Littles shoes

LaLoneDigi said:
I've never considered "little" shoes. That could be fun with some of my outfits!

Unfortunately, I have a hard enough time finding regular shoes for myself. My feet are wide up front. 95% of shoes I try on are just way too narrow for me. I hate shoe shopping! šŸ˜­
I have small feet for my height but when I joined the army. We walked everywhere and my feet got wider upfront as a result. I had to throw the shoes I had before joining out because they were too narrow. I still am looking for little shoes. I havenā€™t proven it yet but I think that certain kids shoes may fit but I canā€™t go into a busy store and try on shoes without drawing attention. I donā€™t want to buy a bunch of different shoes and try them on at home to find none of them fit. Plus most of the shoes Iā€™m seeing that look close to my size look no different than adult shoes. Some have bright colors that catch my eye but they donā€™t scream ā€œlittleā€.

Reactions: LaLoneDigi
LaLoneDigi said:
I've never considered "little" shoes. That could be fun with some of my outfits!

Unfortunately, I have a hard enough time finding regular shoes for myself. My feet are wide up front. 95% of shoes I try on are just way too narrow for me. I hate shoe shopping! šŸ˜­
Then you'll have to stay with New Balance, which make wide widths

LittleAndAlone said:
šŸ„°

I'm jelly of all the cute girls shoes in sizes that often even overlap with actual kids sizes. Trying to find little boy shoes in large men's sizes is next to impossible with society's obsession with growing up and unrealistic macho masculinity. šŸ¤Ø
Okay, 'jelly'= short for 'jealous'...

• Haha
Reactions: PaddedRita and dogboy
I've got these lego ones. Size 43 or 9 UK size.UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_49a1.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_49a0.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_mini_499f.jpg

LittleAndAlone said:
This topic has been touched on before but I want to ensure visibility. As a large male I know first hand how hard it is to find cute childish shoes that reflect our little sides.

These just popped up in an email.

https://www.vans.com/en-us/shoes-c00081/vans-x-haribo-old-skool-v-shoe-pvn0a3d29bk2

Additionally my favorite primary color LEGO shoes have a restock in some sizes.

https://www.adidas.com/us/zx-8000-lego-shoes/FZ3482.html

that last one are cute , btw Look's at what I found on wiki how : https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Shoes

Reactions: PlastiBrain
LittleAndAlone said:
šŸ„°

I'm jelly of all the cute girls shoes in sizes that often even overlap with actual kids sizes. Trying to find little boy shoes in large men's sizes is next to impossible with society's obsession with growing up and unrealistic macho masculinity. šŸ¤Ø

Well, most adult females could wear "children's" shoes like T strap shoes and Mary Janes. There are several shoe companies that make babyish T strap shoes up to size 38 European in Spain. A 38 European is a 8 ladies in the USA, or a men's 6. Not many females wear bigger than a size 9 ladies. That's rather unusual. I wear a 42 European unfortunately. That's a 9 men's, or 11 ladies. Of course, I'm a male so that probably is another reason, but I know guys who are 5 feet 6 inches or so that could easily wear a size 38. It sucks. I am nearly 6 feet tall. šŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢. My mom is a size 37 (7 ladies) and could easily wear the t strap shoes I want to wear. Of course, she won't though. My mom was never into that and never really liked people who don't act their age. But sometimes people have a legitimate reason why they can't act their age, like in my case with my Classic Autism. šŸ˜¢šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

- longallsboy

eu38foot said:
Then you'll have to stay with New Balance, which make wide widths

If you have a size 38 foot, you could easily wear the T strap shoes made by children's shoe companies in Spain. I wish I had your feet. Damn it

- longallsboy

longallsboy said:
If you have a size 38 foot, you could easily wear the T strap shoes made by children's shoe companies in Spain. I wish I had your feet. Damn it

- longallsboy
I remember you stating you like them. Never was into them at all. For me, its converse or boots.

• Wow
Reactions: longallsboy
I hadn't considered little shoes for the longest time but last year I got some skechers sneakers that are blue with orange trim that remind me of something I would've worn in elementary school. And with my tax refund money I took the plunge and recently got some velcro shoesies (also from skechers). They aren't very colorful but they still make me feel like I'm 3 again haha.

Attachments

• b5f70hywdjsa1.jpg
    b5f70hywdjsa1.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: midrobbie49, WoollyAndJoshy, Sgdlboy and 1 other person
Oh no, I totally don't like sneakers at all. I haven't worn sneakers since high school and I'm now in my mid 40s. Only wore it in high school because I had PE. I wore velcro sneakers from 1st to 9th grade. I never could tie shoelaces. I can buckle shoes though, like T strap shoes. I wonder why my mom never got me T strap shoes when I was in elementary school. I was actually envious of some of the T strap shoes my classmates wore (they were all girls though and I'm a male), this was back in the early to mid 1980s when I was in elementary school. I'd rather have T strap shoes made for me in my size (European size 42) by a Spanish children's shoe company any day. Unfortunately most of those companies stop making T strap shoes at a size 38. And I wear a 42, as I said. It sucks. I hate being tall and it's even worse because I have Autism and act emotionally and socially like a 4 1/2 to 5 year old. If I was a little person / pituitary dwarf, people would be much more understanding as to why I act like a child. But even being 5 feet 6 inches would probably be enough so that my foot would be a size 38. I don't even have that, as I am 6 feet tall almost.

Here's the T strap shoe I'd pay easily thousands or tens of thousands of USD to have made for me. Most Spanish shoe companies require minimums too but I'm fine with making even 25 pairs if be it...Vietnam would probably have a minimum of a thousand pairs and they are not as high quality leather as in Spain. This is what I want :

B4UrShZA5Ci (2).jpg
geppettotstrapshoes-2.jpg

I would totally wear that with long-alls or jon jons, peter pan collar shirts, and kneesocks. This style of dress is more common among little boys (who tend to be generally Caucasian) in the Deep South, like Alabama and South Carolina. Especially for church, but also preschool / daycare.

I wore these shoes (not the same shoe size, but the same shoe) as a toddler when I was 3 years old. Still very cute, but not quite like T strap shoes. Love the tan color. I always called the color burnt orange. So very mid 1970s, trippy even. And wedge soles are fun. I used to see T strap shoes with wedge soles in the 1980s too, that kids wore back then. Nowadays children never dress up for anything and mostly wear sneakers except in the Deep South. Very boring actually.

IMG_20221130_103909305~2.jpg

IMG_20230320_120017267.jpg

These are a size 13 child's for around a 6 year old. I probably wore a child size 9 at the time as o was 3 years old. I loved my shoes even as a 3 year old preschooler. These were made by Buster Brown and had a shark imprint on the side. Totally inspired by the 1975 film Jaws. As adorable as my shoes were, I love T strap shoes even more, a lot more.

- longallsboy

^ I think I remember having some t-strap shoes like the ones you posted when I was little (I'm from the upper south), but for some reason I have more nostalgia for big chunky athletic shoes because that's mainly what I wore I guess. And also velcro/buckle sandals during the warm months. My early childhood years were in the late 1990s for reference. I actually didn't learn to tie my shoes until 3rd grade when my parents sat me down on the couch one day and were like "you aren't getting up until you learn", but somehow I finally did it. But I didn't wear velcro past age 5 or so, I either wore slip ons or shoes with laces that my parents tied for me. I also remember being particularly embarrassed when I'd have to go up to a teacher in 2nd or 3rd grade and sheepishly ask if they could tie my shoes.

Reactions: longallsboy
happilyderanged said:
^ I think I remember having some t-strap shoes like the ones you posted when I was little (I'm from the upper south), but for some reason I have more nostalgia for big chunky athletic shoes because that's mainly what I wore I guess. And also velcro/buckle sandals during the warm months. My early childhood years were in the late 1990s for reference. I actually didn't learn to tie my shoes until 3rd grade when my parents sat me down on the couch one day and were like "you aren't getting up until you learn", but somehow I finally did it. But I didn't wear velcro past age 5 or so, I either wore slip ons or shoes with laces that my parents tied for me. I also remember being particularly embarrassed when I'd have to go up to a teacher in 2nd or 3rd grade and sheepishly ask if they could tie my shoes.

Yeah, your childhood was at a different time than me. By the late 1990s / early 2000s, I was already in state university and I certainly did not see that many children wearing T strap shoes, by that point (I was born in the mid 1970s). I am from the West Coast and to be honest, the last time I saw a child wearing a T strap shoe with an actual buckle in my area was probably back in 2006, about 17 years ago. So the style has certainly gone the way of the dodo in my area. All I see children wear are sneakers - or Crocs - these days. Kids never get dressed for anything now. I guess you could say I'd like to dress more like a child wearing old fashioned / classic / traditional clothes that was a throwback from the 1980s.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Reactions: happilyderanged
happilyderanged said:
I also remember being particularly embarrassed when I'd have to go up to a teacher in 2nd or 3rd grade and sheepishly ask if they could tie my shoes.

I remember asking a 50 something year old college librarian friend to tie this one shoelace part on my deck / boat shoes in 1999 or 2000. I was in my mid 20s then! šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜±šŸ˜±šŸ˜ He passed away a few years ago at age 66 from kidney failure due to treatment for his multiple myeloma (somewhat like leukemia). šŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢

- longallsboy

Last edited:
My size 38 bootjoe6g1.JPG

longallsboy said:
Oh no, I totally don't like sneakers at all. I haven't worn sneakers since high school and I'm now in my mid 40s. Only wore it in high school because I had PE. I wore velcro sneakers from 1st to 9th grade. I never could tie shoelaces. I can buckle shoes though, like T strap shoes. I wonder why my mom never got me T strap shoes when I was in elementary school. I was actually envious of some of the T strap shoes my classmates wore (they were all girls though and I'm a male), this was back in the early to mid 1980s when I was in elementary school. I'd rather have T strap shoes made for me in my size (European size 42) by a Spanish children's shoe company any day. Unfortunately most of those companies stop making T strap shoes at a size 38. And I wear a 42, as I said. It sucks. I hate being tall and it's even worse because I have Autism and act emotionally and socially like a 4 1/2 to 5 year old. If I was a little person / pituitary dwarf, people would be much more understanding as to why I act like a child. But even being 5 feet 6 inches would probably be enough so that my foot would be a size 38. I don't even have that, as I am 6 feet tall almost.

Here's the T strap shoe I'd pay easily thousands or tens of thousands of USD to have made for me. Most Spanish shoe companies require minimums too but I'm fine with making even 25 pairs if be it...Vietnam would probably have a minimum of a thousand pairs and they are not as high quality leather as in Spain. This is what I want :

View attachment 106613
View attachment 106614

I would totally wear that with long-alls or jon jons, peter pan collar shirts, and kneesocks. This style of dress is more common among little boys (who tend to be generally Caucasian) in the Deep South, like Alabama and South Carolina. Especially for church, but also preschool / daycare.

I wore these shoes (not the same shoe size, but the same shoe) as a toddler when I was 3 years old. Still very cute, but not quite like T strap shoes. Love the tan color. I always called the color burnt orange. So very mid 1970s, trippy even. And wedge soles are fun. I used to see T strap shoes with wedge soles in the 1980s too, that kids wore back then. Nowadays children never dress up for anything and mostly wear sneakers except in the Deep South. Very boring actually.

View attachment 106616

View attachment 106617

These are a size 13 child's for around a 6 year old. I probably wore a child size 9 at the time as o was 3 years old. I loved my shoes even as a 3 year old preschooler. These were made by Buster Brown and had a shark imprint on the side. Totally inspired by the 1975 film Jaws. As adorable as my shoes were, I love T strap shoes even more, a lot more.

- longallsboy
Try Duckfeet

My taste might be a little expensive but match these with corduroy shortalls with leather foot ball buttons a green polo & a brown felt fedora & some green brown 2 tone socks, then you got something here
Hey if Iā€™m gonna be a baby Iā€™m gonna be the best dressed one in the room, what can I say?

Reactions: DBabygirl2
DBabygirl2 said:
Those are cute for little boys šŸ« ā€¦ I like all the colors. I want to get these to wear with my dresses.
Do you have a link for these shoes? They are adorable

Reactions: DBabygirl2
Back