Just-in-case Pull-Ups or Diapers growing up?

Hell2DaNaw

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I struggled with bedwetting and daytime accidents as a kid, and because my family traveled a lot I have many memories when my parents had me wear a goodnite (i.e night time car rides, long flights, etc.) Did anyone have similar experiences or know of any similar situations?

Reactions: padded1989, TeddyBunny, ILuvDiapers and 1 other person
I had to wear a diaper and plastic pants when traveling by car long distances until I was ten. Disposable products were not available at that time.
Fortunately, we did not travel much when I was young.
I also had to wear them when we went to the drive-in movies. (How many remember those.)

Reactions: TeddyBunny, BLtheDL and Hell2DaNaw
I had to wear a pull up anytime we were driving over tonight, which didn’t happen all that often.

Reactions: TeddyBunny and Hell2DaNaw
I stoped wearing diapers to bed just before I turned 12. However few months later I had to wear one again while we were staying over at a hotel and again at a relatives house.

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, Ickledan89, TeddyBunny and 1 other person
dragonking said:
I had to wear a pull up anytime we were driving over tonight, which didn’t happen all that often.
Same here. I wet the bed almost every night until around age 11 so if we were taking a long car trip, my parents would make me go to the bathroom 30 mins before we left and then once more as we were heading out. We definitely stopped every so often for bathroom and water breaks, so it's not like I had permission to go in the pull-up. They truly were in case of emergencies and most times I made it to our destination with no issues.

Reactions: TeddyBunny, plasticpants1 and FastBlackRX7
bdale said:
I had to wear a diaper and plastic pants when traveling by car long distances until I was ten. Disposable products were not available at that time.
I also had to wear them when we went to the drive-in movies. (How many remember those.)
Oof, having to deal with cloth diapers and plastic pants in those situations sounds rough! I'm glad we had disposables (specifically goodnites & pull-ups during my childhood). Honestly would've been mortified walking around in poofy plastic pants or needing to wear a bulky baby diaper.

FastBlackRX7 said:
I stoped wearing diapers to bed just before I turned 12. However few months later I had to wear one again while we were staying over at a hotel and again at a relatives house.
I similarly outgrew my bedwetting & day time accidents around that age, but by this time diapers and pull-ups had been cemented in my mind as a security blanket, which I think contributed a huge part to me becoming a DL later in life.

Did you feel embarrassed having to go back to wearing diapers on those occasion even after you'd stopped?

Reactions: FastBlackRX7
Hell2DaNaw said:
I similarly outgrew my bedwetting & day time accidents around that age, but by this time diapers and pull-ups had been cemented in my mind as a security blanket, which I think contributed a huge part to me becoming a DL later in life.

Did you feel embarrassed having to go back to wearing diapers on those occasion even after you'd stopped?
A little, but not too embarrassed.
Not as embarrassed as I was when I first started wearing them at seven years old.
But after awhile I got use to it.

After awhile I actually started to enjoy wearing them, so in a way I was kinda of glad I got to wear one again. lol

Reactions: Ickledan89
Never told my parents I enjoyed wearing them.
Anyways...........

• Wow
Reactions: Ickledan89 and Hell2DaNaw
FastBlackRX7 said:
Never told my parents I enjoyed wearing them.
Anyways...........
I was almost the same. My family never made a big deal about me having accidents (until what I consider an embarrassingly late age) which I am immensely thankful for.

Back when I was a kid, it wasn't fun having my mom whisper "we're about to hit the road, please try going to the bathroom and make sure to put on a pull-up" but the diapers definitely became a comfort object for me. I didn't have to worry about getting my clothes all dirty but like any other kid I worried about someone finding out. After my bedwetting stopped, I was relieved not having to wear them anymore, but I did feel sad when my last pack of goodnites ran out.

Reactions: wetaccident
Early 80’s for me. Last time was age 9 and then back into them after an accident that left me IC for life at age 13. It was just a normal thing to wear Pampers or cloth diapers to bed or on a car trip or to the drive-in. If there was a chance that prolonged time away from a bathroom would happen, the diapers would come out.
It was diapers as pull-ups hadn’t been invented yet.

Reactions: Hell2DaNaw and bdale
I wore Pampers on almost all car rides until almost age six (the beginning of kindergarten). I wore diapers at night for bed wetting until about age ten-and-a-half (or even the early elevens) when I stopped wetting at night aside from the occasional sick day here and there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hell2DaNaw
Hell2DaNaw said:
I struggled with bedwetting and daytime accidents as a kid, and because my family traveled a lot I have many memories when my parents had me wear a goodnite (i.e night time car rides, long flights, etc.) Did anyone have similar experiences or know of any similar situations?
I was a bedwetter till late teens at 16 years old and similarly my family travels a lot internationally, i had to wear disposable tape on diapers when traveling as well. Back then there were goodnites but i needed heavy capacity diaper and goodnites were also more expensive than tape on disposables so my mom had me wear tape on disposables.

I have been on many trips overseas in diapers as most flights are longer than 7 hours plus the early check in for international flights i had to be in diapers. I was still in diapers at 16 for bedwetting although i don't wet during the daytime but the time spent traveling im usually in diapers just in case. Embarrassingly when i was visiting the USA there was a pat down and i had to tell security that im wearing a diaper. They were professional enough though so its all good.

Reactions: DiaperGirly, Dry247, Hell2DaNaw and 1 other person
bdale said:
Oh yes, movies - and sometimes open air drama or opera in the park! Let alone theatre, opera, concerts. Also I had a habit of fainting flat out when kneeling at early-morning church services before breakfast! So any excuse was an excuse for a parental demand for me to be nappied-up - "just in case"! So although NOT a regular pant-wetter, just a nightly bedwetter, I seemed to spend an awful lot of my time in "just in case" mode., though not being a serious"trickle-a-down--the leg" boy.

Reactions: kjluvs, Dry247 and Hell2DaNaw
Hell2DaNaw said:
Always, diapered or in pull ups. No biggie, just the norm! (y) :giggle:

Reactions: Hell2DaNaw
vaslav said:
Oh yes, movies - and sometimes open air drama or opera in the park! Let alone theatre, opera, concerts. Also I had a habit of fainting flat out when kneeling at early-morning church services before breakfast! So any excuse was an excuse for a parental demand for me to be nappied-up - "just in case"! So although NOT a regular pant-wetter, just a nightly bedwetter, I seemed to spend an awful lot of my time in "just in case" mode., though not being a serious"trickle-a-down--the leg" boy.
I used to think my parents were being dramatic, but looking back as an adult I can’t blame them since I was notorious for waiting til the absolute last second.

I remember when I was 8, we were visiting the Baltimore aquarium. My parents got occupied wrangling us and figuring out logistics, so it wasn’t until lunchtime that my mom suddenly goes “oh shoot! I need a bathroom break!” and i was the first kid to get dragged into the family bathroom.

I had been so excited to see all the animals that I didn’t want to stop, so for the last 2-3 hours I’d been slowly peeing in my goodnites. I didn’t want her to see since it was made clear that the pull-ups were only in case of emergencies. I protested saying I didn’t need to go, but she overrides me and insists I try.

Unfortunately there’s no urinal, so the moment I sat down she noticed my pull-up was soaked.

Reactions: BlueyFan9156, GoodnitesXL21, wetaccident and 3 others
Hell2DaNaw said:
I used to think my parents were being dramatic, but looking back as an adult I can’t blame them since I was notorious for waiting til the absolute last second.

I remember when I was 8, we were visiting the Baltimore aquarium. My parents got occupied wrangling us and figuring out logistics, so it wasn’t until lunchtime that my mom suddenly goes “oh shoot! I need a bathroom break!” and i was the first kid to get dragged into the family bathroom.

I had been so excited to see all the animals that I didn’t want to stop, so for the last 2-3 hours I’d been slowly peeing in my goodnites. I didn’t want her to see since it was made clear that the pull-ups were only in case of emergencies. I protested saying I didn’t need to go, but she overrides me and insists I try.

Unfortunately there’s no urinal, so the moment I sat down she noticed my pull-up was soaked.
Did she have a just in case to the just in case pull-ups?

• Haha
Reactions: Hell2DaNaw and Dry247
I didn’t but I think the days of stomach viruses I definitely should have. It seemed to be a problem for me as a kid. Maybe it was my fear of public toilets that started it.

Pampers4Ever said:
Did she have a just in case to the just in case pull-ups?
Yep lmao. I expected to get a talking to, but either she didn’t want the added stress or assumed it was an accident. Instinctually I apologized, but she told me it wasn’t my fault and that she should’ve remembered to stop for a break earlier.

She helped me change into a fresh pull-up and said something like “it’s not your fault if you have an accident, but you need to tell me. You can’t go around wet”. It really stuck with me how sympathetic she was and I felt bad for not telling her the truth

Back