Made a massive mistake with mattress.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Some weeks back I had a bed wetting accident and soaked my mattress without a mattress cover. I without thinking decided to put my plastic mattress cover (which covers the whole mattress) o without letting the mattress dry and some weeks later my mattress has gone mouldy and stinks. It's even made my bedding smell musky and it's unsleepable in that bed. I'm having to throw it out tonight when nobody's around (I live in a group home) I'm buying a new mattress tomorrow next day delivery. I'm sleeping on my bedroom sofa. Don't do what I've done.

Reactions: ChristianDiaperLover
I’m sorry to hear about your mattress. That sounds like a frustrating situation. Mould can grow on a bed if the conditions are too warm and humid, and it can cause health problems for some people. To prevent decay from getting on your new mattress, you should try to keep it dry and well-ventilated. Some tips are:
I hope these tips help you enjoy your new mattress and sleep better.

Its embarrassing asking my group home (people with disabilities) to buy me a new mattress because my old one is soiled.

Ouch! That sucks but from someone who got chronic migraines and fibromyalgia from mold exposure - please please replace it and don’t sleep on it again. People make mistakes, things happen.

I don’t leak but I have pets. They pee and barf. I got a good mattress cover when I bought the mattress years ago but it is a pain to remove and put back on so I covered it with a think painter’s plastic drop cloth. It also crinkles but that isn’t a turn on for me.

WOW -- Bad scene !

Could you not get one of those commercial ones which are enclosed in waterproof fabric?
(I didn't know that they existed until I stayed at a holiday park in the 00s 🤭)

My new mattress comes this afternoon after ordering yesterday. I had to wake up at 3am this morning to dump old mattress down the street. I would have been too embarrassed to let them take it away with all the pee stains very visible on it and smelling strongly of Mould. If I was taking it away I would refuse to handle it so dumped it down the road. I do feel bad. What would you have done and without a car?

Last edited:
I use a Bissel "Little Green Machine", Works a treat!

Back