I've woken up in a messy diaper

princessarya

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
So this has literally never happened to me. I've woken up pushing, but I've never messed myself while sleeping. Like I'm sure I did when I was an infant, but ignoring that. I know I've said this before but wearing diapers full time for my OAB/urge incontinence is speeding up my loss of control.

And before anyone says anything, it's 645am. My doctor is not in the office yet, but I appreciate the advice to speak to him.

Reactions: Diprs2
Certainly cannot give medical advice. Since you woke up "pushing" it sounds like you are getting comfortable using your diapers. Since you were "pushing" your messy diaper sounds volitional, at least at some conscious level. If it were me, although I mess my diapers on purpose, I would monitor this, one incident may not be enough data. Your call, though.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and princessarya
Frungie said:
Certainly cannot give medical advice. Since you woke up "pushing" it sounds like you are getting comfortable using your diapers. Since you were "pushing" your messy diaper sounds volitional, at least at some conscious level. If it were me, although I mess my diapers on purpose, I would monitor this, one incident may not be enough data. Your call, though.
The first time was pushing. This time was it's already there.

Reactions: Diprs2
Where I live there's a stomach bug going around. I had it Saturday and unwillingly messed myself. Had I been asleep I think the same thing would have happened.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, bedwetterdavid and 1 other person
messydiaper said:
Where I live there's a stomach bug going around. I had it Saturday and unwillingly messed myself. Had I been asleep I think the same thing would have happened.
That’s true, I just heard on the news the Noro virus is making its rounds. Last time I had it I pooped myself (wasn’t wearing a diaper either and it was horrible).

But with that said, the mind is a powerful thing. As they say, “be careful what you wish for“. I really think you spend enough time wishing and hoping for this to happen, eventually, it will. My Bedwetting came back in my early 30s for no apparent reason except that I spent years wishing I was back in diapers. My brain made it so.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Waking up with a dirty diaper isn't something that's a surprise for me. It happens almost every day (when I'm sleeping). Pushing while sleeping is rare.
In fact when I'm trying to empty my bowel, I have little control. When I'm awake and when I'm trying to push I can't strain on my external sphincter. Anything I can do is using my abdominal muscles to push (dysfunctional pelvis floor along with pudendal nerve dysfunction). I sleep like I'm in a coma and I don't feel anything. When I awake I will sometimes feel the urge. But not when I'm sleeping.

I would suggest to see your doctor. It may be just an illness.

I frequently mess my diaper while sleeping. Sometimes I wake up when the accident is happening and sometimes I sleep through the accident and don’t know I messed my diaper until I wake up. I am just happy my accidents are all contained by my diaper.

To place this Thread here in the Incontinent Forum you cannot believe that you would not get comments regarding your need to report this to your Doctor. The time of day has nothing to do with it either.

May it be little more that a short-term illness.

Reactions: Diprs2, messydiaper, Diaperman95 and 1 other person
Back