Learning to wet

DL01091995

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi everyone!
I’m not super new diapers - I occasionally wear and when I do it’s usually XL goodnites or Huggies/Pampers and been wearing on/off for over a year! I love both types that i wear. But I can’t seem to relax enough to wet unless I’m sitting on the toilet. I have been trying for a long time to get comfortable doing it in bed or on the couch but am still struggling. Any suggestions would be amazing :)

Reactions: Wetshisbed and chrischrischris
Practice... over and over and over and over again. You also have to not worry about leaking at all.

Reactions: dl015, katierichards7777, GoodnitesXL21 and 2 others
Just relax and go when you can.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, GoodnitesXL21 and chrischrischris
I understand your frustration. I have the same issue. I have to force myself to go. I relax and just can't go with or without a diaper on.

Reactions: chrischrischris
When i learn to wet my diaper for the first time i spend time on the potty whit the diaper on. That was the way for me to learn to relax and use my diaper.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Sidewinder, Lyric and 1 other person
Wetting diapers while sitting down on a chair is not an easy thing to do :p. When you feel like you need to go, try doing it while standing up or lying down first. Get comfy with that and then try other positions.

Alternatively you might not trust your diaper enough to let it go. Then try wetting yourself in a bathtub or a shower, while wearing a diaper. It’s a hack/bodge, but it can help for some people.

Then eventually you get to the point in which you feel like you’re about to pee but you don’t. Ha. Haha. 🤣

PuppyMouseMikki said:
Wetting diapers while sitting down on a chair is not an easy thing to do :p. When you feel like you need to go, try doing it while standing up or lying down first. Get comfy with that and then try other positions.

Alternatively you might not trust your diaper enough to let it go. Then try wetting yourself in a bathtub or a shower, while wearing a diaper. It’s a hack/bodge, but it can help for some people.

Then eventually you get to the point in which you feel like you’re about to pee but you don’t. Ha. Haha. 🤣
I really would like to highlight what you said. If you don't trust your diaper, it makes it hard. Once I moved to a good diaper that can handle many wettings, I could wet in most places. I used to do cheap diapers and it always worried me. Now I wet anywhere, even at work. Trust in your diaper always and wear PUL or plastic pants if you still need more assurance.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, ARBBB2, Safari and 1 other person
It just takes a little time and practise and confidence in your chosen nappy. After almost 9 years of 24/7 I have no problems and pee freely wherever I am or whatever I am doing.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and chrischrischris
Guys are luckier because we used to pee outside by trees or anywhere, so its definitely easier for a guy to stand and shut your eyes and feel it coming

I didn't have much problem with day diaper, however nighttime was different. It took me a long while to trust the diaper. I kinda had to forget I needed to go and just relax. Also - the first couple of times...my position mattered. Try different positions - it will happen. For day wetting I'd suggest the squat position, pretend you're on the toilet. We've been potty trained since we were 3 yrs old(apx), it takes time to teach your brain not to use the potty. Get a quality diaper so you trust it entirely. These days I can sleep in any position, pee in any position and toss and turn and my diaper never leaks. (I've been wearing and using since April this year)

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Try squatting and letting it out in trickles. Don't unleash a full bladder until you know what kind of wetting your diaper can hold! After a while, it gets easier. Still haven't got the hang of peeing laying down myself, though.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, wettingagain and chrischrischris
ARBBB2 said:
Guys are luckier because we used to pee outside by trees or anywhere, so its definitely easier for a guy to stand and shut your eyes and feel it coming
Maybe. I have a hard time to pee like that. The only thing that make it easy is when you are wearing a diaper.

After almost 7 years of being diapered 24/7 peeing any time any where is no an issue as my bladder decides when it wants to pee :)

Where a diaper you can trust (Premium diapers like Betterdry Megamax, Tykables cammies to name a few )
Relax and don't stress when you decide to pee and dont think about it or your surroundings just pee just keep doing what your are doing and don‘t show any tell tale signs THAT you are PEEING .

It wont take long until you will be able to pee while standing in a group talking and no one will notice as long as you don’t stress and react of you trust your diaper peeing in public becomes a non issue.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, GoodnitesXL21, chrischrischris and 2 others
Slow and easy wins the race

Last edited:
I wish I could help but ive been diaper training since I was 5 😂 im 23 now xD which is funny because I potty trained super quick I dont even remember anything except my cool glow in the dark potty seat.....my advice start by spreading your legs and relaxing

Last edited:
I just let nature take its course. Since I started wearing diapers full time I just wait until the urge comes, which it always does and just relax enough to let my stream fill my diapers and rubber pants, knowing I do it again at least a couple of times before I need to be changed and then my wife takes care of me.

OP, you are doing the right thing. The first couple of times you pee it's going to be hard to get a stream going. Just relax. You'll encounter the same situation with sitting, lying down and many other positions.

After 20 years, I still cannot relax and pee lying down.

Wow thank you all so much ❤️ It’s so nice to have such a great community to learn from and be so encouraged by. I’m learning to really trust them… mine are holding 2-3 wets :) If anyone has any fun/interesting/unique wetting positions I’d love to try them out!!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and GoodnitesXL21
I d
PuppyMouseMikki said:

Ive never heard of this before! It seems like it might help me build trust with my diapers tho!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and PuppyMouseMikki
DL01091995 said:
Wow thank you all so much ❤️ It’s so nice to have such a great community to learn from and be so encouraged by. I’m learning to really trust them… mine are holding 2-3 wets :) If anyone has any fun/interesting/unique wetting positions I’d love to try them out!!
A favourite for me is lying on my tummy, feeling the warmth and wetness spread out under me, up towards my belly button and slowly wicking around my bum. (That’s partly a reminder to myself. 😁 I haven’t done that one in a little while.)

My favourite way of letting go — an accidental right way from the very first time I wet on purpose — is to imagine how it felt to me when I was a baby and couldn’t help it. Not so much “doing it” by conscious choice as feeling the pee coming on and staying relaxed… watching it come and not stopping it. It feels so good like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: chrischrischris and BobbiSueEllen
Back