Long distance bus travel

oceanone

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I'm going on a trip next week and I'll be spending 13-14 hours on a bus. I've done it many times before and the bathroom situation is always either super gross or maybe even overflowing, so what I've done in the past is simply barely drink anything for the whole ride. I'm not looking forward to the dehydration and headaches though and it just occured to me that I could just wear a diaper. It worries me a bit though as I haven't worn a lot the last couple of years and I have only worn maybe once or twice in public, by myself at the movie theatre. Leaking or having to dispose of the diapers worries me a lot and if I have someone next to me the entire ride they could very possibly notice as you're in such close proximity to each other in bus seats.

Can someone share if they've done something similar in the past and how did it go for you? or any tips are appreaciated.

cheers

Most the time these do stop at gas stations and things. So you can alway change at one of these
Don’t mess. Only wet
Get a good quality diaper no cheap stuff.
Wear lose fitting clothing. No one’s going to notice or care.
Try not to have large wets. Do small ones so things can soak In better.
Look into boosters.

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955 and VeiledDevotee
RukTheKansasDiaperLover said:
Most the time these do stop at gas stations and things. So you can alway change at one of these
Don’t mess. Only wet
Get a good quality diaper no cheap stuff.
Wear lose fitting clothing. No one’s going to notice or care.
Try not to have large wets. Do small ones so things can soak In better.
Look into boosters.
There will be a shortish ferry passage (I'm in europe) otherwise these buses don't really make stops. There are bathrooms on the ferry but they are stalls and are packed as everyone are trying to go at the same time. It could be an opportunity to change but I would be nervous about the diaper sounds since there's so many people standing in line outside the stalls.

Boosters are a good tip and small wettings, thanks!

I only have betterdry's, would they be suitable do you think?

Not sure about betterdrys

But i'm IC and have been on 13+ hour trips over the years several times without a stop. MN to Texas a few times by car.

But 13 hours without much an issue as long as you dont need to #2 should be doable in a good diaper and a booster, I've done in a megamax and one booster. Also suggest a diaper cover as well, i wear a cotton brief in between the two to absorb any small amount else it will work its way out being between two waterproof layers it will just move around till it gets out, with the bit of cotton in there it will absorb a few drops that might get by the leak b arriers by accident.

On the bus I'd plan on one change. and also use the loo anytime you do stop. I'd assume you'll have 1-2 stops for food/water over the 13 hours.

But, if you put on a good diaper and booster before you get on the bus, then go little at a time and let it distrubuate around the diaper you will be fine for 8 hours unless your drinking 2L bottles of pop every hour.
But plan on using the loo when you can, and wherever you might stop if there is a handicap/family restroom use it to change, even if your only 1/2 full change anyhow, better to be dry then over full.

But, really if anyone noticed they would think your IC and not say anything anyhow. And your prob not the ony one on the bus with a diaper on either.

Don’t mess only wet. Make sure to use high quality diapers. Wear comfortable clothing that is not super tight. Be as discreet as possible but no one cares lol. If the notice most people are to polite or to embarrassed to say anything. And plus you prolly won’t see most people again anyways at least for a LONG time if ever. Have fun with it.

Back