Magamax - Airlock Diapers

Pampers4Ever

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Anyone tryout the airlock diapers from Northshore? I'm trying them currently and I have to say, these are a nice comfortable diaper to wear during the daytime. I'm usually a plastic backed well padded kind of diaper like a Incontrol Mega Inspire+ kind of guy for nighttime and hanging around the house. When out, I end up in a pull-up.

The Megamax Airlock is a cloth backed diaper so good for hot days and being active. The absorption is there just like the Megamax diapers. I would have to say they are good for about 8 - 10 hours depending on hydration. Good choice for a daytime less bulk diaper if that's what your are looking for.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Rusher, Cottontail and 1 other person
I myself tried the Lites and really liked them!

Reactions: Cottontail and Edgewater
I don't wear cloth like covered diapers

Reactions: Ashton84 and Edgewater
I have tried the new NS MAGAMAX Airlock and it is another great product from NS. I full agree that they are clearly a lighter /cooler diaper, that still provide a solid 8+ hours of wear and represent a solid daytime choice, especially during Summer.

I favor the traditional plastic backed diaper, likely because I had long worn cloth diapers and plastic pants.

Congratulations Northshore on another great product!

Reactions: Rusher, SoggyRunner and Cottontail
I recently tried the AirLock Lites and I really liked them! I figure they'll be my discrete out-and-about option. They were my first NorthShore diapers also. A clothlike diaper with adhesive tabs seemed pretty weird at first, but the tabs on these are great. They're easily repositioned and re-stick really well. I do wish these came in colors. Perhaps that'll happen at some point.

Reactions: Rusher, thesandmanhimself, SoggyRunner and 1 other person
Do any of you find that the tapes can rip the landing zone? I’ve had this issue after the tapes have been anchored for a few hours. When I go to pull the top tapes, like if I need to lower them, the tapes rip the plastic part and sometimes the first layer of shell.

I’ve spoken with north shore already and they are looking into it, so I can say that they really do back their products.

Reactions: Edgewater
Just got some and like both the Airlock and Airlock Lite. I still prefer the plastic backed ones for wearing in private as the crinkle of the plastic really adds to the experience for me. For discreet wear out, though, I think the Airlock Lites may become my go to along with XL Goodnites.

Yooo said:
Do any of you find that the tapes can rip the landing zone? I’ve had this issue after the tapes have been anchored for a few hours. When I go to pull the top tapes, like if I need to lower them, the tapes rip the plastic part and sometimes the first layer of shell.

I’ve spoken with north shore already and they are looking into it, so I can say that they really do back their products.
Unfortunately, yes. That's the one negative thing I have to say about them.

While I don't think this should be happening at all, I found a review on the website that offers a solution:

"Little tip on removing the tapes, as I had an issue, but solved it. Grab the tape tab and start peeling from the corner, diagonally instead of grabbing the end of the tape and pulling it straight across. MUCH easier to undo the tapes without ripping the taping panel."

I tried this with varying success. I asked NS about the problem, and they relayed pretty much the same information.

Yooo said:

I have noted that as my MEGAMAX sets in place for every longer periods time, they seem to continue to increase its setting /locking in place, which I have seen as a good thing.

Cottontail said:
I recently tried the AirLock Lites and I really liked them! I figure they'll be my discrete out-and-about option. They were my first NorthShore diapers also. A clothlike diaper with adhesive tabs seemed pretty weird at first, but the tabs on these are great. They're easily repositioned and re-stick really well. I do wish these came in colors. Perhaps that'll happen at some point.
They are going to offer colors if they do well. Last time the rep mentioned that. I love my Megamax’s but at times something less noticeable would come in handy.

Reactions: Cottontail, PrettyLilPrincess and Edgewater
They aren’t cheap but NS provides quality products that protect you for very long periods when you can’t change.

Reactions: Edgewater and Rusher
Yooo said:
That hasn't happened to me, but then I've only used my four samples. I’m still waiting on my bag. I’ve tended to do all of my adjusting fairly early on, although I don’t think I ripped any of them when I changed either. Time will tell! These don’t seem to stretch as much as some other cloth-backed diapers do. I also sampled the regular plastic MegaMax. Both kinds seemed to stay snug and stay up equally well, which surprised me.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and Rusher
I never tried the Airlocks in person though I find these puppies ideal for daytime use, even if I'm not a huge fan of breathable diapers.

Cottontail said:
That hasn't happened to me, but then I've only used my four samples. I’m still waiting on my bag. I’ve tended to do all of my adjusting fairly early on, although I don’t think I ripped any of them when I changed either. Time will tell! These don’t seem to stretch as much as some other cloth-backed diapers do. I also sampled the regular plastic MegaMax. Both kinds seemed to stay snug and stay up equally well, which surprised me.
I am a very restless sleeper I am on either side, my back my stomach all night. Not once did I have an issue with the Megamax’s shifting or leaking. I do as a precaution wear a water proof daiper cover I get off Amazon.

They actually ship in a discrete Amazon package. I have 3 to was and switch on heaven nights if leaks. So far no leaks. I just like to be safe.

• Love
I would like to try these at some stage. but I'm in the uk and they dont appear to be available here yet. also can someone tell please tell me whats the capacity of these?

I tried Airlock Lite for the first time today and I'm blown away by how comfortable they are! I'm at my mom's house and she doesn't know I wear. I have one on under a loose flowy dress and it is virtually invisible!! Makes no sound and I'm so comfy. I love the plastic front and strong tapes. They are extremely comfortable around the legs too.

Reactions: Rusher and Edgewater
KeepCalmAndDiaperOn said:
I tried Airlock Lite for the first time today and I'm blown away by how comfortable they are! I'm at my mom's house and she doesn't know I wear. I have one on under a loose flowy dress and it is virtually invisible!! Makes no sound and I'm so comfy. I love the plastic front and strong tapes. They are extremely comfortable around the legs too.
All that to say, I think these will be my favorite daytime diapers from here on out!

Reactions: Rusher and Edgewater
I can’t seem to order/find these in Canada, has anyone had any luck? 😀

Newbie2023 said:
I can’t seem to order/find these in Canada, has anyone had any luck? 😀
Sadly, Canada has placed a high import tax of NorthShore products (think America Products in general) and as a result you will be hard pressed to find them and if you do, they will be very expensive. If you live near a Boarder Crossing point, you could do what many on both side of the boarder do, cross-over buy and return home. But, that is only what I had heard from Canadians who live along the boarder.

Edgewater said:
Sadly, Canada has placed a high import tax of NorthShore products (think America Products in general) and as a result you will be hard pressed to find them and if you do, they will be very expensive. If you live near a Boarder Crossing point, you could do what many on both side of the boarder do, cross-over buy and return home. But, that is only what I had heard from Canadians who live along the boarder.
Thank you Edgewater,
That maxes total sense, and explains the cost of them. I can only hope they’d change It someday.

Back