I've never had nappy rash?

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
And I'm 24/7. I have good nappy hygiene, I change every 4 hours on average. I only use Medical nappies. I have never had nappy rash in all my years wearing. Are some people more prone to it then others?

I myself have good nappy hygiene and I have only once had nappy rash that is because once I was in a rush to go somewhere I didn't wash before putting a new nappy on.

Reactions: bobbilly
I get it now and again.

I get a diaper rash frequently if I mess my diaper while sleeping. It normally takes a few days for it to heal. A diaper rash is never fun to deal with.

I don’t get rashes either. I shower between each change. If I am out I at least use wipes. Some people are more prone to rashes.

Reactions: AttilaThePun
I’m dual ic, and wearing diapers, primarily cloth, 24/7 which increases the chances of getting diaper rash. Keeping your diaper area clean, finding diapers and/or a detergent and laundry routine that doesn’t result in irritation to your skin, allowing your skin a period of exposure to the air daily to dry, and finding a good rash preventative, barrier, and powder for those that use them all helps. It has helped me to use a soft soap with Aloe Vera to wash my diaper area and I do shower (a hand held shower head is very handy for cleanup in this area) and wash this area daily. After initially getting a few rashes and then being rash free for a year or two I thought that I had developed “rhino tushie” that was rash resistant. Then I got a couple of rashes that were doozies, one with Abena M-4s and the other wearing cloth contours, when traveling by air with the Abenas and in my pickup wearing the cloth. A couple of things that I noticed that seem to be a factor in whether I’m inclined to get a rash is my gut health and what I’ve eaten recently. Probiotics, sufficient fiber, Greek yogurt, reduced red meat, and limited sugar seem to help to reduce the pH imbalance in my GI tract and hydrating sufficiently helps with urine pH to reduce irritation from urine.

Reactions: Edgewater, AttilaThePun and Rusher
I use baby wipes and Johnson’s baby lotion to freshen up when changing a wet nappy on average every four hours but in long journeys or flights I might be in a wet nappy for longer and do get nappy rash. Normally Sudecreme will sort it out.

I always clean myself when I change and I've never had any rashes.

Like near everything else, our skin is deferent and how one takes care of their skin is one of the most common differences as to why some get diaper rash with ease and other seemingly never are effected. Great diaper hygienics is a common need for everyone who wear diapers. At some point everyone will miss judge timing and diaper rash will display its harsh self. BUT, as one ages, your skin changes as well!

Never say never!

Last edited:
I haven't had a rash since i started using Calmoseptine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Edgewater
I recently get a heat rash after being diapered all night. Was pretty severe for a few days. Not sure as to what caused it since I am used to being wrapped overnight.

I got a good irritation down there one time only. It was the first time I wore adult diapers all day. I used cheap
Depends back then. Thought I might have to give up wearing diapers. But, I tried some vaseline and my bottom was feeling fine and back in a diaper the very next day.

I’m now in diapers 24/7 and to save on costs and disposal, I always try to maximize my diapers capacity as much as possible. So far, I have not had a single other case of diaper rash in over 12 years.

bobbilly said:
And I'm 24/7. I have good nappy hygiene, I change every 4 hours on average. I only use Medical nappies. I have never had nappy rash in all my years wearing. Are some people more prone to it then others?
Well, now you've jinxed yourself! 🤪

Edgewater said:
Like near everything else, our skin is deferent and how one takes care of their skin is one of the most common differences as to why some get diaper rash with ease and other seemingly never are effected. Great diaper hygienics is a common need for everyone who wear diapers. At some point everyone will miss judge timing and diaper rash will display its harsh self. BUT, as one ages, your skin changes as well!

Never say never!
I'm pretty good at taking care of my skin. Sleeping in a dirty diaper can be bad for the skin. That's why I use zinc-oxide ointment. I did have a rash that wouldn't stop. Painful. It was weather (hot & humid) that made it worse. It turned out I had a yeast infection. Right around my privates. I finally went to my doctor. He saw it and said it was a yeast infection. He gave me Nystatin & Triamcinolone Acetonide. The rash went away in almost a week. Don't forget to air out your skin. Daily. I do that everyday. Even hygienic changing can start a rash. If it doesn't go away, go see your doctor. Especially when they know you're incontinent.

Last edited:
  • Love
A good coating of Sudocrem and I never have a problem.

Back