Medical reason for college diapers.

SuperDuperMan85

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello, ADISC, long time lurker, I've tried to find a similar thread but haven't come up with exactly what I need. This is a hypothetical/interesting question I've come up with. After my gap year (yeah I know), I will be starting college in the fall, and plan to continue wearing diapers there. The possibility crossed my mind of the idea of getting a diagnosis for bedwetting or incontinence of some kind that allows the college's disability office to place you in a different room or with another bedwetter.

Would it be possible to have get a note from a doctor by just doing non-invasive tests/symptom discussion? There would be no insurance fraud or anything illegal (to my knowledge, delete if it is), just a way to not have to worry about hiding it from judgmental people. There may not even have to be a formal diagnosis. Something similar to maybe how people request doctors notes just for a bad cold.

I mean no harm, and understand that this is a bad idea, but I'm curious if anyone's attempted this or had any similar thoughts. (Also I'm far too nervous to actually lie to authority figures so there's no way I would do this.)

• Thinking
Reactions: Cottontail
If you're a bedwetter, then by all means pursue it and see what happens. If you're talking about faking it, you probably won't get much encouragement here. Regardless, I suspect that your school's answer to concerns about privacy is: Apply for a single room. At about 2x the price.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL, Mickeymic, CptKirk and 1 other person
SuperDuperMan85 said:
Hello, ADISC, long time lurker, I've tried to find a similar thread but haven't come up with exactly what I need. This is a hypothetical/interesting question I've come up with. After my gap year (yeah I know), I will be starting college in the fall, and plan to continue wearing diapers there. The possibility crossed my mind of the idea of getting a diagnosis for bedwetting or incontinence of some kind that allows the college's disability office to place you in a different room or with another bedwetter.

Would it be possible to have get a note from a doctor by just doing non-invasive tests/symptom discussion? There would be no insurance fraud or anything illegal (to my knowledge, delete if it is), just a way to not have to worry about hiding it from judgmental people. There may not even have to be a formal diagnosis. Something similar to maybe how people request doctors notes just for a bad cold.

I mean no harm, and understand that this is a bad idea, but I'm curious if anyone's attempted this or had any similar thoughts. (Also I'm far too nervous to actually lie to authority figures so there's no way I would do this.)
I was never required to provide a doctor's/physician's note when I applied. I simply checked the block on the questionnaire, and that was it. I had the option of a private room (no added cost) or having a roommate, and chose the roommate option. I've also lived with this for too many years, so I was in a slightly different situation than you are in. Under the ADA, you may have some coverage with it in terms of not charging more for a disability.

Mind you, this was a state university and was also in 2008/9, so things may or may not have changed.

I dont know your personal situation, but as for getting an official diagnosis, I personally wouldnt if I didnt have an issue/medical need. Apart from the dishonesty aspect, it could cause issues later whether it be with a misdiagnosis of something, masking of an actual issue by drawing attention away from the actual issue, or even with if you choose to get new/different insurance.

Just my two cents tho.

Reactions: TigerDL, CptKirk and SuperDuperMan85
I'm an IC member, not an ABDL guy. When I went to college ([private] Northwestern University), knowing that I'm diaper dependent, I placed myself in a single dorm room. It was the only one to keep my privacy quiet. That worked for 2 years until I got my own apartment (right threw graduate school). Obviously it will cost more than a single dorm room. It would help if you work (half-time?). Since you're an ABDL, you have a choice to not wear a diaper when you're in college. I suggest to limit your kink when you go.

Reactions: CptKirk, SuperDuperMan85 and BigAl2
When you apply for a dorm room, look for the questionnaire about having bw challenges at night or even a comments' box where you could put this request for another guy roomie who has to wear protective undergarments also. I do not think a doctor's note is needed.

I was fortunate in college. I was dry at night from age 12 - 18. My first week in college my bw came back and a helpful dorm lady manager gave me some good advice about a medical store nearby and how they had been helping many new students with this nighttime challenge for many years. My roommate was also understanding as he had bw issues until he was age 10.

Reactions: SuperDuperMan85
I can understand the reasons you may want this but outright lying is never a good option, especially about medical issues. You'll have much more explaining to do to more people and a harder time of it if it ever gets found out.

That said, several years back I had a mental breakdown and ended up with severe depression and anxiety for a while, along side that came very minor stress IC for a short period (We're talking tiny small dribbles escaping out, like maybe 10ml at a time a couple times a day for a few weeks.) When speaking to the doctor about support for mental health I mentioned this and "stress incontinence" was noted on my record, no tests, no deep questioning, just "ok that can happen during periods of intense stress come back if it persists after a few weeks or gets worse".

As an extension to this, it all cleared up as my mental health improved, however since then I have had rounds of severe depression and the stress IC sometimes comes back (still very very minor) for a week or two. The last couple years though I have noticed many times where I have had a small leakage even when mentally healthy probably due to wearing nappies a lot more often.
I've recently been speaking with the doctor and a physio about other problems I'm having with back and legs and we had a discussion about the leaks again, he's done a blood and urine test and found nothing to be concerned about so far but marked it down on my records again and wants me to call back if it worsens.

So it's probably not hard to get a doctor to put it on your file however I would not recommend doing so unless you actually are having some problems there, it's a waste of a medical professionals time, and is unfair on those who do have problems and runs the risk of you being poked and prodded and tested for something that isn't there to begin with.

Reactions: MaxSyd, SuperDuperMan85 and RampDog
Back