community-run ones. There is a local chain in my area that sells two kinds of Seni diapers: the Super and Super Quatro, which I'd put about on par with an Abena M4. They also had Tranquility ATNs and Tena's "intimates" overnight pull-ups (actually half-decent if you give them a try), and the usual Prevail briefs. They certainly aren't as large of a chain as say CVS or Walgreens, but they have a few (5-10) locations and I had success at the larger of the locations nearby.

Reactions: denimchicken, TheDideeboy and Angelapinks
denimchicken said:
I live in rapid city south Dakota. If you know of a place there then I will definitely stop by! However I'm more interested in locations throughout the US.

I'm looking for a place that I can pick things up in person, because it's kinda random where I end up going for work. If I know how long I will be in an area, as well as where I'm going to start with, I could place an order and have it shipped ahead of time. But that's the problem. I don't know where I'm going, and it's very sorry notice.

I guess the key take aways from this, is chain brands have almost no chance of having anything, go with independent resellers as there is a better chance of them having better diapers.

I wonder if it would be a worthwhile exercise to create a Google forms spreadsheet that can be updated by users of this forum with the address of the pharmacy, store, etc that quality diapers are sold at. That way people who travel like myself, would be able to pick up diapers reliably, and people who can't receive mail privately would have a place to pick up diapers in person without needing to have them mailed to their home address and risk unwanted exposure.
Do you get to Denver? They have an ABDL store with just about any diaper you can think of. All the major AB style printed to a rainbow of colored diapers. ABDLr is the name of the place,easy to find, the owners are great.

PDIAPER215 said:
Do you get to Denver? They have an ABDL store with just about any diaper you can think of. All the major AB style printed to a rainbow of colored diapers. ABDLr is the name of the place,easy to find, the owners are great.
I have been to that store, and talked to the owner a bit. It's an awesome place!

Reactions: Angelapinks
Supply solutions in Albany New York have medical diapers and abdl items.

There was a pharmacy that sold Abenas M4/L4 in Washington state. I used to stop by it when I was on one of my sales calls since I had a customer near there. I moved from Washington almost 5 years ago so I’m not sure if they still sell them. I honestly don’t even remember what they were called.

PaddedinHaslet said:
There was a pharmacy that sold Abenas M4/L4 in Washington state. I used to stop by it when I was on one of my sales calls since I had a customer near there. I moved from Washington almost 5 years ago so I’m not sure if they still sell them. I honestly don’t even remember what they were called.
Olympic Pharmacy in the Gig Harbor area maybe? I know they carried Molicare, Abena cloth-backed and a few other brands. That was the only pharmacy I knew of that sold regular medical stuff.

bedwetterdavid said:
You won't find them at big chain stores. I've only had good luck at independent ones. I'm in California, and there are a couple in the San Francisco / Sacramento area i go to that sell Molicare, Tranquility, and Seni Super Quatro. Haven't found Abenas in a store yet. Just check on Google Maps and visit them. If they talk to you, let them know you're just checking what brands they have, because "sometimes you wear diapers on long trips". That's all the explanation you need to give, and it's not a lie. They're all incredibly helpful, and you'll be surprised at what you find.
Do you think the private stores/medical supply stores are pricier than, say; the Internet venders both "ABDL" and others? I have a place called "Jack's medical supplies." I checked out their stock, but it was looking aged as far as new good diaper stuff, not so "inspiring". Kinda basic. I should go back just to note the brands they carry. But the vibes were really basic IC stuff for diapers. All their other inventory was really medically useful, though.
(It's an old town store that is re-located to a small shopping center off the side of the bay here. Hidden. Before that, they were located in a neighborhood! Lol.
It inspires me to tell them to improve their inventory. They were smart enough to relocate near retirement homes, etc., tho. That gives me the incentive to wonder if they know there are better diapers out there for people. They must know tho, having that business.
Then I wonder if the better distributors would be willing to sell their products at these small shops, as well as the owners be willing to share the product on their shelves. It beats me. It's all based on sales. BUT if customers knew they had higher quality stuff? Their sales would increase. These small stores here are so expensive, though.
People should have the best available. Not the "scampy" things shelved in small stores.

denimchicken said:

Personal Medical Supplies in Fort Wayne!

Reactions: Angelapinks and denimchicken
RampDog said:
Olympic Pharmacy in the Gig Harbor area maybe? I know they carried Molicare, Abena cloth-backed and a few other brands. That was the only pharmacy I knew of that sold regular medical stuff.
No, it was a mom and pop shop down in the Chehalis or Rochester area. They carried the Abena plastic backed. It’s going to big me until I remember.

Reactions: RampDog
Back