2. Little
I just read that someone else made himself Diapers out of
towels and Plastic bags, and remembered that i did the same ^^

i guess i had done it 3 times but never used them, just wore them
and was walking around in them.

Ma Brother almost caught me one day, as i was sneaking into
the bathroom, and he was just coming out of his door, he might
saw it for a millisecond.

Then he was trying to come in, but couldn't because i locked the door.
after a while he went off, and he never sad anything about it ever.

But that was the day i stopped building diapers and got into a purge cycle.

Did someone else build Diapers out of materials he had at home too, like
i did?

Share if you want :)

I did that for a long time when I was a child at night and sometimes day when on holiday from school rest of the time I just used a baby diaper in my underwear
i did that till I was 18 i got told to go to the doctor and get proper diapers
I still wear towels when I fill low,

Reactions: GermanDL
I made diapers from paper towels,cloth and plastic bags....I would use white garbage bags to make them look authentic..they didnt come out all that bad. I didnt really mess in them because they took time to make. It was fun just putting it on and have the feeling of a diaper on my bottom. I also would make plastic pants too...I got hold of the vinyl mattress cover from little sisters bed when it had a rip in it. I cut apart a pair of underwear and used it as a template then sewing the vinyl onto the underwear making a pair. I made several pairs from that cover. It was a nice soft white crinkly vinyl. These makeshift diapers kept me going for years until I was able to order real diapers and plastic pants online.

Before I got the courage to go out and buy my first diapers, I used to fold up toilet paper or paper towels to get the bulky feeling, and I even tried wetting them a few times. I didn't use anything plastic/waterproof, so it was kind of a mess. I tried solving that by just adding more layers of paper towels with little success 😅

• Haha
I used to fold makeshift diapers out of blankets or sheets at night after my family was asleep when I was about 12 and just waddle around my bedroom in them :D

I tried making a makeshift diaper when I was a very young. It was just a plastic bag and some toilet paper. Needless to say, there was a puddle on the floor when I used it. 🤦‍♂️

When my grandma was training her dog, I made a makeshift diaper by tightly taping one of the potty pads to myself. Tape ripped my skin and it didn’t work as well as 11 year old me thought it would. 1/10 don’t really recommend

• Haha
I remember attempting to make a pair of plastic pants from a shower cap my grandma had when I was 11 years old.. It was an extra one she had. There were no more babies in the house, so I had to be resourceful. I for some reason, actually was more into plastic/ vinyl pants at this time more so than diapers. I loved the plastic it was made out of ,soft and shiny. So I cut some leg holes in it hoping to slip it on. I wasnt thinking it through though. My bottom was a little bigger than a head cover. So in trying to pull it on it just ended up ripping and couldnt be worn ..I was so disappointed that night....I did later on get a hold of a plastic mattress cover from my little sisters bed, it had a rip in it.So she ended up getting a new cover. So I retrieved it from the garbage can. I ended up making several plastic pants from the cover. I was good at sewing so I sewed elastics from old underwear and the plastic making many pairs.

Reactions: TigerDL
I've tried it like three times the results were terrible I don't recommend it

MikeDJ said:
I for some reason, actually was more into plastic/ vinyl pants at this time more so than diapers. I loved the plastic it was made out of ,soft and shiny.
I had a similar thing around the ages of 7 to 9.
With living the local corner shop, I used to steal my plastic pants from the shelf upon which they were stacked (just at the doorway from the house into the shop). So, getting them was always an easy-but-nervewracking experience and they sometimes weren't there.
I can remember trying bog roll wrapping whilst on the bog, poking holes where the cardboard tubes would be.
Obviously, it wasn't that good a thing, if we're to go by the fact that I kept stealing pants from the shop.

When we moved out of shop, my supply naturally stopped. By this point I old enough to make my own, but getting the materials in the house undetected was always a problem.
It was also the eighties by then and plastic was taking off in a way which we don't really think of, today. Plastic carrier bags were still a novelty, but they always had breather holes in the bottom. Then came plastic inner bags in cereal boxes (yes, children, before that they used waxed paper); my god, they painful to wear, but kind of fun, too.

I can't remember when I gave up exerimenting like that; perhaps it was when my parents began leaving me (or me and my sister) alone for longer periods as we grew older and that privacy afforded me the time to sit down and sew some pants.
And that was learning curve in finding the right materials. I still wince at the thought of some pants I made from a woven nylon showercurtain; I was gutted when the wetness leaked right through them, after spending ages perfecting the shape, the size and the elastics lengths with a couple of trials. They looked brilliant.
Why I thought they'd be waterproof is still a bit facepalming.
(Must've been something on the packet's blurb?)

I did one tune from a plastic bag and towels, I used it but it hurt because I made the whole to thigh so it would no leak today I bought a plastic pans and I had a pull up, and put a shirt in the middle and made a triangle with a cotton sheet, but the idea is for me to use when I am out of diapers and money

Back