Leaving ABDL. AMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
FatalGeometry said:
I gave up on living a life of Christian purity almost a third of my life ago now, but my entire family is heavily religious and despite how wrong it was of them, I don't want to be cast out like my Uncle was when he came out as gay. Also, the moral conflict is only half of the story of why I'm stopping.
Thank you for your kind comment. Much love <3
I am, I guess, effectively living a kind of double life these days. Lots of people think that I am a Catholic in good standing. It's extremely difficult to extricate myself because so much of my social circle is Catholic. Many people would be mortified if I took the step of leaving the Church altogether.

I know that's not really the best way to live one's life, conforming to other's expectations merely externally. But I'm in a sort of unhappy middle ground at the moment, and it's tough to take a decisive step in either direction.

I mention this just as food for thought. I see you're only 19. I would say my perspective on this issue has changed massively in the 10 years since I was 19, not from any individual lightbulb moment, but just from living life and gaining experience, which for me involved lots of failed attempts at cutting ABDL out.

Reactions: BBBen, PadPhilosopher, Cottontail and 1 other person
Sealander said:
I am, I guess, effectively living a kind of double life these days. Lots of people think that I am a Catholic in good standing. It's extremely difficult to extricate myself because so much of my social circle is Catholic. Many people would be mortified if I took the step of leaving the Church altogether.

I know that's not really the best way to live one's life, conforming to other's expectations merely externally. But I'm in a sort of unhappy middle ground at the moment, and it's tough to take a decisive step in either direction.

I mention this just as food for thought. I see you're only 19. I would say my perspective on this issue has changed massively in the 10 years since I was 19, not from any individual lightbulb moment, but just from living life and gaining experience, which for me involved lots of failed attempts at cutting ABDL out.
I understand that totally. I was living like that for a bit before I officially became an apostate, which only happened because I was going through that early teen "fuck the world, fuck your parents" sort of mindset, which hit at the same time as I developed severe doubts about the church. Fortunately my parent's weren't too bothered and were happy to hide it from the rest of my family with whom I still pretend to be religious when I'm around, though the number of people in my extended family is dwindling fast. My parents are over 40 years older than me so I don't have much family left.

• Sad
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and artemisenterri
Ahh religion the cause of war and social divide, praise be to god but we must kill everyone who apposes the idea of our beliefs....

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: Lilschoolfox, PadPhilosopher and artemisenterri
LittleRascal said:
Ahh religion the cause of war and social divide, praise be to god but we must kill everyone who apposes the idea of our beliefs....
That's the one! I have a massive respect for Buddhist and Pagan belief systems for their more neutral and peaceful attitudes to the beliefs of others.

• Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Pelusos
FatalGeometry said:
That's the one! I have a massive respect for Buddhist and Pagan belief systems for their more neutral and peaceful attitudes to the beliefs of others.
Islam is pagan but let's not go there the word of God has been twisted through the generations for political narrative and control.

• Thinking
LittleRascal said:
Islam is pagan but let's not go there the word of God has been twisted through the generations for political narrative and control.
It has Pagan origins but nowadays it's more characteristically Abrahamic like Christianity and Judaism. It just originated from the descendants of Ishmael rather than those of Isaac. A major Pagan teaching in most of it's forms is "If it harm none, do what you will", which pretty much expressly forbids warring and conflict. And that teaching is in what amounts to essentially the Pagan version of the 10 commandments so most do not forget it. Every Pagan I've ever met has been wonderful and kind and full of love.

FatalGeometry said:
After christ sacrificed himself for our sins on the cross he said "it is done" he paid the bail for our sins and gifted human the Holy spirit to use as a guide through morality so that's what I use if I do something that detests my soul I don't do it and yes I've dabbled with certain "areas" of ABDL which did detest me and I've never done since but if you are a true Christian you will have this guide and you will be able to use it to know what God wants as apposed to what you should do.

• Thinking
LittleRascal said:
After christ sacrificed himself for our sins on the cross he said "it is done" he paid the bail for our sins and gifted human the Holy spirit to use as a guide through morality so that's what I use if I do something that detests my soul I don't do it and yes I've dabbled with certain "areas" of ABDL which did detest me and I've never done since but if you are a true Christian you will have this guide and you will be able to use it to know what God wants as apposed to what you should do.
Well, I'm not a Christian anymore. But the religious pressure for me to change comes from family who hold beliefs that I cannot change. They will condemn that which they want to condemn and I can do nothing to change that.

• Sad
Reactions: BBBen, PadPhilosopher and artemisenterri
FatalGeometry said:
Well, I'm not a Christian anymore. But the religious pressure for me to change comes from family who hold beliefs that I cannot change. They will condemn that which they want to condemn and I can do nothing to change that.
If you have the Holy spirit you belong to God wether you believe it or not.

John 15:16
New King James Version​

16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and sbmccue
There's a high posibility of your return in a future.

Good Luck !!!

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and LittleRascal
FatalGeometry said:
I'll keep the account active for one week to reply to anyone who asks any questions,
good thing this thread will stop in a week, hopefully sooner. This will be my last feeding of the trolls

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
LittleRascal said:
If you have the Holy spirit you belong to God wether you believe it or not.
Yeah let's not go there. I don't really want to be preached to today. I've heard all these debates and arguments before. Need I remind you that I was an evangelical? I've made all these arguments to other people, and I don't think any of us want to hear this either. Stop trying to convert me.

• Wow
chamberpot said:
good thing this thread will stop in a week, hopefully sooner. This will be my last feeding of the trolls
Yeah religious debate never ends well. That was my last message on it. I will not engage in attempted religious conversion via online forum by an individual who says I have a "God Complex".

• Wow
FatalGeometry said:
Yeah let's not go there. I don't really want to be preached to today. I've heard all these debates and arguments before. Need I remind you that I was an evangelical? I've made all these arguments to other people, and I don't think any of us want to hear this either. Stop trying to convert me.
I'm not trying to convert anything 😂 either you have it or you don't.

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: DivineMaestro, PadPhilosopher, FatalGeometry and 1 other person
FatalGeometry said:
Have a look at Rohinja people in Mianmar...

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and MudPuppy
FatalGeometry said:
Yeah religious debate never ends well. That was my last message on it. I will not engage in attempted religious conversion via online forum by an individual who says I have a "God Complex"

The fact you're still hung up on it literally proves my point, adios 👋

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and FatalGeometry
I am one of those Christian ABDL's I guess. I only say I guess because I don't like labels too much. My faith is very important to me, and I try to live life accordingly. If your conscience is bothering you then it is a sin for you whether or not the thing itself is sinful. I commend you for your decision and wish you all the best. Also praying for you. My heart breaks for your rejection of Christ, infinitely more that your rejection of adisc, et al.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DivineMaestro, Rockyracoon, BBBen and 3 others
FatalGeometry said:
I gave up on living a life of Christian purity almost a third of my life ago now, but my entire family is heavily religious and despite how wrong it was of them, I don't want to be cast out like my Uncle was when he came out as gay. Also, the moral conflict is only half of the story of why I'm stopping.
Thank you for your kind comment. Much love <3
I am from an Irish Catholic bloodline, although I was raised outside the Catholic church in regular Baptist and other Christian churches without the additional garbage the history of popes have forced on the Catholic church. One of my cousins (female) came out as gay over 25 years ago and has been married to her wife for almost 20 years. She was not disowned by the family, and even our grandfather, who was a deacon in his church, accepted her choice without giving her hassles.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Lilschoolfox, PadPhilosopher and Pelusos
One day I decided my ab "lifestyle" wasn't for me anymore. I sold all my abdl diapers and haven't looked back.
Sometimes people move on and that's ok.
Now I still have to wear for medical needs, but no bears or baby prints on diapers. No bottles or pacifiers either.

Now I still talk to others on here about AB products & what not I just don't partake personally anymore in that area.

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, TeeMousy, sbmccue and 1 other person
As a Christian ABDL myself I do struggle with the sexual element of ABDL and try my best to keep that out of my little space. However I don’t view this as a Sin. The only truly unforgivable sin is to constantly mock and reject your Lord God. Hundreds if not thousands of worship songs talk about forgiveness phrases like:
1. A thousand times I’ve failed still your mercy remains and should I stumble again I’m caught in your grace.
2. It was my sin that held him there until it was accomplished his dying breath bought me life I know that is finished.
3. Father and Friend you forgive and forget
4. His names is Jesus Friend of Sinners
5. I will not condemn you I forgive and forget it all.
Regardless you have to do what you feel is right for you and it sounds as if ABDL is having a major negative impact on your life so personally I think walking away is the right thing. I really do wish you all the best.

Reactions: DivineMaestro, BBBen, PadPhilosopher and 3 others
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back