Know of a good wired headphones I could use at work?

sciencedude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I need headphones that are wired, no microphone, no bluetooth, no wireless, that I can use at work.

I used Turtle Beach X12 for a long time comfortably with reasonable sound quality but they have a microphone. Still cheap enough though.

Last edited:
Honestly if you don't have a strong opinion about what you want in a set of headphones, I think pretty much anything from a reputable brand that isn't dirt cheap and with good reviews is probably gonna sound fine.

It's not hard to find decent ones with no mic/bluetooth/etc. You might have to watch out for ones with active noise cancelling, but that is usually a well advertised feature.

Personally I like Beyerdynamic but most of their stuff is probably a bit overkill if you aren't looking for a specific sound.

Last edited:
I use Audio-Technica ATH-M50X. They are super nice.

On the cheaper end, I've had good luck with Sennheiser's headphones

sciencedude said:
I need headphones that are wired, no microphone, no bluetooth, no wireless, that I can use at work.
3.5mm or USB? If 3.5mm is fine then Sony WH-1000XM3/4's are great. Yes yes, I know those are wireless and have a mic - but if you connect them via 3.5mm the mic doesn't work, and they're wired :)

They are discontinued by several years, but I love my Sony MDR-150 headphones. Have been using them for ver 20 years (not same pair)

HyperX Cloud 2. you can just unplug the MIC. I love my set

I use JVC HA-RX900, wired and reasonably priced. They work well and cover the entire ear.

Classic skullcandy! I've got an old pair that still works after many runs and gym sessions !!!

Jk95 said:
Classic skullcandy! I've got an old pair that still works after many runs and gym sessions !!!
skullcandy sucks, they are unbalanced, waaaaaaaay to bass forward and overall just overhyped and overpriced gaming headphones for the mainstream teen market

HiFiman HE-400SE if you have an amplifier, else get the Koss KPH-30i if you are into on-ear headphones. I'm a speaker guy (I find not being constrained to ) so I'm not really versed into headphones

Back