Making the transition to 24/7

jessraven

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi yall
I've started diapering 24/7 as to see how I’d do and it was surprising how easy it was for me to move into this. I was already doing 24/7 days like alone on weekends or on heavy leaky days but now I’m trying all the way every day. I have moderate amounts of pee incontinence and an occasional poop accident. But I’m not yet 100% incontinent. I still have some control. So there still is an amount of free will and choice that I don’t take for granted. A few things Im learning. Most of this is obvious but thought I’d share my experiences.

-emotional headspace. I entered a new emotional state. Some shame, relief, regression, fear and a bit of rebellion. Some of these emotions were a bit unexpected.
-need to manage smell. A wet diaper can start to smell reeeealll quick, let alone a messy. Always bring a change, plastic bag and wipes. Try hard not to mess in public or in social situations.
-find a body spray that masks the smells well
- skin care. Barrier creams, and proper wipes and cleaning is critical. Rashes (really yucky ones) were common early on. Messing too much was really bad as I had a uti. Be careful. Cortisone is your friend if you get a bad one. air your body out and try to go undiapered in bed (on pads) for a few hours,or change frequently. It’s fun to stay wet and dirty sometimes but it can be not so fun if your skin hurts.
- restriction of normal life. Travel and other activities get a bit more complicated. You have to think harder and plan everything around wearing diapers. And some social things I don’t do anymore.
-clothing. I can’t wear certain clothes. No more hip hugging revealing tight pants...at least without a long hoodie or blouse.
-“lazy bladder and bowel” I guess I could have predicted this but since I’m diapered I don’t try as hard to hold it and now that I’m 24/7 it’s effortless for me to use the diaper for the toilet. It was surprisingly easy to get used to it. Now, I find myself just going even if it’s not urgent. Sometimes I feel like I’m losing my control, and it’s more involuntary than it used to be...maybe it’s in my head. Be careful of this of you ever want to go back to “normal.”...not sure I will
-expense . It’s expensive. I’ve found brands and discounts but still...
-environment. I feel guilty about making more waste . I hope there are more biodegradable options. I’ve considered cloth and liners.
- I can work from home. If you don’t....this may be tricky

im sure more will come to mind but I’ll post more as I continue this.

love, Jess

Last edited:
Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver, IcyBlue, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
I would love to be able to try this but unfortunately due to my job I can't wear 24/7 unless I can find a really good reason to

Reactions: Belarin and jessraven
Ladycal said:
I would love to be able to try this but unfortunately due to my job I can't wear 24/7 unless I can find a really good reason to
Awww...I’m sorry. I’m very fortunate as I work from home. Yes if I didn’t this might be a horrible idea :( :(

From some of the posts by @greatlake5 I noticed that they have a lot of good tips.
One of the things I noticed was an option is “internal deodorant” which lessens the smell out the other end? Most likely doctor prescribed.

Reactions: MetalDan86 and jessraven
IcyBlue said:
From some of the posts by @greatlake5 I noticed that they have a lot of good tips.
One of the things I noticed was an option is “internal deodorant” which lessens the smell out the other end? Most likely doctor prescribed.
Thanks I’ll check those out!!

Reactions: IcyBlue
jessraven said:
Awww...I’m sorry. I’m very fortunate as I work from home. Yes if I didn’t this might be a horrible idea :( :(
Couldn't even work from home 😕 I work in healthcare so I'm around people all day and even the best highwaisted trousers fall down

• Sad
Reactions: jessraven
Ladycal said:
Couldn't even work from home 😕 I work in healthcare so I'm around people all day and even the best highwaisted trousers fall down
I hope you can find that zen. 24/7 is def so amazing

Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver
@jessraven I've been 24/7 for 11 months now due to OAB wet n dry also I wet the bed and would need to pee 3 times in the night also my job didn’t help being a truck driver
I would pee up to 15 times a day mostly in the morning
Yes I did have a rash in the summer but that was fungal and is now gone
Nappy wise at home it’s cloth all the way as it saves on rubbish bin space
Sadly at work it’s disposables as I’m away all week so cloth not an option 😷💩
And yes I poop them as well as I don’t see the fun of trying to get a nappy off just to poop 🙄

Ladycal said:
I have a similar problem, with my job wearing would not really be a problem if I had actual incontinence issues, but if it was found I was wearing and only because of a personal preference in underwear, people might find it really weird, even more so than if I had a different career.

Saying that though I have worn to work every day through december so far, more out of a need to test the Threaded Armor than anything, but may continue in the new year as I've wanted to try 24/7 for more than a holiday week for a long time now, and I do have a note for minor stress incontinence on my record after my mental breakdown a few years ago.

IcyBlue said:
Yeah that stuff is made with chlorophyll and supposedly cuts down on the smell from bodily waste, the problem is you need to take the right dose every day and it can take a few weeks before you notice any difference.

My experience with it was that it worked, marginally. Even while also eating a healthy balanced diet there was still a smell though it may have been the smallest bit less than without the chlorophyll. Still might be worth trying every body is different after all.

Reactions: jessraven, NappiedTruckDriver and IcyBlue
I've tried and failed so many times going 24/7.. its not for me, I'll do 2-3 days in a row then I want out of them for daytime. My last try was 2 weeks ago, I was home sick with the flu, needed to wear 24/7 as I had no strength to get out of bed or leave the couch, it was very convenient, but as soon as I started to feel better (I think day 5) I switched back to only wearing at night.

pampers4U said:
I've tried and failed so many times going 24/7.. its not for me, I'll do 2-3 days in a row then I want out of them for daytime. My last try was 2 weeks ago, I was home sick with the flu, needed to wear 24/7 as I had no strength to get out of bed or leave the couch, it was very convenient, but as soon as I started to feel better (I think day 5) I switched back to only wearing at night.
@pampers4U you’re a DL not IC like Jessraven and I am ,
Most DL’s do find 24/7 hard as it’s a life style not a life changing event that’s why I would say to every DL who want to go 24/7 do it for 2 weeks 1st then if you’re still comfortable carry on if not stop and go back to your old routine

Thanks for all the love. This has been a long journey for me.

❤️jess

Reactions: IcyBlue and Rainbow
Back