It might be time to change the ABDL Name ?

Personally I don’t use the term adult baby. I only do too avoid confusion (even on here for some reason). I much prefer the term little because for me it is non sexual

Reactions: MarshallfromPawPatrol and dinomonsterrawr
Nowididit said:
There is more than one example for most recent incidents of ppl muddying the LGBTQ community.
Thanks to a few radical assholes the community as a whole is now being referred to as "groomers" by many in society. Years of hard work and protesting for equality have been flushed down the toilet. The LGBT community has been set back many years and has gotten a stain that they need to get rid of again.
Nonsense. The people calling LGBT people "groomers" are crackpots on the margins of society. It doesn't matter what they think.

• Thinking
Reactions: ozzy4605
I still like Diaper appreciator or diaper enthusiast for the dl side of things. eventually dl does become far more accurate tho

Reactions: Prillprillprill
dogboy said:
No matter what you call AB/DL, it will become a negative term to the majority of people simply because they don't understand why continent people would want to wear and use diapers.
You and I both know a easy explanation for why they don't understand. adulting is poo that's why. All of these adults that actually like going Monday through Friday are crazzzzzy. I say boycott going to work when it snows and build a snowman. If that doesn't work there is allways hot coco next to a nice fire outside unless you like freezing like a ice cube in low temperatures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dogboy
buridan said:
Nonsense. The people calling LGBT people "groomers" are crackpots on the margins of society. It doesn't matter what they think.

In a grand scheme perhaps so but they are individually dangerous and the way that they are amplified to influence the public discourse is also extremely harmful.

I live in a country where the government is openly discussing the dissolution of human rights. They have been inching towards this end goal for some years and one of the strategies for getting there is to find marginalised groups and reify the fringe voices against them.

These cranks are ammunition, fairly insignificant on their own - we'll overlook all the violence they perpetrate and perpetuate for now - but extremely damaging when in the employ of a malign will.

Changing the name won't change anything. People will just realize it's the same thing and they'll still think we're a bunch of weirdos. Which is fine because I've never sought approval from them in the first place. I don't care if anyone approves or not, I'll just do it anyway. If someone talks smack I tell them what orifice they can cram their opinion into. I don't think society will ever accept us anyways. Individual people will, but not society as a whole. Not being negative, that's just the way it is. Rebranding won't really accomplish anything

Last edited:
This sounds like a solution looking for a problem where there is none.

Reactions: buridan and PinkyJujubean
It's good to remember that the people who waste their time to criticize us are nothing but muggles. They are envious of our special magic, to regress back to a time of innocence and peaceful habitation.

Reactions: Deleted member 74829 and babadada
If anything I feel like the Asian Basketball Development League would appreciate it if we changed up the acronym >.>

• Haha
Reactions: Prillprillprill and ozzy4605
I think a change is already happening and I think it’s a good thing. ABDL is a bit unclear and doesn’t represent the diversity of the community. I‘m not sure what the best alternative would be, but I usually use the term littles for my little ones.

Reactions: MarshallfromPawPatrol
AB/DL or ABDL is just fine. I don't see that it has been dragged into the mud at all.

A name referring specifically to littles as a replacement for ABDL might not be a good idea. Sone of people like diapers without any other baby-like things like the clothing or toys, and some might like to partake in other baby things, but not in a "littlespace" type of way, and just enjoy the roleplay for sexual or non-sexual means. I do like the idea of coming up with an umbrella term that fits everyone, but not replacing it. Having a convenient way to refer to a more specific part of that wide variety of people is also useful for when we're talking about things that do not apply to all members of this umbrella.

Edit for clarity: Yeah so having a name specifically for your own community is good, but not as a replacement for the whole name. And idk who it is that you's say "drag it in the mud" but tons of people who are abdl but not littles are respectable people I'd think, so "replacing" the abdl label is still not the best move imo

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: ozzy4605
Mikochi said:
We have had countless similar discussions on r/nevergrewup honestly, although with different terms ofc. I never liked the term ABDL to be honest, plus it has too much negativity associated with it. There was similar drama with the term transage too, although that word is used by much fewer people and for a different thing obviously.
  • Paraphilic infantilism and autonepiophilia imply sexuality, which is not the case for everyone.
  • Personally I hate the term AB, because I hate being called adult and I'm also not a baby ^-^
  • DL doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it, but I don't identify as a DL per se so I'm not a good judge for that.
  • I like the terms agere and age-regression because they're accurate and based in actual psychology. But the agere community tends to be very gatekeeping and especially wary of DLs and even the slightest hint of healthy sexuality.
  • I can see myself as a padded age-regressor or a Little. I definitely like the term little, but I can see how it is confusing and mean different things for different people.
Holy crap! I can't take the "Little-Quiz" because there's some kind of mental block and you might have helped me express this.

I am for sure agere. I don't always need diapees for my sexy stuffs. I'm also not a baby for sure. I'm middleJacob! I guess I'll settle for being a little but it does't bother me as much.

How the heck is the agere community not conscious and on-board of littles?

• Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 74829
never liked the DL part, always thought it sounded like an insult :ROFLMAO:

Where I fit in is inbetween AB, agere, and the NGU crowd (never grow up). I just like to be called a little.

Reactions: ShyBoo81 and Prillprillprill
Why should we change anything we are AB/DL, it's not going to change who we are if is is changed.

Something with the word little in it or little space would be good.

Reactions: MarshallfromPawPatrol, LiddieBear and ShyBoo81
dogboy said:
It's good to remember that the people who waste their time to criticize us are nothing but muggles. They are envious of our special magic, to regress back to a time of innocence and peaceful habitation.
Habitation that's a funny word of explaing it. =/

We overestimate how many people know what "AB/DL" is. Most people just remember us as "those weirdos who wear diapers and act as babies". Changing a label isn't going to remove any stigma.

Reactions: munkey and ShyBoo81
I like "little" myself but "AB+DL" is the broader and all inclusive spectrum.

Reactions: munkey and ShyBoo81
Back