I've started making replica 1970's Pampers diapers, for 28"-33" waists.

BobbiSueEllen said:
No design whatsoever. All-white.
That’s exactly how I remember it…

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and BobbiSueEllen
MuchiMuchi said:
Hi! After about 25 different prototypes and sourcing I don't know how many kinds of plastic film and inner liners, I've come up with an incredibly faithful 1970's Pampers replica for adults.

The big difference is that the center core has SAP polymer as well as 2 pulp layers. There is also some visible blue "wasitband" due to one of the materials I use. These are nothing like the old Ables or flat-folded bedpads that had sticky tapes on them. These are not only proportionally larger than old Pampers, but also proportionally thicker. They can actually be used and not leak immediately. They're as reliable as old Pampers, but to an adult-sized ratio. There are no elastic gathers.

The top layer you see with the blue border around it is indeed a bedpad, if you're wondering. I found these to be the softest against the skin, so I used those for the top layer. The layers inside are thicker and very absorbent, but not as soft against skin.

A special adhesive (which took me like 10 tries to get right) is used to adhere the center point, just like the originals. It was really hard to find something that adhered to an absorbent lining well. The inner padding is also adhered to the plastic film is just the right places and not "all over", giving that airy center that separates the film and padding. (if you've got any originals, look and see what I mean.)

The plastic backing is really the most impressive thing: it is as close to actual 1970's Pampers that I have found. I have many original 70's Pampers here as reference, and I have found a plastic backing that I consider to be about 90% accurate to the original in terms of softness, gloss and that famous "diamond" texture.

The tapes are not as authentic...I tried sourcing a more papery style tape but I found they'd rip too easily. White duct tape is used instead, but is applied in exactly the same way the tapes were adhered and attached to the original Pampers. They are also semi-refastenable.

I still consider these to mostly be "play" diapers as they, like actual 1970's Pampers, are not as effective and functional as modern diapers. But they feel incredible and look exactly like 1970's Pampers when they're put on.

Each one is handmade, and thus are not perfect and have minor imperfections. Though, if they aren't wet or soiled, they could last a very long time and be reused.

They're not cheap to make and do take some time to handmake each individual "jumbo Pamper". I'm thinking of selling them, but thusly they won't be cheap and I'm fearful or people not being understanding that these are not factory-made and not perfect. But curious to hear everyone's thoughts.
Hello MuchiMuchi,

I am a 50+ year old diaper lover and I wore vintage 70s Pampers from age birth all the way until I was a skinny little 12 year old (due to bedwetting). My fetish for 70s style Pampers diapers developed somewhere around age 7 or so (ever since I discovered that I could still fit into a toddler sized Pampers disposable diaper), and thus my diaper fetish has stayed with me my entire life ever since. I mostly collect vintage 70s styled Pampers or generic and other branded diapers with features like those 70s styles for the sexual gratification I receive from "playing" with them and it has always been that famous "diamond" textured plastic outer shell that makes or breaks the deal for me in choosing vintage diapers. However, the "diamond" plastic design is not the same on all brands. I estimate that 99% of all vintage diapers that featured the diamond pattern are the same or close enough to be classified as copies of each other (other diaper makers basically copied P&G Pampers design at the time), but the remaining 1% has what I call "reversed" diamond texture. Confused? Let me explain.

Being on the Autism Spectrum as well, my diaper fetish is heightened by noticing even the smallest of details in just about everything around me--to naturally include vintage diapers. For instance, being a fellow diaper lover such as myself (its in your profile wording), and since you specifically mentioned the famous "diamond" texture (something I don't hear too many other ABDL related folks mentioning often) have you noticed that the original late 60s Pampers that were available when you had to pin them on featured the diamond texture "reversed" as compared to every other vintage early 70s and later Pampers style (and other brands that copied P&G) that were produced with the introduction of the tapes shortly after?

By "reversed," I mean, when you hold one of those very first late 60s tapeless Pampers diapers in your hand and look carefully, the outside part of the diaper plastic with the diamond texture it was more "imprinted" (diamond sort of sinking in towards the inside of the diaper) as opposed to the typical "raised" (sort of pushing out away from the inside of the diaper) design. Of course, history will go on to show that most vintage pleated diaper makers of those days adopted to go with the "raised diamond design" up until all diaper makers decided to go completely "smooth" and featureless in their outer shell. It's almost as if those 60s tapeless versions were made by loading the plastic film in "upside down" in the machine that produced them, until P&G decide to add tapes as well as "flip the plastic film over" for the 70s versions. Are you following me or is my hyper attention to detail just confusing you?

All of this is important for DLs such as myself, because for me personally, the standard "raised diamond texture" is THE key to my excitement being triggered in a vintage diaper or not. The diamond texture for me is the single most important feature of a vintage diaper, meaning even those original late 60s tapeless Pampers that you had to pin on do NOT make me excited because of the "reversed" diamond pattern. We fetishists really do have our quirks, huh? Heck, even the first Kleenex Huggies that came in a box had a form of the diamond texturing that is close enough to standard 70s Pampers with tapes that it triggers my excitement. To this day, whenever I shop for vintage diapers on eBay and I come across generic brands that resemble the 70s fan-fold (pleated) design, I always ask the seller about the diamond texture before I purchase. I don't have to ask when considering Pampers brand since the box designs gives the diamond texture style away (late 60s vs. 70s and later). Even the later 70s Pampers with stay-dry gathers eventually lost their diamond texture (P&G went with "smooth" plastics), and thus, I am not turned on by them. Funny huh?

In closing, I am very excited to see your adult-sized 70s Pampers replicas! They look fantastic. Your diamond texture looks to be of the "reversed" style like the late 60s tapeless versions of vintage Pampers. However, since you are making these yourself, is this perhaps just an oversight? Hold a 70s vintage Pamper in your hand and hold your adult-sized diaper in your hand and look at the diamond patter closely. Were you intentionally going for the 60s diamond style? Also, where on earth did you find and purchase bulk diamond film?! I have been searching my while life for some to put on top of say SureCare fanfolds to make them even more like 70s Pampers. Heck, I would even put the diamond film on top of vintage Attends to make them more like Pampers if I could find the diamond film.

Please divulge your secret...

*Hover your mouse over the full sized images below to see my personal description of each photo

Kleenex reversed diamond pattern1.jpgbabysoftex21 - standard diamond pattern.jpgbabylino29 - standard diamond pattern.jpgpampers standard diamond pattern from the inside.jpgpampers standard diamond pattern from the outside.jpgpampers standard diamond pattern.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: fakename, WillFord384, KnappFlannel and 2 others
The pattern would be "embossed"? 🤔

Reactions: Deleted member 56273
BobbiSueEllen said:
The pattern would be "embossed"? 🤔
BobbiSueEllen,

According to Wikipedia's definition of "embossed":

"Embossing and debossing are the processes of creating either raised or recessed relief images and designs in paper and other materials. An embossed pattern is raised against the background, while a debossed pattern is sunken into the surface of the material but might protrude somewhat on the reverse side."

So, I supposed what I was trying to say was that original 60s Pampers featured "debossed" diamond pattern in the plastic, while most--if not all 70s Pampers (and other generic brands or those with fanfold, pleated designs) featured "embossed" diamond patterns in the plastic. Early J&J fanfold diapers went back and forth a few times with embossed diamond vs. smooth plastics; Kleenex Huggies that came in the box had their own unique style of extremely supple embossed diamond plastics (wow! They were great to "play with"); Kimbies (also made by the makers of Huggies) had debossed diamond patterns on some versions, and embossed diamond patters on other versions before being discontinued in favor of Huggies; Luvs had no embossing or diamonds from the very beginning and has never had it since (they were and always have been "smooth"); even K-mart and Target and most supermarket brands--to include the Generic Brand found in King Soopers--had diamond embossing at the time!

From early 70s to about mid 80s was a great time for "diamond embossed diaper fetishists" such as myself. Sad that no adult diaper ever featured the embossed diamond plastic (even the very first Attends made by P&G--the makers of Pampers--did not have it!).

Funny thing, the vinyl/plastic pants of those same 70s to 80s years had the same diamond embossing "thing" going on (LOL). Check out vintage Gerber vinyl pants and compare them to current Gerber vinyl pants and you will see embossing vs. no embossing going on:

*See images below

attends vintage3.jpgkmart2.jpgVarious - 569.jpggerber pants3.jpg

• Love
Reactions: fakename, WillFord384 and Deleted member 56273
This kind of textured plastic is often referred as "rubberized".

Interesting trivia for both Luvs and Attends, though.

At first I thought that a very small batch of Luvs and Attends sposies had rubberized plastics, which is finally false. Apparently P&G decided to use plain smooth plastics and keep the rubberized style for its pleated sposies.

Last edited by a moderator:
MuchiMuchi said:
Thank you! I missed them too so much, and I have for years. I got serious about making real replicas earlier this year, and decided I would invest time and money researching the most authentic way to do it, obsessing over every minute detail. I think I finally nailed it, at least for a good solid v.1.0. I had one on earlier and I about melted onto the floor. :) Proper scenting is the next step.

Right now, I am sourcing the materials that allow me to make them for about 33" max waist size. I'm going to look into making larger sizes if there's any demand for this size.

I wish they were cheaper to produce, but the cost of materials is more than I want it to be. Right now they cost WAY more than a single premium modern diaper. These are definitely a nostalgic luxury item for those who wore the originals and have a strong connection to them.
I miss them so much, especially the scent. The new ones are almost scentless.

Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and BobbiSueEllen
Pamperzonly said:
I miss them so much, especially the scent. The new ones are almost scentless.

Babylino fanfolds were always scentless.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
70sPampers said:
Hello MuchiMuchi,

I am a 50+ year old diaper lover and I wore vintage 70s Pampers from age birth all the way until I was a skinny little 12 year old (due to bedwetting). My fetish for 70s style Pampers diapers developed somewhere around age 7 or so (ever since I discovered that I could still fit into a toddler sized Pampers disposable diaper), and thus my diaper fetish has stayed with me my entire life ever since. I mostly collect vintage 70s styled Pampers or generic and other branded diapers with features like those 70s styles for the sexual gratification I receive from "playing" with them and it has always been that famous "diamond" textured plastic outer shell that makes or breaks the deal for me in choosing vintage diapers. However, the "diamond" plastic design is not the same on all brands. I estimate that 99% of all vintage diapers that featured the diamond pattern are the same or close enough to be classified as copies of each other (other diaper makers basically copied P&G Pampers design at the time), but the remaining 1% has what I call "reversed" diamond texture. Confused? Let me explain.

Being on the Autism Spectrum as well, my diaper fetish is heightened by noticing even the smallest of details in just about everything around me--to naturally include vintage diapers. For instance, being a fellow diaper lover such as myself (its in your profile wording), and since you specifically mentioned the famous "diamond" texture (something I don't hear too many other ABDL related folks mentioning often) have you noticed that the original late 60s Pampers that were available when you had to pin them on featured the diamond texture "reversed" as compared to every other vintage early 70s and later Pampers style (and other brands that copied P&G) that were produced with the introduction of the tapes shortly after?

By "reversed," I mean, when you hold one of those very first late 60s tapeless Pampers diapers in your hand and look carefully, the outside part of the diaper plastic with the diamond texture it was more "imprinted" (diamond sort of sinking in towards the inside of the diaper) as opposed to the typical "raised" (sort of pushing out away from the inside of the diaper) design. Of course, history will go on to show that most vintage pleated diaper makers of those days adopted to go with the "raised diamond design" up until all diaper makers decided to go completely "smooth" and featureless in their outer shell. It's almost as if those 60s tapeless versions were made by loading the plastic film in "upside down" in the machine that produced them, until P&G decide to add tapes as well as "flip the plastic film over" for the 70s versions. Are you following me or is my hyper attention to detail just confusing you?

All of this is important for DLs such as myself, because for me personally, the standard "raised diamond texture" is THE key to my excitement being triggered in a vintage diaper or not. The diamond texture for me is the single most important feature of a vintage diaper, meaning even those original late 60s tapeless Pampers that you had to pin on do NOT make me excited because of the "reversed" diamond pattern. We fetishists really do have our quirks, huh? Heck, even the first Kleenex Huggies that came in a box had a form of the diamond texturing that is close enough to standard 70s Pampers with tapes that it triggers my excitement. To this day, whenever I shop for vintage diapers on eBay and I come across generic brands that resemble the 70s fan-fold (pleated) design, I always ask the seller about the diamond texture before I purchase. I don't have to ask when considering Pampers brand since the box designs gives the diamond texture style away (late 60s vs. 70s and later). Even the later 70s Pampers with stay-dry gathers eventually lost their diamond texture (P&G went with "smooth" plastics), and thus, I am not turned on by them. Funny huh?

In closing, I am very excited to see your adult-sized 70s Pampers replicas! They look fantastic. Your diamond texture looks to be of the "reversed" style like the late 60s tapeless versions of vintage Pampers. However, since you are making these yourself, is this perhaps just an oversight? Hold a 70s vintage Pamper in your hand and hold your adult-sized diaper in your hand and look at the diamond patter closely. Were you intentionally going for the 60s diamond style? Also, where on earth did you find and purchase bulk diamond film?! I have been searching my while life for some to put on top of say SureCare fanfolds to make them even more like 70s Pampers. Heck, I would even put the diamond film on top of vintage Attends to make them more like Pampers if I could find the diamond film.

Please divulge your secret...

*Hover your mouse over the full sized images below to see my personal description of each photo

View attachment 64522View attachment 64524View attachment 64525View attachment 64526View attachment 64527View attachment 64528

Elasticized fanfold Pampers still had rubberized plastics.

P&G switched to smooth plastics once Pampers followed the hourglass trend which started with Luvs and Attends in the mid-to-late 1970s.

BabyTweetyBird said:
Elasticized fanfold Pampers still had rubberized plastics.
"Rubberized"? I'm not understanding this. The fanfold diapers had a tiny-diamond-embossing to their plastic outer but no rubber or similar material. The plastic would tear if the diaper was rough-housed in or a tape was pulled, just as on the smooth-plastic hourglass diapers and even our own diapers. I saw this many times in my youth with the occasional visiting mom who was frustrated because she didn't place the tape on the diaper correctly, concluded she'd wasted the diaper and would rip the diaper tapes off, starting over with a new diaper and disposing of the damaged one. I secretly swiped a damaged, clean diaper or two from the trash and found this out after examining it.

Also of note: The '60s/'70s Mattel Mrs. Beasley dolls (the doll Buffy had on Family Affair) had a production variant, whereas the 90% shredded clippings on the tag became "60% shredding clippings, 30% shredded cellulose"; that 30% shredded cellulose was mechanically-separated Pampers diapers (a cheap production expedient), evidenced not only by the padding & plastic...but that diamond-embossed plastic. A dead giveaway. I had a Mrs. Beasley doll project which was that way. I wish I'd saved the evidence but that was 5 years ago...the diaper fluff got tossed, plastic & all. The fluff was really nasty, it got into the doll's pull-string voice-box and really clogged things up...plus decayed the speed-governor rubber band and fouled up the speed governor. 🤔

It's all about the feel and sensation of rubber the textured plastic does have.

Reactions: Mickey
Ah! There it is! 🥳

Reactions: Deleted member 56273
The textured plastic on Gerber pants is made from vinyl, which is a sort of rubber.

When Rearz launched their original Inspires nearly a decade ago they claimed using the most coveted thick vintage-style plastic that makes you feel wrapped into vinyl or wear thick plastic pants. We need a confirmation from @RearzJacob about this claim as I'm not as 100% certain if the Inspire's plastic is textured or not.

BabyTweetyBird said:
The textured plastic on Gerber pants is made from vinyl, which is a sort of rubber.
It is indeed a vinyl: polyvinyl chloride (PVC), a synthetic polymer, which is flexible but not elastic. In contrast, rubber is a largely-organic flexible elastomer (elastic polymer), although it can be synthesized.

My parents called those Gerbers, "Rubber Pants". Its just a term holdover from the real rubber days. I can find vinyl like this off and on various products mostly vinyl bed covers and shower curtains. No one uses it to make plastic pants anymore, at least not in the adult market, though I found some from the UK that are baby plastic pants with a small diamond pattern on them. The feel is amazing on the bum, its what made me remember the plastic pants I wore at night and turned me into a DL. Anything to get plastic pants in my size like these. If I can't get people to sell me the super rare adult Gerbers then I need to make them!

Reactions: Scott729, BobbiSueEllen and Deleted member 56273
MickeyM said:
My parents called those Gerbers, "Rubber Pants". Its just a term holdover from the real rubber days.

True. Rubber pants were the big thing after the advent of the Rubber Boom (don't...even...go there. 🤣🤭) with their stretch an' all...then PVC came along after WW2 and things did a big "diaper-changeabout". 🤭 But the rubber pants moniker (no, not the gal from Friends) stuck around in the minds of mothers until the next generation, when the terms "plastic pants", "PPs" and the like came into vogue. Strike a pose, Mom! 🥳

Bad Joke Time: how do you turn rubber plants into rubber pants? You get the L outta there. 😖🙄

any chance of making some for people with a 42 or bigger waist ?

BabyTweetyBird said:

When Rearz launched their original Inspires nearly a decade ago they claimed using the most coveted thick vintage-style plastic that makes you feel wrapped into vinyl or wear thick plastic pants. We need a confirmation from @RearzJacob about this claim as I'm not as 100% certain if the Inspire's plastic is textured or not.
I was not working with the company that long ago so cannot say for sure. We also do not keep old diapers we used to stock everything gets sold or used.

RearzJacob said:
I was not working with the company that long ago so cannot say for sure. We also do not keep old diapers we used to stock everything gets sold or used.
OK, thanks for the clarification.

BabyTweetyBird said:
OK, thanks for the clarification.
I checked with the owner and she said it would not have been as textured as the Gerber ones.

• Wow
RearzJacob said:
I checked with the owner and she said it would not have been as textured as the Gerber ones.
This is exactly the information I was looking for.

Have a nice week-end!

Back