Looking for opinions

Hi CptKirk

so the thrombosis was - from what one has seen from the outside so about 8mm. I would not say that it was super painful - but I also have a reduced pain sensation in the anus region because of my spinal damage. I always put witch hazel ointment on it and it worked.
The real shock came when the thing opened. I was on a business trip and it happened in the toilet at the airport... It bled a lot - but luckily it stopped pretty quickly.

At that moment I also just thought shit - what do you do now if this becomes a bigger problem and was near to call the ER…

The whole thing was fortunately on the way back. Healed it is relatively quickly after a week it was good again.

Since my doc was still on Hollidays I decided just to wait since it wasn’t bleeding permanently.

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Edgewater said:
The use of either morphine or coldine makes me vomit seriously. I am glad there are kinder meds available.
My dad had a serious heart attack and had an emergency quadruple bypass 30 years ago. During his time in intensive care they were giving him morphine and he was seeing things crawling on the ceiling and other hallucinations, something that I’ve never had with my long exposure with morphine and other opioid pain meds. We are all different and react differently to various medications and procedures which is why I suspect that they call a doctor’s work a practice. I’m glad that they have something that works for you Edgewater.

CptKirk said:
I learned when I had to do the prep for my last colonoscopy (have to have every 30 months now!) that on top of my urinary IC issues that I was "leaking" a little bit, here and there. I was also prescribed a couple of meds to combat the opiate induced constipation I live with and again, more "leaks"! These were not full bowel IC leaks, but at the same time I had no control over them. I know I have nerve damage in my lower spine as that's strongly suspected in why I developed U-IC. I can't handle bowel IC issues. I figure that logically, as I age and my lower spine becomes more and more FUBAR, this may very well progress, and that has me on edge a bit.

With U-IC, no one has a clue what you're living with, assuming you dress properly but bowel IC? I truly feel for those who live with it every day, full time. I stopped taking the meds! I'll live with the constipation and occasional agony giving birth to what feel like watermelons only to look afterwards and see nothing remotely that big! Overall, I'm quite afraid of what awaits me as I didn't have this issue with my last colonoscopy prep nor with any meds that cause "softer" stools. I did bring this up to my pain Mgmt team, so they are aware of this though they recommend I use the meds to combat the chronic constipation anyway. Thoughts?

CptKirk
Hugs constipation can become pretty serious I can relate with not wanting to deal with bowel incont. my guts are jacked up I've been trying to get back to normal being able to go properly it's like damn 😒

Big hugs I'm always afraid that as I age my stomach issues will and well I just wouldn't be able to deal with that...

talk to your doctor maybe there is something more they can do...?

Reactions: JeriHfoley18, Diprs2 and Edgewater
CptKirk said:
I learned when I had to do the prep for my last colonoscopy (have to have every 30 months now!) that on top of my urinary IC issues that I was "leaking" a little bit, here and there. I was also prescribed a couple of meds to combat the opiate induced constipation I live with and again, more "leaks"! These were not full bowel IC leaks, but at the same time I had no control over them. I know I have nerve damage in my lower spine as that's strongly suspected in why I developed U-IC. I can't handle bowel IC issues. I figure that logically, as I age and my lower spine becomes more and more FUBAR, this may very well progress, and that has me on edge a bit.

With U-IC, no one has a clue what you're living with, assuming you dress properly but bowel IC? I truly feel for those who live with it every day, full time. I stopped taking the meds! I'll live with the constipation and occasional agony giving birth to what feel like watermelons only to look afterwards and see nothing remotely that big! Overall, I'm quite afraid of what awaits me as I didn't have this issue with my last colonoscopy prep nor with any meds that cause "softer" stools. I did bring this up to my pain Mgmt team, so they are aware of this though they recommend I use the meds to combat the chronic constipation anyway. Thoughts?

CptKirk
There is something that can happen with constipation that is severe, or when there is fecal impaction of any degree. The body tries to expel the hard, retained stool by producing what's known as "paradoxical diarrhea" and if it's not coming out at a forceful volume it can be perceived as leakage. It might be worthwhile to consider getting a plain x-ray of your abdomen to evaluate your stool burden (I was a radiologic technologist for 40 years, so this possibility came to mind). Maybe if retained stool is the cause, and you were able to clear it out, the "leakage" might prove to be short-term?

Reactions: JeriHfoley18, Diprs2 and Edgewater
CptKirk said:
Insofar as I am aware, I do not believe the internal hemorrhoids have anything to do with this.

Interesting fact...I never knew that we actually have 2 sphincters or more accurately muscles and nerves. The "inner" sphincter is 100% INVOLUNTARY, meaning we have zero control over it nor do we have any feeling from it as there aren't nerves to it that we'd feel in the same way as the outer sphincter. I was 100% unaware of this until it was explained to me by my non-VA PCP. This is just one of the myriad of reasons why I love this guy (as a Dr.) as he not only is VERY up to date with the science behind the medicine, he fully understands and can easily articulate whatever it is he's speaking about in ways that make it easy for someone like me to get a really good understanding of. I have 2 outside Dr's I continue to see and that there costs me over $350/month to keep my Medicare MEDIGAP insurance (I pay NOTHING outside of the monthly premium) and being I didn't buy into one of those "Swiss cheese" Medicare plans, I also have to buy a Medicare Prescription plan. In order to be able to see these Dr's at will as well as my 4-6 appts with each every year, that's "affordable", but just barely. Still, I'd sacrifice to be able to see these 2 world class Dr's. I'm convinced that without either I'm not here today. Some things are absolutely necessary, even when they cause physical pain when writing the checks (actually both are auto-deducted, but you get what I mean LOL)........

CptKirk

PS I had 1 Hemorrhoid surgery so far and that MOTHERFUCKER swore it would "only take 5 minutes" and convinced me to go without going under. He was maybe 10 minutes in with me being IN LIVING FUCKING HELL when the other Dr. in the room and the burse asked him to stop the surgery while they inserted an IV to sedate me. He again promised "only 5 more minutes"...... I had a clear view of the clock on the wall and the next 50 minutes seemed like a pair of lifetimes and the pain? HOLY FUCK! THE PAIN! In perhaps the 2nd most critical place on the male body where you NEVER "want" to feel ANY pain! To this day I have not seen that motherfucker and though I have calmed down some since the surgery, I believe IF I do see him again, MAYBE! Maybe what? Even I don't know....but I'm figuring that a beating, being restrained, having a soldering iron shoved up his ass and then plugged in MIGHT BE a good form of revenge!

NEVER agree to have the smallest of hemorrhoids banded or cut off without getting completely knocked the fuck out! I STILL cringe thinking about that nightmare hour from HELL! FUCK!

Bro, when I did my UDS… they fucking messed up 4 times.. the machine broke, I was like “this wetness isn’t me, right?
Then a whole bunch of people came in… students.. it was run by students and it took for ev er..

Fna

• Wow
Back