It’s a diaper! It’s a pull-up! Anyone ever seen these?

BigAl2 said:
looks like 150 ml is the absorbency rate.
I've seen that in Japan, the unit is the number of 150ml (approx 5 Oz) wettings. It is written 6 wettings of 150 ml. Understand, you can really wet 6 times 150 ml without leaks, it's not the total absorbency. If I look at our ISO rating, a good medical diaper announce around 3 liters but at usage, it will leak at 1 liter. So 6* 150ml is 900ml, just under 1 liter so equivalent to a 3 liters medical one.

Reactions: Diprs2, TigerDL, BigAl2 and 1 other person
I wonder if the Ag in the second picture means they're using silver as an antibacterial agent. An interesting product for sure.

Reactions: Diprs2 and BigAl2
TabaCrate said:
I've seen that in Japan, the unit is the number of 150ml (approx 5 Oz) wettings. It is written 6 wettings of 150 ml. Understand, you can really wet 6 times 150 ml without leaks, it's not the total absorbency. If I look at our ISO rating, a good medical diaper announce around 3 liters but at usage, it will leak at 1 liter. So 6* 150ml is 900ml, just under 1 liter so equivalent to a 3 liters medical one.
So, 30% of rated. And a wetting is 5 ounces. Less than half a soda can. Multiply by 6. Good for seepers only...quite piddly, so to speak, for IC and AB folk. I'm glad to be a diapergirl: full protection!

As far as 'rated' capacity: always halve what they tell you. 5 litres? That's the stated capacity of a Ford Mustang V8 engine! And engines are like diapers: 5 litres, for example, is only if all pistons are bottomed down, which is unreasonable. Some are up, some are down, some are halfway. So, in reality, a 5.0 Mustang engine is really a 2.5 litre.

Same goes with our diapers: half-capacity. Just because ISO or CE says a diaper will hold X amount doesn't mean it'll hold that amount when taped to our bottoms. Food4Thot 🤭

Reactions: Diprs2, BigAl2 and PadPhilosopher
FrodoSkywalker said:
Depend used to have something like them. But they were awful, haha.
yes I once tried them they were pure rubbish

• Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and BobbiSueEllen
BigAl2 said:
looks like 150 ml is the absorbency rate.
Most Japanese tape style diapers are designed to be used with insert pads. They change the inserts rather than the whole diaper. The diaper is just there to hold the pad in place, catch any overflow, and in case of poop.

Last edited:
Reactions: staple0987, Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
Back