Maximum or Ultimate Absorbency?

Maximum or Ultimate absorbency which is higher?

• Maximum

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Ultimate

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters
mightytoddler said:
Long time ago there was 1 true max diaper 20 + years ago . Attends! They were fluffy super thick very absorbent diapers and I loved the quality of them . I was dealing with IC from a ruptured bladder car accident situation . Being in my early 20s was at that time was bad enough dealing with friends who knew I was very padded . They had no side splash inner walls just really thick fluffy wonderful diapers that rarely ever leaked . Even the shell was very soft non crinkly plastic .
It's funny. Being incontinent in the late 80s/early 90s was a real drag. Attends and Depends had either their belted undergarments or briefs. Shockingly, Depends are about as absorbent today as they were then and they weren't much better than saran wrap and wadded up paper towels (which I tried making diapers from to avoid shopping the incontinence aisle as a 20 something).

Attends were a MUCH better choice and would contain one wetting without fail. If I couldn't change after that, the second wetting with Attends was a real gamble. Attends had a lot of pulp and absorbed fast. The plastic cover was softer than anything even available today... I thought they were very crinkly in spite of the soft cover and the smell was a dead giveaway. They smelled exactly like wet baby diapers of the day (which made sense since P%G owned them)... Double motivation to change as soon as I had an accident...

As Attends started to disappear, I kept a few packs and I still have some. In terms of performance, they're really nothing compared to what's available today. I remember them fondly because they literally saved my life. This may be a controversial observation but I believe those of us who use diapers for medical reasons should thank those who demanded better for fun... A lot of the medical diapers haven't really improved (Depends, store brands, Attends) but I think those that are DL aware have (Northshore for example).

Reactions: mightytoddler and Deleted member 56273
Back