Not open for further replies.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Time to stop acting like human beings can be happy and healthy holed up in their homes.

Time to stop acting like every person is a vector for a disease that will kill you if they get six inches too close.

Time to stop allowing freedoms to some of our citizens, and denying them to others.

Time to stop destroying people's lives.

I don't know how my father can stand to watch the news. Local news, CBS Sunday Morning News, when every other word out of their mouths is Coronavirus, Covid-19, or social distancing. It's enough to nearly put me over the edge.

Step over a county line, a state line, and you can find yourself in a whole other world where the citizens enjoy fewer restrictions. I live where masks are mandatory inside businesses. So I cross state lines to shop where they aren't.

In that same place, their YMCA will open on Tuesday. Those members get to enjoy what I've been missing since March: swimming. Me, they're not letting in guests or new members, and my YMCA's doors are still staying shut.

The mixed messages. Local authorities don't really care anymore if the rules are followed or not. The governor says obey my rules, or fear my wrath.

We've allowed fear to overstep common sense. A writer in this morning's Dear Abby was shocked when a woman in a store approached them to discuss the best cuts of chicken. People, get over yourselves.

Meanwhile, I have a birthday party to attend tomorrow. (Gasp!) I'm going to eat cake my little cousin blows out candles on. (Shock!) I'm not going to let fear stop me from enjoying the important moments in life, and I'm pretty sure I'll walk away disease-free.

And if I don't, well, that's the risk you can take in life. Stepping outside is a risk. Life is a risk. You could drop over dead from a brain aneurysm at any moment and never see it coming.

A life lived in fear is not a life worth living.

• Wow
Reactions: Jim100, Sidewinder, LittlePrince and 6 others
Just to warn you, you will probably get a ton of hate for this post.

Reactions: DiaperedDiscreetly and Lyokodl
I think its important to understand that the situation varies greatly by geography. Where I live, things never really got that bad and after a few months of moderate lockdown we are now starting to open things up again. Elsewhere they are still in full lockdown with hospitals being swamped. Entirely reasonable to be jealous and frustrated, but its not unreasonable for different locals to be under different degrees of lockdown based on situation.

We're also talking about a few months here. I think that was my biggest takeaway from this whole thing. Not specifically attacking OP, because this attitude is very common. I am legitimately floored by how many people really struggled to handle a few months of having to stay home. I get that I lean on the introverted side of things, but damn, some folks are just straight up lost their minds because they can't go to the beach. I'm not talking financial stress which I absolutely understand, I'm talking people who can work from home, are basically making the same income and have the same job security they did prior, and still just can't handle it.

Someone I work with fell into this camp. His ability to make rational arguments just dissolved and he started spouting Alex Jones level nonsense. We're not talking about me disagreeing with his opinion, lots of people I've had debates with and while I disagree I at least could see their point. We're talking just straight up detachment from reality. Then you look at the great toilet paper farce and people blaming cell phone towers and spinning up insane chem-trails level conspiracy theories, and it makes a good argument that some people are just really not engineered to handle this kind of situation rationally.

Next few years should be interesting as this is used as a case study in I can't even imagine how many studies into basic human physiology.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: tiny
I don't see any reason to hate. I see a lot of truth here. We haven't had a worldwide pandemic in exactly 100 years when the so-called "Spanish Flu" was killing off a huge chunk of the world's then-2-billion population (50 million...or roughly 2.5% of the world)...and with no safeguards in place. So it was only natural for the world to go a bit overkill this time around, ride it out, see what came out in the wash...live and learn.

What we are learning so far is that the paranoid TV news and commercials are annoying beyond repair; we are learning how selfish, greedy and unreasonable many people can be and thus cannot be trusted for self-control; we learn how power-abusing, tyrannical, fascist and unreasonable some US governors are; we learn how to make do with less or how to be clever; we learn just how much we rely on things we took so much for granted...and what it's like when they're gone.

The fact is, we'll never be the same. We were never the same after Vietnam, after the Iranian Hostage Crisis, after 9-11. A new normal always came into play and we're gonna be forced into yet another new one...hopefully one without as bad an impact as we all obviously dread. All we can do is hope...in the end, what else can we do?

Last edited:
Reactions: Reward, Jim100, dogboy and 1 other person
however one point you are missing is that Covid 19 is actively mutating with the population and there are now 3 variants, the 3rd which to me is the one that has a 10% fatality rate and targets children from birth onwards, Talk about a biblical attack (moses and Egypts first born)

Reactions: dogboy and sbmccue
BoundCoder said:
I think its important to understand that the situation varies greatly by geography. Where I live, things never really got that bad and after a few months of moderate lockdown we are now starting to open things up again. Elsewhere they are still in full lockdown with hospitals being swamped. Entirely reasonable to be jealous and frustrated, but its not unreasonable for different locals to be under different degrees of lockdown based on situation.

We're also talking about a few months here. I think that was my biggest takeaway from this whole thing. Not specifically attacking OP, because this attitude is very common. I am legitimately floored by how many people really struggled to handle a few months of having to stay home. I get that I lean on the introverted side of things, but damn, some folks are just straight up lost their minds because they can't go to the beach. I'm not talking financial stress which I absolutely understand, I'm talking people who can work from home, are basically making the same income and have the same job security they did prior, and still just can't handle it.

Someone I work with fell into this camp. His ability to make rational arguments just dissolved and he started spouting Alex Jones level nonsense. We're not talking about me disagreeing with his opinion, lots of people I've had debates with and while I disagree I at least could see their point. We're talking just straight up detachment from reality. Then you look at the great toilet paper farce and people blaming cell phone towers and spinning up insane chem-trails level conspiracy theories, and it makes a good argument that some people are just really not engineered to handle this kind of situation rationally.

Next few years should be interesting as this is used as a case study in I can't even imagine how many studies into basic human physiology.
I don't think just because someone is an introvert necessarily means they're OK with being in lockdown. I'm introverted, genuinely happier in the company of animals than people... but that doesn't mean I like sitting around in front of the TV all day. In fact, I hate it. Going swimming, to the library, movies etc. are all public things that one can enjoy by themselves...

Reactions: Jim100 and BobbiSueEllen
Oops, forgot a segment of media to throw in: talk shows, with these so-called "doctors" such as Dr. Drew, Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil, declaring their programs as "COVID Headquarters", preying on us with their wordsmithing and hype...only for ratings and ego. How and why do people tolerate those self-serving, narcissistic jerks?

Reactions: Jim100 and Joediaper
BobbiSueEllen said:
I don't see any reason to hate. I see a lot of truth here. We haven't had a worldwide pandemic in exactly 100 years when the so-called "Spanish Flu" was killing off a huge chunk of the world's then-2-billion population...and with no safeguards in place. So it was only natural for the world to go a bit overkill this time around, ride it out, see what came out in the wash...live and learn.

What we are learning so far is that the paranoid TV news and commercials are annoying beyond repair; we are learning how selfish, greedy and unreasonable many people can be and thus cannot be trusted for self-control; we learn how power-abusing, tyrannical, fascist and unreasonable some US governors are; we learn how to make do with less or how to be clever; we learn just how much we rely on things we took so much for granted...and what it's like when they're gone.

The fact is, we'll never be the same. We were never the same after Vietnam, after the Iranian Hostage Crisis, after 9-11. A new normal always came into play and we're gonna be forced into yet another new one...hopefully one without as bad an impact as we all obviously dread. All we can do is hope...in the end, what else can we do?
Like a lot of people here, I was a kid during 9-11. Like most of us, what I experienced was primarily through the media. Changes in daily life were mostly limited to there being more patriotic bumper stickers and t-shirts. Airports were doing some funny things, which didn't affect me any.

This time around, even the innocence of children can't spare them; they can't escape the effects. Will the masks ever go away? The plexiglass barriers, the lines on the floor telling us where to stand? The government does nothing to reassure us, only make me feel cheated based on my ZIP code. Meanwhile, it up and decides to force so many of its people to lose their livelihoods, with a plan that consists mainly of "Here's a check, get in line at the food bank!"

Should I be shamed for missing the important things in my life and wanting them back? For worrying that they're not going to happen? Are we going to shame human nature?

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I'm one of the lucky ones. We had all that here in Idaho but now we're in Phase 2 of four two-week recovery phases. We're #42 on the US list as far as severity goes. Despite the tripe of unrestrained, unthinking people, we're lucking out. As far as the west coast states...their governors (and a certain LA mayor) will all more than likely lose their re-election bids this November because their 10th Amendment privileges truly brought out their absolute worst. What a fiasco over there.

Reactions: Jim100, Joediaper and onecho
This rules are not made to make you feel bad, or to
discriminate anyone.

This all exists to save Human Life's.
343.116 Dead people worldwide as i write this words.

This is not a Joke.
I can understand that you feel bad, that this is a real hassle, and it is.
But understand, by staying at home, you not just protect yourself
and everyone you love.
You also protect everyone else.

Example:

The Virus some times does not much harm to people, so you
could get it and don't even know it.
But the Old man you met at the park get it from you and he will
die slowly and painful.
You could say, this old man died because of you.
You would technically be his murderer.

Please stay at home and play by the rules.
If not for you then for the people you care for.

Times will get better and the freedom you know and love
will return. Give a little trust.

Last edited:
GermanDL said:
discriminate anyone.

This is not a Joke.
and everyone you love.

Example:

die slowly and painful.

GermanDL said:
discriminate anyone.

This is not a Joke.
and everyone you love.

Example:

die slowly and painful.

Let's also stop portraying people with the infection as murderers. I doubt anybody actually wants to infect another person and hope they die.

It's all a game of chance. Sure, we can lower our chances but not eliminate them. Anybody who goes out to that park is taking their chances and doing it at their own risk.

Reactions: Jim100 and BobbiSueEllen
And what happened to the common-sense precautions of wash your hands and sneeze into your shoulder? I feel that a lot of cases could be prevented with simple tactics like these. Is it some kind of testament to the intelligence of the general population that they can't be trusted to do it, so we have to lock down instead?

Reactions: Jim100, Lyokodl and BobbiSueEllen
To call someone who's not meeting another's particular personal standards of hygiene or protocol amid this pandemic a 'murderer', even if merely in opinion, is reckless and wholly immature. The CDC and other relevant agencies worldwide have established not only standards but also made suggestions (optional protocols) on what to do. Any standards greater than that are the choice of any given person, a standard by which they have absolutely zero right to judge others.

And anyone who uses such language clearly has not had murder touch their lives. It is ugly. So think twice before doing it, because some of us know better...closer than we wanted to. </rant>

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim100
KimbaFoxNatsume said:
Let's also stop portraying people with the infection as murderers. I doubt anybody actually wants to infect another person and hope they die.

It's all a game of chance. Sure, we can lower our chances but not eliminate them. Anybody who goes out to that park is taking their chances and doing it at their own risk.
This is because the Lock down exists!
To lower the chances of you/me killing someone by accident.
Why is it so hard for some to understand this.

sorry this is not an insult but,
it seems like you don't understand what a Virus is...
Please get some information about it.

BobbiSueEllen said:
To call someone who's not meeting another's particular personal standards of hygiene or protocol amid this pandemic a 'murderer', even if merely in opinion, is reckless and wholly immature. The CDC and other relevant agencies worldwide have established not only standards but also made suggestions (optional protocols) on what to do. Any standards greater than that are the choice of any given person, a standard by which they have absolutely zero right to judge others.

And anyone who uses such language clearly has not had murder touch their lives. It is ugly. So think twice before doing it, because some of us know better...closer than we wanted to. </rant>
It seems like its necessary to choose this words.
Well yes someone infecting others with a lethal disease,
is not a first grade murderer.

But its a fact if you infect someone, and he dies on the sickness,
And you know you could have prevent it, if there are established
rules that you broke with accepting this
it is your fault. Call it homicide, or indirect killing if it makes you swallow it
easier, but its just that.

oh and btw, i witnessed people dying when i was in Afghanistan.
Believe me i know how murder looks like.
When i chose to call infecting others this, i am totally aware of how mean it is.
But if this is necessary to get people following the rules that are established
to save life's, well yes then i will do that.

Last edited:
But at the end, it is your decision.
If you can live with the possibility,
that you might be indirectly responsible
for the death of someone.

If you might be infected and break the rules for no
good reason its the same thing as driving a car when drunk or on drugs.
In both cases you know you could kill someone by accident.
You willingly accept the risk.
Its your fault if something happens.

I can't stop you.
I just hope enough people still have what we in
Bavaria call "Gesunder Menschenverstand"

I don't want to have a fight here.

Last edited:
I don't think there can be any argument that our response to this epidemic has caused a tremendous amount of collateral damage. It's just a fact. We're seeing multi-trillion-dollar emergency legislation rushed through to offset some of that, and I don't think many people believe it will help. It's a temporary band-aid at best. People are losing their livelihoods, their homes, probably some their relationships,... their minds... It's exceedingly lame. I'm not saying I disagree with the measures we're taking to combat the virus, rather simply that one should be forgiven for being skeptical and wondering whether victory might be harder than defeat. It's a possibility. Time will tell, as it always does.

Reactions: GermanDL and BobbiSueEllen
Dear friends,
Please just stop that rant. We're living in difficult times and no one has the ultimate answer to everything. At any rate protect yourselves and any people you meet.
Take any precautions deemed necessary in your state/ area you're living in and don't question them too much even if they differ significantly. BoundCoder already said the situation varies greatly by geography- the same goes for the precautions depending on where you live. Also, please don't call people murderers who infect others without knowing that they're vectors and keep in mind that many people haven't necessarily died due to Covid but with Covid (and pre-existing illnesses) which still makes a difference even though I would by no means want to play down things i.e. the severity of the disease. But again please do whatever it takes to avoid such situations/ possibilities to get infected and/ or to infect others.
Stay safe & stay well!

Reactions: GermanDL and BobbiSueEllen
I'm aware of what a virus is and how diseases spread. In fact, in some ways you might consider me a germaphobe. Even before all this, I was a frequent hand-washer who handled public doorknobs with my shirt. When I do get sick, I tend to be miserable, so I try my best to avoid that.

With common sense, which is what I think we need a big dose of.

Reactions: Lyokodl, GermanDL and BobbiSueEllen
Unfortunately, more often than not, "common sense" ends up being an oxymoron.

Reactions: Joediaper, Lyokodl and GermanDL
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back