Losing weight

Sealander

Diaper Enthusiast
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I was looking today at some pictures of me from a bit over a year ago, and I have gained so much weight since then. And it just keeps going up. I had to get new pants. Most of my button-up shirts don't fit well anymore. My t-shirts ride up and get caught on my gut. It's really disheartening. I feel disgusted with myself.

Multitude of reasons. I think it's coincided with starting a new medication (Abilify as an adjunct to Lexapro for depression/anxiety), which is unfortunate because my mood has been great lately. But I also eat and drink too much, and I don't exercise. I haven't been in the mood to cook proper meals lately, so I've been eating too much frozen stuff. Life is like playing whack-a-mole. I get one thing in order and other things start going wrong.

My roommate is getting married in July. I am going to see whether I can't manage to fit into my suit by then. Probably need to lose like 30 pounds. I just moved my exercise bike into my bedroom, where I think I'll be inclined to use it more.

Reactions: KBoy, Dldlns2, Edgewater and 2 others
It's always good to have goals. I'd like to lose some weight too. I've been losing a little but I'd like to shed more. When the weather gets warmer, I'm going to try to get out on my bike on a regular basis. I've been doing some walking but I need to get more exercise and eat fewer cookies.

Reactions: KBoy, Edgewater and Sealander
Just remember losing weight is not all about increasing activity. You need to audit your eating habits and what you eat. I lost 80 lbs in 6 months without increasing activity by simply changing when and what I ate. Since I've actively been trying to lose weight I've lost over 130 lbs and never once stepped foot in a gym. Good luck to you, it can be done.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLPeakOut, Wonderingabout, Shannon1024 and 9 others
I've been on a weight loss journey myself, I can relate all too well to those feelings. I've tried a few different approaches, but the one that's worked best for me has been calorie counting! It was all the munchies that was getting me. I haven't even been reliably exercising that much lately, but I've been losing lots of weight!

Something I've found too is trying my best to avoid super sugary foods, just because they make me crave even more munchies. If I stay off of sweets, it's easy to hit my calorie goals, but then when I cave and treat myself, it becomes a struggle not to have something else.

Reactions: KBoy, Edgewater and dogboy
DistortedWolf said:
Just remember losing weight is not all about increasing activity. You need to audit your eating habits and what you eat.
Septembust said:
I've been on a weight loss journey myself, I can relate all too well to those feelings. I've tried a few different approaches, but the one that's worked best for me has been calorie counting! It was all the munchies that was getting me. I haven't even been reliably exercising that much lately, but I've been losing lots of weight!
This isn't what I want to hear... but I'm pretty sure it's what I need to hear. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: KBoy, Edgewater and BBBen
my experience is,
That drinking more water is one of the most important thinks to reduce weight. And as the others said @Sealander looking about what and when you eat. At all no diet helps, if it isnt a longterm thing.
I have decided, that at all the most impirtant thing is to feel good. Weight isnt all in life.

Reactions: KBoy, Edgewater, Sealander and 1 other person
BBBen said:
I have decided, that at all the most impirtant thing is to feel good. Weight isnt all in life.
I agree, though I don't want to have to get new shirts lol.

• Haha
Reactions: KBoy, Edgewater and BBBen
I lost weight a few years ago and managed to keep it off... Until I got this new job. Food is too easy to get at.

When I lost the straight originally I was monitoring my caloric intake very closely. I lost a lot of weight through diet alone. I can honestly say exercise helps but cutting calories is the best way.

For me I found that a kitchen scale to actually measure food was very helpful. I could easily track how many calories were going in.

One nice thing from losing the weight was I fit in diapers better. 😂
Seems like pretty good motivation to me.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KBoy, Edgewater, diaperdude and 2 others
I'll echo what been said.

Weight loss is best controlled through dietary changes. Extra activity CAN help, but it's not necessary, and honestly discourages most people. Makes sure you're counting your snack calories. It's amazing how many people pretend snacks don't count!

My scale tippers used to be beer and ice cream... There was a time I could drink 3 to 4 beers, eat fast food, and a bowl of ice cream every day! Then I hit 24 and my metabolism said NO MORE! Now I usually grab tea instead of beer, and an orange instead of ice cream. I still get fast food twice a week.

Reactions: KBoy, Edgewater, dogboy and 3 others
I've never counted a single calorie. I went the keto route. I cut out all unnecessary sugars, drastically reduced my carb intake, and increased my use of healthy fat foods. I also used the 8/16 fasting rule although at one point I was down to eating literally one meal a day.

I did one time do the calorie diet years ago and it did work. I just feel this one was much easier to follow for me and I achieved much better results from it.

Reactions: KBoy, LaLoneDigi, Edgewater and 1 other person
DistortedWolf said:
I've never counted a single calorie. I went the keto route. I cut out all unnecessary sugars, drastically reduced my carb intake, and increased my use of healthy fat foods. I also used the 8/16 fasting rule although at one point I was down to eating literally one meal a day.

I did one time do the calorie diet years ago and it did work. I just feel this one was much easier to follow for me and I achieved much better results from it.
Yeah, the lazy part of me doesn't really want to count calories. Another part of me doesn't want to give much up.

I have done intermittent fasting in the past, but back then I didn't really need to. I will probably throw that in the mix since I usually skip breakfast anyway. Just make a rule of it.

I should pay more attention to when I eat for another reason. I'm single and I work from home so I generally just eat when I'm hungry, which is not the best habit to cultivate. I think eating at fixed times will be good.

Reactions: KBoy, LaLoneDigi, Edgewater and 1 other person
As all of us acknowledge, losing weight is never easy. It takes enormous self-discipline and willpower. I've found over the years
that, at least in my case, losing weight has to be front of mind or it won't happen. I can't just wake up in the morning refreshed and ready
to face the world without reminding myself that today's goal must be to not eat everything in front of me. In the US today there is so much abundance of so many delicious and high-calorie foods that one needs to be constantly alert. Look at photos of Americans from the
30s, 40s and 50s. People back then were rarely overweight. Today, as I write this, a woman's size 10 is actually more like a size 14
in the 1940s. A men's size 34 today would have been a 36 in 1950--maybe a 38. The entire nation is overweight. Witness the overnight success of expensive new weight-loss pharmaceuticals at $2000 a month. Historically, human's had to eat all they could whenever the opportunity
presented itself or risk starving. Today, one must be on a constant vigil or he/she will turn to fat in months, not years. It's not just a battle, it's
a war,

Reactions: KBoy, LaLoneDigi, BBBen and 2 others
It's honestly become s lifestyle for me. If I start getting relaxed with my diet I will easily start packing on the pounds since that's what my body got used to doing. I'm at a manageable weight now. Would like to get a little lower but I'm not really gonna bust my ass to get there. I'm over 100 lbs less than when I started.

Reactions: Wonderingabout, KBoy, LaLoneDigi and 4 others
I would so like to buy a dozen donuts make in one of those specialty bake shops and just sit down and eat the whole box! So I never buy donuts....haha. I'd also like to buy a box of either Breyers chocolate chip mint ice cream and devour the entire box in one sitting so I don't buy that either....sigh. What I do buy is the 65 calorie fudge bars and eat a couple during the day. Getting old sucks.

Reactions: KBoy, LaLoneDigi, BBBen and 4 others
Everytime I seem to gain to much weight and start to get fatter and out of shape I seem to get medical sick from something or another. Then I have to lose it. Back to less snacks and more walking. Damn, I just need to stop repeating myself. I've had just about all the medical problems I can handle at my age.

Reactions: KBoy, dogboy, LaLoneDigi and 3 others
I got really sick from a load of meds to kill-off an infection that developed on the surgical site for my hip replacement. The drugs were killing the infection and me. I could keep little if anything down and had zero want to eat anything. Lost 65 lbs. Lost the taste and smell buds and nothing tasted anything more than mush. When my taste and smell buds started to return. I found that it didn't take much to feel full and I would just stop at that point.

What I learned was:
Our body will tell us when its kind of full and the trick becomes stopping! Today, I eat about 1/3 of what I would in the past and that has keep-off the height and helped to loose a bit more.
Blend-in what works for your body to keep your gut working is very important as just reducing eating can slow your digestive track and that turns into real problems! The want is to assure that you look at off-setting items with fiber based items that helps to keep your track running.
Keep yourself Hydrated!! Water is the best, but there are many water based juices and others out there.
Keep your bodying moving!! Those huge leg muscles place demands on your heart, which digs into that stored energy (fat). So, keep moving.
What you choose to do has to be something you want to do!! Or, you simply will not do it!!

Last edited:
Reactions: KBoy, dogboy, LaLoneDigi and 3 others
Edgewater said:
I got really sick from a load of meds to kill-off an infection that developed on the surgical site for my hip replacement. The drugs were killing the infection and me. I could keep little if anything down and had zero want to eat anything. Lost 65 lbs. Lost the taste and smell buds and nothing tasted anything more than mush. When my taste and smell buds started to return. I found that it didn't take much to feel full and I would just stop at that point.

What I learned was:
Our body will tell us when its kind of full and the trick becomes stopping! Today, I eat about 1/3 of what I would in the past and that has keep-off the height and helped to loose a bit more.
Blend-in what works for your body to keep your gut working is very important as just reducing eating can slow your digestive track and that turns into real problems! The want is to assure that you look at off-setting items with fiber based items that helps to keep your track running.
Keep yourself Hydrated!! Water is the best, but there are many water based juices and others out there.
Keep your bodying moving!! Those huge leg muscles place demands on your heart, which digs into that stored energy (fat). So, keep moving.
What you choose to do has to be something you want to do!! Or, you simply will not do it!!
I know what you mean about losing your appetite when you can't smell or taste anything. When I got COVID I completely lost my sense of taste, and smell for a few weeks. Eating became boring. I lost a few pounds right away because I would only eat to not feel hungry. I grew to really appreciate hot sauce and spicy food. Can't taste anything but you can still feel the heat!

Reactions: KBoy, Edgewater, LaLoneDigi and 2 others
denimchicken said:
I grew to really appreciate hot sauce and spicy food. Can't taste anything but you can still feel the heat!
That's because spice is pain :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: LaLoneDigi, KBoy, Edgewater and 2 others
I'm trying to loss weight both by drugs and starvation, I tried DMAA (allowed in poor countries for loss-weight but banned from professional sport) And I had 200g loss per day, now in Georgia I can't found it, but I found Orlip or generic: Orlistat which is designed for block fats from food you eat, but I found out that it is useless while you already do not eat fat foods. I am unable to try gym because any sport actions causes overheat and sweat, and I have allergy to my own sweat.

• Sad
Reactions: KBoy, Edgewater and Sealander
Welp, just tried on my suit because my godson-to-be's baptism is in a few weeks... not even close. 😶‍🌫️ Guess I'll be wearing slacks and a sports coat instead.

I'm trying alternate-day fasting... one day I eat either nothing or ~500 calories, the next day I can eat normally. I feel like that will be easier for me to sustain since I don't want to give up my favorite foods entirely. It is a bit tough though.

Reactions: KBoy and Edgewater
Back