Jardiance user comments?

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I just received some not so nice news today from my cardiologist. One of the other things I need to do is to lower my blood pressure. Since I already take janumet (januvia and metformin) I thought maybe I should ask about jardiance, since it apparently also helps to lower BP. I also have reasons to want off of metformin.

Jardiance user comments?

Reactions: messydiaper
Lowering BP is not what comes to mind when I think of Jardiance. It basically makes you pee out more sugar, so yes, it will technically lower BP if you’re reducing blood glucose and off-loading more fluids. It might be a good option to replace metformin. But some people complain that it makes them pee more often (which may or may not be an issue for you depending on how you like your diapers), but it also increases risk for urinary tract infections- again, could be a more significant issue because of your diaper affinity.
There are several other agents that work to lower blood pressure better without those side effects.

Reactions: messydiaper
I take Lisinopril for my BP. It is working well for me. Im also on Metformin for my sugar. It helps but is not perfect. I got off Ozembic. It was starting to give me an upset stomach. I hope you find something that helps Jimmy.

Reactions: DLScottsman, slimjiminy and messydiaper
I'm on BP meds and Jardiance. BP controlled well and my A1C was at 6.0 just a few weeks ago. Best wishes to you.

Reactions: slimjiminy and BigAl2
I take Janumet and Jardiance (as well as glimepiride and trulicity for diabetes and other medications for other issues) and I haven't had issues. I don't know if it makes me pee more or not, but I've never had a UTI. I've been on Jardiance for a number of years and I was taking Farxiga before that (insurance changed and new insurance covered jardiance but not farxiga).

Reactions: messydiaper and BigAl2
I take perindopril for my high blood pressure.

Reactions: BigAl2 and messydiaper
this drug is what causes my overactive and frequent urination. It is why in the past few years even though I was already wearing Diapers 24\7, now I go through more of them on a daily basis therefore my diaper consumption per month goes way up compared to what it used to be. And I’ve also find that using more quality diapers like safari and things like that are definitely way more helpful. In the past few years, I think I’ve adapted to the 24/7 lifestyle pretty good and having incorporated using onesies and plastic pants into my routine.

Thanks everyone. I will ask my doc about Jardiance when I see him next. I am managing my glucose ok with Janumet + insulin, but am managing BP with Perindipril as well. My interest in Jardiance is a possible reduction in the number of medications I need and hopefully an improved A1C control as well (priority one).

Reactions: Constantlydamp
I was warned Jardiance could make my bladder problems worse. It was prescribed to help keep my sugars down not lower my blood pressure. I take ramipril for my blood pressure.

Last edited:
As I already explained, one of the facts that led to my urge IC are the side effects of meds I have to take permanent after heart stroke/surgery. Of course this side effect does not affect to everyone who has to take those, but I'm obviously one of those who react quite strong to those ones which reduce my blood pressure / heart beat rate and additionally I also have one which enhance the rate of water output - so, the combination of those lead for me to my combined dribble and urge IC. My blood pressure/heart beat rate is really at an optimum since surgery and taking my meds cocktail daily, so the IC is - as I have no pain at all and no other issues with it - for me only a very minor issue. So, yes, indeed meds which lower the blood pressure may have effects on continence.

hbic60 said:
As I already explained, one of the facts that led to my urge IC are the side effects of meds I have to take permanent after heart stroke/surgery. Of course this side effect does not affect to everyone who has to take those, but I'm obviously one of those who react quite strong to those ones which reduce my blood pressure / heart beat rate and additionally I also have one which enhance the rate of water output - so, the combination of those lead for me to my combined dribble and urge IC. My blood pressure/heart beat rate is really at an optimum since surgery and taking my meds cocktail daily, so the IC is - as I have no pain at all and no other issues with it - for me only a very minor issue. So, yes, indeed meds which lower the blood pressure may have effects on continence.
Gosh, I never considered that my blood pressure meds may be a factor in my urge incontinence...

Lethdale said:
Gosh, I never considered that my blood pressure meds may be a factor in my urge incontinence...
I knew that most diabetic medication can cause bladder problems. I found I was diabetic when I went to see the doc about my bedwetting and increased day time wetting. He put me on metformin first and then added Jardiance and Tragenta warning me that these may make my incontinence worse. I now take ozempic in the mix. He gave me vesicare and then tolterodine to try and alleviate the incontinence and enuresis bit that affected my eyes so I just rely on slips and pads (nappies)

Reactions: Constantlydamp
I didn’t realize that diabetes meds could make your incontinence worse, and even though I was at the very beginning of this, I didn’t realize it at the time and it’s been a number of years since the start of this process since it has been a very gradual thing for me. cosopt , which I take for glaucoma over the course of the past seven years or so, has a long-term affect for some people for your bladder and the ability to retain urine basically, I’m pretty sure this means I am slowly going in continent in that way, but didn’t actually realize this until recently. Combine the diabetes meds, that caused you to piss a lot more for the past four years or so, and it completely explains why I consider myself incontinent. At this point, I consider it to still be functional incontinence since I do have most of my control however, it’s the timing and quickness of the situation that makes it so that I just end up using Diapers anyways. it is something that will continue to happen, and since it is caused by mostly my medication‘s, there’s no point to adding other medication’s to stop what is supposed to be happening, mainly getting rid of sugar through the process of urination. I would much rather be in Diapers on a full-time basis, then have a super high A1c with all the other risks that comes along with that.

nikthewerelion said:
I didn’t realize that diabetes meds could make your incontinence worse, and even though I was at the very beginning of this, I didn’t realize it at the time and it’s been a number of years since the start of this process since it has been a very gradual thing for me. cosopt , which I take for glaucoma over the course of the past seven years or so, has a long-term affect for some people for your bladder and the ability to retain urine basically, I’m pretty sure this means I am slowly going in continent in that way, but didn’t actually realize this until recently. Combine the diabetes meds, that caused you to piss a lot more for the past four years or so, and it completely explains why I consider myself incontinent. At this point, I consider it to still be functional incontinence since I do have most of my control however, it’s the timing and quickness of the situation that makes it so that I just end up using Diapers anyways. it is something that will continue to happen, and since it is caused by mostly my medication‘s, there’s no point to adding other medication’s to stop what is supposed to be happening, mainly getting rid of sugar through the process of urination. I would much rather be in Diapers on a full-time basis, then have a super high A1c with all the other risks that comes along with that.
My doctor concluded that my urge IC was caused by nerve damage after 20+ years of diabetes. Your situation may be influenced by the same (in addition to meds) because it is a sneaky process.

I became aware of the issue because of the pandemic. The pandemic closed down washrooms everywhere, so when shopping for 3+ hours or so I would be standing in line at the checkout and peeing myself. The combination of a full bladder and standing still brings it on for me.

When I was first diagnosed with diabetes, I attended a volunteer nursing seminar for diabetics. They told us (diabetics) that some of us, over time would become incontinent. I remember laughing at the idea at the time with another fellow that attended. But I am not laughing now! What's worse, is that I've since had some incidents of F-IC as well, given that my meds cause diarrhea. All of this sucks.

oh yeah, I forgot to mention the really shitty accidents I’ve had because of being on Ozempic. I’ve been on this for the past year or so and it takes a while to get used to it, but I’ve noticed that within the first few days of my weekly dose there’s a pretty good chance, I will have this issue which is now the reason why I take it on weekends when I know I’m not going and doing anything. If I’m gonna have to change my diaper a few times, I’d rather have it be at home then while I’m out and about. this is also the really big reason why I have discovered that having super thin crappy, Diapers is worth having a big supply of, for the times when I’m only hanging out at home and I can afford to change like five or six times in a day. this weekend I was supposed to go to a concert on Saturday night and I started feeling crappy right before I was supposed to leave and so I made a quick decision to not go to the concert that night and it was smart because I later on, had two accidents that night and then on top of that the next day in the morning, I had another one. so this may just be a new thing I will have to get used to .

used to take lisinopril, had an interaction with lyrica and had to change to losartin
Losartin and hydroclorothizide for bp. Ozympic for the A1C .

Back