Is the word Babyfur and ABDL the same.

LittleBud

Teeny Tiny
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
Alright, so I don't understand. I see people using the word "Babyfur" and "ABDL" interchangeably, and it really irritates me. Babyfur means having a baby/toddler character/fursona, ABDL is where you have a diaper fetish. I don't understand why everyone assumes that all Babyfurs are sexually inclined to diapers, just because that is a similarity to baby characters. Personally, I use age regression in real life as a way to cope, and so to portray that part of me I made a secondary fursona that is the age I regress to. In NO WAY is my age regression sexual, and in NO WAY do I sexualize my secondary fursona. But that's the thing, furries will see the word 'babyfur' and just instantly assume that means you are into diapers sexually.

I truly don't understand because furries have been harassed over the years and their response is always "Well, some of the fandom is cringe, but not all of it!" even when a majority of the furry fandom is iffy, but that doesn't stop furries and they are always talking about how they don't like hating people for no reason, etc etc. But then the second the word babyfur is mentioned they say all babyfurs are pedophiles, into pissing, and shitting, and all of this stuff that in NO WAY is directly relating to the word. That's like me saying "All furries are zoo's", but that's just not true.

For a community, that talks about acceptance and all, they sure don't bother to accept anything that looks kind of weird to them. I've been talking on this site for a while, and all of you are so nice and have helped me through tough things that I couldn't talk to people outside of here about, and it makes me so angry when people start shitting on all babyfurs just for existing, and make up all of these "wrongdoings" they have done just for existing as a babyfur.

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleBabyJake and fleckothefennec
TheBestBud said:
Alright, so I don't understand. I see people using the word "Babyfur" and "ABDL" interchangeably, and it really irritates me. Babyfur means having a baby/toddler character/fursona, ABDL is where you have a diaper fetish. I don't understand why everyone assumes that all Babyfurs are sexually inclined to diapers, just because that is a similarity to baby characters. Personally, I use age regression in real life as a way to cope, and so to portray that part of me I made a secondary fursona that is the age I regress to. In NO WAY is my age regression sexual, and in NO WAY do I sexualize my secondary fursona. But that's the thing, furries will see the word 'babyfur' and just instantly assume that means you are into diapers sexually.

I truly don't understand because furries have been harassed over the years and their response is always "Well, some of the fandom is cringe, but not all of it!" even when a majority of the furry fandom is iffy, but that doesn't stop furries and they are always talking about how they don't like hating people for no reason, etc etc. But then the second the word babyfur is mentioned they say all babyfurs are pedophiles, into pissing, and shitting, and all of this stuff that in NO WAY is directly relating to the word. That's like me saying "All furries are zoo's", but that's just not true.

For a community, that talks about acceptance and all, they sure don't bother to accept anything that looks kind of weird to them. I've been talking on this site for a while, and all of you are so nice and have helped me through tough things that I couldn't talk to people outside of here about, and it makes me so angry when people start shitting on all babyfurs just for existing, and make up all of these "wrongdoings" they have done just for existing as a babyfur.
As a fellow furry I hear you on that.

To answer the question about interchanging babyfur and abdl as the ab stands for adult baby and most have a little side I feel that you could use both terms. The dl is separate.

You are so right about furries having distaste for diaper furs, they are not well liked in the Fandom as they are viewed in a distorted light. As with most things it only takes one bad view to paint an entire picture wrong. I don't know how many times I have heard about some furry convention where used diapers were left in the hallway of a hotel. Who would even do that🙄

This community has been way more positive and friendly in my experience than the furry one. There can be a ton of drama in the furry Fandom which is why I eventually deactivated my furry Facebook account.

Myself I am a dl who also happens to be a furry.

Reactions: Cottontail, LittleBabyJake, GatoChihuahua and 1 other person
Furry comunity can be hypocritical sometimes, claiming we don't are accepted by other subcultures but then trating badly the harmless minorities inside the fandom.

But ABDL doesn't mean diaper fetish only, AB is for the people who like to be treated as a baby and like baby stuff like pacifiers cribs, DL is more like a diaper fetish, i think the equivalent to the furry is Babyfur and Diaperfur, if people mix concepts is because they aren't acquainted with the concept and a lot of people are both AB and DL, at least is how i understand it

Last edited:
Reactions: GatoChihuahua, perlFerret and fleckothefennec
JohnSnow said:
Furry comunity can be hypocritical sometimes, claiming we don't are accepted by other subcultures but then trating badly the harmless minorities inside the fandom.

But ABDL doesn't mean diaper fetish only, AB is for the people who like to be treated as a baby and like baby stuff like pacifiers cribs, DL is more like a diaper fetish, i think the equivalent to the furry is Babyfur and Diaperfur, if people mix concepts is because they aren't acquainted with the concept and a lot of people are both AB and DL, at least is how i understand it
It doesn’t surprise me. Every marginalized community tries to police themselves to increase the acceptability of the membership nearest to “normal” to the exclusion of their fringe the world isn’t quite ready for yet. ABDL does it, too. We don’t (shouldn’t) validate practices that violate certain principles, like harming ourselves or others, severe breaches of public etiquette, or rank violations of consent. Even though some of us feel really strongly that life’s too short not to walk down the street in naught but a shit filled diaper showing off for everyone, anyone with half a brain should see that it harms everyone involved.

In short, something-something-something social contract something-something-something tolerance something-something-something inflicting your unfiltered self on everyone is rarely a good idea.

Reactions: Cottontail, LittleBabyJake, GatoChihuahua and 2 others
TheBestBud said:

Gotta disagree on your definition of ABDL
both babyfurs and ABDL's can be sexual or non sexual
As an ABDL and babyfur both labels are non sexual
As an ABDL its a headspace and coping mechanism, not involving my fursona
As a babyfur its a headspace and coping mechanism invlolving my fursona
Either title has its bad raps in any community from the minority
Cant really put any title under the same umberella, you'll always have troublemakers, attention seekers, and those that stereotype/judge a book by its cover based on misinformation
you enjoy being you ^.^

Reactions: LittleBabyJake, GatoChihuahua and LittleBud
SmolPupprrito said:
Gotta disagree on your definition of ABDL
both babyfurs and ABDL's can be sexual or non sexual
As an ABDL and babyfur both labels are non sexual
As an ABDL its a headspace and coping mechanism, not involving my fursona
As a babyfur its a headspace and coping mechanism invlolving my fursona
Either title has its bad raps in any community from the minority
Cant really put any title under the same umberella, you'll always have troublemakers, attention seekers, and those that stereotype/judge a book by its cover based on misinformation
you enjoy being you ^.^
I understand! I think the main reason why "DL" is considered a kink is because that's the most common definition shown. I didn't know that DL could also be nonsexual, but that's interesting news! I thought the non-sexual side of wearing diapers was the Adult Baby part.

Also Edit, I worded my post wrong, I meant Babyfurs are always considered as Diaper Lovers, despite that not being the case. Some of the people under me corrected me on that though!

Last edited:
Reactions: GatoChihuahua, SmolPupprrito and Rakvirsza
TheBestBud said:

Ab and dl are not together. AB/DL is like a spectrum. I tend to fall on the dl side, with a little bit of the ab

Think of it like this:

AB =======|======= DL
^
me

The closer to the middle you are, the more you like both. The further you are on one side, the more you prefer the one you're closest to.

This is the best i can do to help:)

Reactions: LittleBabyJake and LittleBud
SwedishAMAZING said:
Ab and dl are not together. AB/DL is like a spectrum. I tend to fall on the dl side, with a little bit of the ab

Think of it like this:

AB =======|======= DL
^
me

The closer to the middle you are, the more you like both. The further you are on one side, the more you prefer the one you're closest to.

This is the best i can do to help:)
Thank you! However people above already cleared that up for me, but I appreciate you trying to help! :)

Reactions: SwedishAMAZING
I don't see people use Babyfur and AB/DL interchangably but I do get what you are trying to say.

TheBestBud said:

That does sound like a bad experience with some furries. Not everybody is the same and have the same opinions ofcourse. To be honest. I've talked to some furries on Comic Con and they have been the most forward thinking, down to earth kind of people i've ever talked too on events like Comic Cons. That said, the P-card is also played on AB/DL. It comes from people who know nothing on the subject at the end of the day. It comes from a place of ignorance. Let's just leave it at that and ignore that kind of bad behavior, how hard that at times might be.

TheBestBud said:

To be fair, just as with AB/DL, furries are regarded as a "weird" thing that people generally don't really understand. Ask a "normie" what a fursona is on an event like Comic Con for example. I bet the majority doesn't even know and they've been around and seen furries for years.

Back