Is it really a kink?

SwedishAMAZING

Please forgive me, I'm swedish
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
I have heard alot of users call abdl and diaper fetishism a kink. I googled it, and learned it was some sort af a sexual thing. Can we really be calling it a kink when it developed before I even knew what sex was? Of course it became a part of my sexuality later on, but i was just wondering if someone can tell me how a kink would develope at a young age.

Reactions: TeddyBearCowboy, Angelapinks and DandyAndy
Interesting question. I too had a definite interest in diapers long before I knew what "sexual" was.

But .... you used the word sexuality so let's throw this one in there: most of my gay friends knew they were gay before they were of an age to be sexually interested in anybody. So is it possible that we know what we like, even before we know that we like it in *that* way?

Reactions: Prillprillprill, GatoChihuahua, tiny and 7 others
It really depends a lot on the individual. There are a lot of people here who like diapers for a lot of different reasons. It's a kink for some people here, and isn't for others. Sometimes the kink side is the default assumption to a lot of people, but it's not always accurate.

Reactions: CertifiedCrinklerTodd, CrazySmoker, siysiy and 2 others
SwedishAMAZING said:
I have heard alot of users call abdl and diaper fetishism a kink. I googled it, and learned it was some sort af a sexual thing. Can we really be calling it a kink when it developed before I even knew what sex was? Of course it became a part of my sexuality later on, but i was just wondering if someone can tell me how a kink would develope at a young age.
There’s not a one size answer to that. Some people come to be ABDL because of stress or trauma, some because of incontinence issues, and other just because diapers are warm, comfy portable potties.

And each and every one of those dimensions of a complex diagram intersects with sexual and non-sexual practices, too.

This community has a complex relationship with labels, so don’t be surprised if you find a lot of disagreement when someone tries to impose a definition on other with unerring certainty. You could easily treat each member here as a distinct pocket of ABDL. There are enough variables that each person is unique in how they relate to ABDL.

Reactions: Babydoc, DinoBunny, Lightstreak2553 and 6 others
Good question. I knew I had an urge to put on my siblings nappies when I was about 10- nothing sexual just was drawn to wearing them.

Reactions: Babyrob2310, GatoChihuahua, Traveller and 3 others
Interesting question! I didn't know what sex was . I was attracted to nappies. Is that perhaps how a 'kink' develops sometimes? As our bodies mature and hormones do hormone stuff we center on our first object of desire? Then the imagination, the brain does the rest....

Reactions: Babyrob2310, GatoChihuahua, BeTrue and 2 others
Having the attraction to diapers lead to sexuality is really just the paraphilia side of everything. People can get off to anything if it excites them enough. There are stories of girls having spontaneous orgasms from meeting their favorite boy band member. We as humans are just a little more wired for certain things that lead more naturally to sex on average, while we as ABDL attached to arousal a little differently. Instead of seeing the sexiness of a thong, we just went the polar opposite direction.

blaincorrous said:
Having the attraction to diapers lead to sexuality is really just the paraphilia side of everything. People can get off to anything if it excites them enough. There are stories of girls having spontaneous orgasms from meeting their favorite boy band member. We as humans are just a little more wired for certain things that lead more naturally to sex on average, while we as ABDL attached to arousal a little differently. Instead of seeing the sexiness of a thong, we just went the polar opposite direction.
I remember reading an article, which a few years later I rediscovered (definitely a true occurance) it involved chaste Buddhist monks travelling on an tube train for the first time in their lives.. as both men and women touched the monks because of the crush of body's on the train , many of the monks experienced full orgasams ...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: tiny, Traveller, Prillprillprill and 1 other person
Kittyinpink said:
I remember reading an article, which a few years later I rediscovered (definitely a true occurance) it involved chaste Buddhist monks travelling on an tube train for the first time in their lives.. as both men and women touched the monks because of the crush of body's on the train , many of the monks experienced full orgasams ...
That’s incredible! Thank you for sharing that!

I might have to revise my theories a little bit to include more elements of denial and the forbidden.

Reactions: Traveller and Kittyinpink
Yes we can call it a kink, because it is a kink.
All kinks develope when we are young.

• Thinking
Reactions: TheWaddlingDad and Traveller
blaincorrous said:
There’s not a one size answer to that. Some people come to be ABDL because of stress or trauma, some because of incontinence issues, and other just because diapers are warm, comfy portable potties.

And each and every one of those dimensions of a complex diagram intersects with sexual and non-sexual practices, too.

This community has a complex relationship with labels, so don’t be surprised if you find a lot of disagreement when someone tries to impose a definition on other with unerring certainty. You could easily treat each member here as a distinct pocket of ABDL. There are enough variables that each person is unique in how they relate to ABDL.
I have always attributed my attraction to diapers and my littleside to childhood trauma. Some of my closest friends have told me that is probably what started it all, but i wasnt sure. Good to know that trauma can cause this

Reactions: Traveller
I just think that as i got older, my love for diapers was present when i started to develop my sexuality, and maybe that my little side interfered with that... i hope that makes sense

If it's a kink then by some sort of definition, there is some sort of sexual stimulation caused by the diaper and wearing it. Toddlers and young children actually do have a sex drive or at least, experience sexual stimulation at a young age. This is part of the theory of love mapping, where at a very young age the child finds some sort of sexual sensation from an object and I suppose, person.

Reactions: messydiaper
dogboy said:
If it's a kink then by some sort of definition, there is some sort of sexual stimulation caused by the diaper and wearing it. Toddlers and young children actually do have a sex drive or at least, experience sexual stimulation at a young age. This is part of the theory of love mapping, where at a very young age the child finds some sort of sexual sensation from an object and I suppose, person.
Interesting, i had no idea children had a sex drive... im kinda afraid to research more about that. I wouldn't want to break any laws... i don't like where this thread is going

SwedishAMAZING said:

It's not a fetish.
Kink is not necessarily sexual but still has that connotation.

To be honest I don't like how so many people call it a kink so matter of fact when really it's so much more than that.
It has a sexual side for most, and it's definitely an 18+ community, but that doesn't mean kink.

I always felt that that term didn't really match my experience. It's interesting to read others feelings on it

Reactions: Lightstreak2553
WetKat said:
Interesting question. I too had a definite interest in diapers long before I knew what "sexual" was.

But .... you used the word sexuality so let's throw this one in there: most of my gay friends knew they were gay before they were of an age to be sexually interested in anybody. So is it possible that we know what we like, even before we know that we like it in *that* way?
Yeh but being gay isn't considered a kink

Prillprillprill said:
Yeh but being gay isn't considered a kink
I wasn't suggesting it is!! What I was trying to say is that I was attracted to diapers before I was attracted to anything in a sexual way, and the experience of many of my friends is that they were far more interested in looking at a girl they thought was pretty than at a boy, long before they knew what "sexual attraction" was. Perhaps that explains what I meant a bit better?

Reactions: tiny and Prillprillprill
Back