Little selves and fantasy scenarios: incontinence vs un-potty training

Riddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
So, one thought I’ve had lately sort of pertains to the state of potty training of our little sides, fursonas, and baby/little characters. A lot of us like to see our baby or little sides as incontinent; lacking physical control over their bladder and bowels and/or not feeling the need to go. But a big part of potty training is mental, that is consciously recognizing the need to go and getting yourself to a toilet. From stories of child rearing I’ve heard, some manner of physical control can come well before actual potty training.
And, as far as exploring fantasy scenarios through my little side (including age regression) goes, I quite like that over the idea of being physically incontinent. I can picture little me: I feel the need to poop, but I just push it out in my diaper. It doesn’t occur to me to do any differently. I find this idea more liberating in one sense; letting lose in my diaper as I please rather than my body just taking me by surprise.

Reactions: denimchicken, Pamperhead and MiddleJacob
Oh yes I've read similar thing. This is very appealing to me too! That's why pretty young kids can be potty trained. I'm beginning to wonder if kids weren't potty trained earlier in earlier history.

Reactions: Crinkleboy
pdiapered said:
Oh yes I've read similar thing. This is very appealing to me too! That's why pretty young kids can be potty trained. I'm beginning to wonder if kids weren't potty trained earlier in earlier history.
My understanding is kids in the early 20th century often were potty trained at a younger age, often before age 2. Disposable diapers were a big change in that regard, since cleaning up became much simpler for parents and other caretakers.

Reactions: Hell2DaNaw and pdiapered
This is true. Kids are likely "precontinent" as opposed to incontinent. If you've ever been around a baby and a toddler you know they push when they have to poop. They just don't have a need to stop and hold since they're in diapers.

As for a fantasy, I agree. I like that idea better than full blown incontinence.

Reactions: ShyGirl91, denimchicken and Riddy
I am incontinent for real.
#1 + #2

Reactions: diaperedpatrick
The more often I wear nappies, the more 'automatically' I wet them. It's still a conscious thing, but I don't think about it a lot. It just happens anywhere in any position as long as I'm not moving/walking. When I'm not wearing nappies it actually feels weird that I have to hold it in and it annoys me. I'm kind of worried of making a mistake at some point <_< (I never do #2 though, so that's not going to happen fortunately).

Reactions: denimchicken, LilleSnabel, Joediaper and 1 other person
Mikochi said:
The more often I wear nappies, the more 'automatically' I wet them. It's still a conscious thing, but I don't think about it a lot. It just happens anywhere in any position as long as I'm not moving/walking. When I'm not wearing nappies it actually feels weird that I have to hold it in and it annoys me. I'm kind of worried of making a mistake at some point <_< (I never do #2 though, so that's not going to happen fortunately).
I do that same thing! When I wear diapers for longer periods of time I will start to automatically go whenever I feel the need. I’m aware that it happens but I guess my subconscious has learned that wearing a diaper = not needing to hold it. This usually results in me dribbling in small amounts over a period of time. Thankfully, it doesn’t happen often enough that I’m worried about any long-term effects.

You're right, it probably won't be a problem really. I've heard about people wanting to un-potty-train and it takes them considerable effort to actually lose all control. It's not what I'm after and it will probably not happen without alot of effort.

Reactions: denimchicken and Riddy
I get the appeal of incontinence since it’d be more realistic for role playing, but I’d personally prefer to be too old for diapers but just a stubborn kid who refuses to use the potty.

Reactions: dinomonsterrawr, denimchicken and Riddy
Mikochi said:
Me too, its more and more automatic when I wear diapers. Never leak and worring I lose control when not wearing. Its like my subconscious mind has adapted to when wearing diaper I can just go. And when I am not, I hold without a problem.

Wish of being IC is one of the mayor stupidities.

Riddy said:
So, one thought I’ve had lately sort of pertains to the state of potty training of our little sides, fursonas, and baby/little characters. A lot of us like to see our baby or little sides as incontinent; lacking physical control over their bladder and bowels and/or not feeling the need to go. But a big part of potty training is mental, that is consciously recognizing the need to go and getting yourself to a toilet. From stories of child rearing I’ve heard, some manner of physical control can come well before actual potty training.
And, as far as exploring fantasy scenarios through my little side (including age regression) goes, I quite like that over the idea of being physically incontinent. I can picture little me: I feel the need to poop, but I just push it out in my diaper. It doesn’t occur to me to do any differently. I find this idea more liberating in one sense; letting lose in my diaper as I please rather than my body just taking me by surprise.
I totally hear Riddy on this! I find it somehow cuter on a meta level for littles or anyone to make a consciousdecision to use their pants or diapers. That's simply conformation bias because I pooped my undies on purpose when I was a kid.

As I've become older and have found my way into Goodnites, then ABDL diapers, and finally the sweet comfort of Goodnites XL, I appreciate more of what the subsequent poster have detailed. 🫶

With my new mattress pad, I love, loVE LOvE wetting my bed in the morning when my Goodnite is alreay wet. It's just a little bit. But this is the tie-in to the inco-desires that I have finally come to understand.

Riddy said:
And, as far as exploring fantasy scenarios through my little side (including age regression) goes, I quite like that over the idea of being physically incontinent...I find this idea more liberating in one sense; letting lose in my diaper as I please rather than my body just taking me by surprise.
I agree with this. I think more ABDL folks should give what you've said some thought.

One thing to think about is that, from an outside perspective, there is very little practical difference between "pre-continent" diaper use and incontinent diaper use. The results are the same: dirty diapers day and night, with all the attending needs and routines.

You (or a caretaker) still buy all the same quantities of diapers and wipes, still have to find places to change, still have to do everything diaper-related to keep you comfortable.

You still need diapers. You keep filling them constantly with no signs of stopping, no matter the reason why. You could, in theory, be out of them in the pre-continent case. You can't be out of them in the incontinent case. Pre-continent diapering is deliberate continued use because you don't know anything other than diapers, and because diapers are familiar and comfortable and practical.

And to be honest, that jives actually really well with a lot of the continent AB/DL life stories that I've seen. There is liberation in it, because there is agency. And again, from anybody's external perspective, you  look like you are incontinent, because you look like you function the same way. Seems Win-Win for people who want that.

Nobody can (or wants to) look beneath the diaper, or scrutinize the minutiae of your peeing/pooping habits, to see the difference.

Reactions: denimchicken, Pamperhead and enigmatic
MiddleJacob said:
I pooped my undies on purpose when I was a kid.
Did you come to decide what the reason for that was ?

treehopper said:
Did you come to decide what the reason for that was ?
I had accidents until 4th grade and began doing it on purpose I think in 5th or 6th grade.

I have of course thought about this and my reasons are three:

1. I loved the feeling of it.

2. And also physiology at this age.

3. I think this became my “release”. I learned later that my friends claimed to have masturbated from around that age. I didn’t until I was older. But when I started to, I didn’t really care to poop my pants anymore.

Reactions: treehopper
Having diapers I trust helps a lot. I've learned to quiet the part of my mind holding back.

I swear after that first wetting, I wet super easy. Kinda like being in the shower. Once I'm wet I feel like my subconscious is like it's okay to wet.

MiddleJacob said:
But when I started to, I didn’t really care to poop my pants anymore.
You had found some new fun ?

Back