Is anyone just A DL

bedwetterdavid said:
Yeah, I think there’s the what and the why.

We all share the wet in common, but the why is different for all of us. For some it’s feeling little or like a baby, for others it’s feeling like a sissy or feeling emasculated.

For me, diapers represent the humiliation and vulnerability I felt as a preteen bedwetter. When somebody knows I need diapers and they accept me anyway, even to the point of helping me, I feel incredible. The vulnerability turns into a feeling of intimate acceptance.
I know exactly what you mean. You’ve articulated it perfectly.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Even though I'm mainly a DL, I do have a few juvenile/childish tendencies.

Reactions: Neroforte, diaperdude, littledreamers333 and 1 other person
I am DL but like many AB printed diapers and plastic pants. I don't age regress, I remain a responsible adult with a Ph.D. and a diaper that is usually wet during the day and at night and messy in the morning. I know wetting and messing diapers is something babies do, so perhaps I am also AB, but who cares about labels. I am what I am, and accept my diapers as just one facet of my humanity. It sure would be nice for society to accept us.

Reactions: RachelOlivia, HugeBulge, KindaOlde and 1 other person
I'll join the DL only club too. I don't have much use for age regression really. It's just not something I'm interested in. I don't mind a baby style diaper print from time to time though.

Reactions: Subtlerustle, SofiaInPampers and PadPhilosopher
I considered myself 100% DL. Recently, my partner read, "So Your Husband is a DL." The Author makes the argument that DL's all have some component of AB in them and the no true DL's exist. My partner asked me a list of questions from the book and the result has me questioning my presumption that I was pure DL. At first, I considered the possibility that the author (Joyce Kinnebrew) and I had a different working definition of what an AB is, however, the research on understanding infantilism suggest she may be correct. The "ABDL triangle" proposes any interest in humiliation/loss of status/loss of control or desire for role change are AB qualities.

I never considered loss of control an AB quality (but more of a sub quality) and now I'm conflicted after believing I was pure DL for over 20 years.

This mostly started with me trying 24/7 and the introduction of some D/s play. The Author suggest, in the case of the book, the wife goes along with the 24/7 diaper idea as long as she gets more control. She proposes a safeword would end the whole thing and afterwards she would refuse to involve herself from that point forward if it is invoked. I like my partner being involved and being accepting of the 24/7 diaper idea (and frankly, I'd hate to lose it because I'm less stressed out, happier, less anxious, etc.). So, if asked if I would use my safeword if my partner wanted to spoonfeed me or bathe me at the risk of her never being involved again, I said no. I find this manipulative, but I'm finding it hard to disagree with the author that if I'm not willing to use my safeword, part of me is okay with it. So...maybe I am part AB?...I don't know. I also don't think it matters if at the end I'm happier.

Reactions: Subtlerustle, PadPhilosopher and Lyric
I'm DL got IC not ab at all

Reactions: Napincolove, artemisenterri, diaperdude and 1 other person
I used to believe I was 100% DL. I only enjoyed wearing cloth diapers and plastic pants, wetting, occasional pooping along with getting myself off routinely. This changed suddenly during one experience I had. I was enjoying a massage from a girl who I had been going to for a while who knew I was a DL and changed me before beginning her massage. She left for a moment to get some warm towels and my thumb found it's way into my mouth and started sucking my thumb for the first time since I was 15. I found it so relaxing that I didn't know when she entered the room so she saw me sucking my thumb and giggled. At first I felt ashamed of myself but she told me to continue if I wanted so I did. After that, I started sucking my thumb often, looked for more childish cloth diapers with various patterns and colors. Same with the plastic pants, ducky head pins. Next came a paci, and then a baby bottle. Lastly I found someone who could breastfeed me. I can only conclude the AB in me was there all the time, but it took decades to bring it out .

Reactions: DLBIG and PadPhilosopher
I would say for the most part I am a dl although I do have times where I wouldn’t mind being an adult baby and having a mommy around.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
DL here. I have tried but never could get into age play. It doesn't help that diapers are extremely sexual for me. Though as I have grown older I have started wear more just wear.

Reactions: Subtlerustle and PadPhilosopher
Here DL but anyhow think that some onesies can look cool and sexy. Living in Montreal since a year and a half more less, have not the pleasure of meet people alike to share something else plus this kink.

Reactions: Subtlerustle
Totally 100% DL, with 0% interest in the AB side...

Reactions: Neroforte
I'm too old now to regress back to my childhood. 100% DL and a little bit IC.

babydl said:
I'm too old now to regress back to my childhood. 100% DL and a little bit IC.
Yeah, i’d be happy regressing to my 30s!

Reactions: Chrissie
CLPP said:
Yeah, i’d be happy regressing to my 30s!
I'd give anything to go back to my high school years and fix the mistakes i made which led me to this point of my life...

• Sad
Reactions: Neroforte and bedwetterdavid
DL for the most part. Like the sissy side of things but never participated, and would like to have someone change my nappy occasionally or more often. My girlfriend knows about my DL side but I don’t trouble her with it as I know she’s not into it herself, and that’s ok with me. At least I don’t have to hide nappies or plastic pants at home.

Reactions: Brumas94
mostly.. more a 10 to 12 stuck in diapers :)

Reactions: bedwetterdavid
BengieG said:
mostly.. more a 10 to 12 stuck in diapers :)
Wow, yeah this kind of defines me. On a daily basis I don’t feel like I am “regressed“ even when I’m in diapers. But my fantasies typically revolve around a strong woman in authority, maybe a doctor or caregiver or a kind but firm aunt, who gives me no choice but to be in diapers just in case. I don’t have mommy fantasies, but usually I want that woman to be maybe 10 years older than me. I think it’s because if she’s the same age or younger, my adultness kicks in and I want to be viewed as sexually attractive to her.

I know 100% this goes back to when I was a kid. Even on sleepovers, mom would tell my friends moms that I wear diapers and to make sure I put one on before bed. I could never hide it from them. When I was 11 my mom decided to put me in adult diapers and I remember her making decisions around that. I felt like I didn’t have much choice in the matter and there was something a little humiliating and vulnerable about the whole situation. But she was accepting and was doing it just to make sure I was protected. I ended up trading the humiliation and discomfort of waking up in a wet bed for the humiliation and security of having to be put back in diapers at 11 years old. It definitely imprinted on me, and if I could go back, I would go back to that 11 or 12-year-old me. My one wish is that I was more open about my diapers with my siblings so that I wouldn’t have to feel like I needed to hide them so much. Would’ve been amazing to be able to just keep my diaper on a little bit on the weekend or put it on a little early before bed and crinkle around the house without stressing over who knew.

I do notice one of the things I seek now as an adult (I’m 42) is “permission” to wear diapers. May be more than permission, I want to be told that I should, or that I need to. I don’t want it to be my decision. I don’t want to choose them and worry about what my wife thinks or worry about what the doctor thinks. I want the doctor to tell me that I need to wear them, even if it’s precautionary.

I remember going in to the hospital for a sleep study when they were trying to evaluate why I was wetting the bed again, and the radiologist told me I should wear comfortable clothes and a diaper during the test. When I arrived, she actually had gone and retrieved one, and handed it to me to put on. Unfortunately, it was a tranquility pull up, but I informed her I brought one of my night diapers and asked her if I should put it on now. She said yes, so I retreated to the public restroom, put on my pajamas and diaper, and came in for the test. For me it was so amazing to be able to be openly diapered in front of a medical professional who I consider to be an authority figure, and not worried about what they think because it wasn’t my choice, it was her instruction. It’s the ultimate feeling of vulnerability and acceptance. I know everybody is different but it’s that combination that I’ve been chasing for 30 years.

Reactions: Subtlerustle, Lyric, artemisenterri and 1 other person
bedwetterdavid said:
Wow, yeah this kind of defines me. On a daily basis I don’t feel like I am “regressed“ even when I’m in diapers. But my fantasies typically revolve around a strong woman in authority, maybe a doctor or caregiver or a kind but firm aunt, who gives me no choice but to be in diapers just in case. I don’t have mommy fantasies, but usually I want that woman to be maybe 10 years older than me. I think it’s because if she’s the same age or younger, my adultness kicks in and I want to be viewed as sexually attractive to her.

I know 100% this goes back to when I was a kid. Even on sleepovers, mom would tell my friends moms that I wear diapers and to make sure I put one on before bed. I could never hide it from them. When I was 11 my mom decided to put me in adult diapers and I remember her making decisions around that. I felt like I didn’t have much choice in the matter and there was something a little humiliating and vulnerable about the whole situation. But she was accepting and was doing it just to make sure I was protected. I ended up trading the humiliation and discomfort of waking up in a wet bed for the humiliation and security of having to be put back in diapers at 11 years old. It definitely imprinted on me, and if I could go back, I would go back to that 11 or 12-year-old me. My one wish is that I was more open about my diapers with my siblings so that I wouldn’t have to feel like I needed to hide them so much. Would’ve been amazing to be able to just keep my diaper on a little bit on the weekend or put it on a little early before bed and crinkle around the house without stressing over who knew.

I do notice one of the things I seek now as an adult (I’m 42) is “permission” to wear diapers. May be more than permission, I want to be told that I should, or that I need to. I don’t want it to be my decision. I don’t want to choose them and worry about what my wife thinks or worry about what the doctor thinks. I want the doctor to tell me that I need to wear them, even if it’s precautionary.

I remember going in to the hospital for a sleep study when they were trying to evaluate why I was wetting the bed again, and the radiologist told me I should wear comfortable clothes and a diaper during the test. When I arrived, she actually had gone and retrieved one, and handed it to me to put on. Unfortunately, it was a tranquility pull up, but I informed her I brought one of my night diapers and asked her if I should put it on now. She said yes, so I retreated to the public restroom, put on my pajamas and diaper, and came in for the test. For me it was so amazing to be able to be openly diapered in front of a medical professional who I consider to be an authority figure, and not worried about what they think because it wasn’t my choice, it was her instruction. It’s the ultimate feeling of vulnerability and acceptance. I know everybody is different but it’s that combination that I’ve been chasing for 30 years.
I should see a doctor at some point, haven't been to one since the last follow-up I did after car wreck in 2018. But I want/need to find one that is ABDL-friendly and won't give me any trouble if I show up diapered, or ask about diapers, while not having any form of IC...

Reactions: bedwetterdavid and Neroforte
artemisenterri said:
I should see a doctor at some point, haven't been to one since the last follow-up I did after car wreck in 2018. But I want/need to find one that is ABDL-friendly and won't give me any trouble if I show up diapered, or ask about diapers, while not having any form of IC...
You don’t necessarily need ABDL friendly. I’ve explained to mine that I feel safer in a diaper. It’s like a security blanket, and I feel like it brings me emotional comfort. They have all been understanding. Doctors and Therapists have the view that unless you are harming yourself, you have the freedom to do what you want. They will only be concerned if you indicate that you are becoming dependent on them, so just tell them you aren’t (even if you are haha). No need to mention anything regarding enjoyment or sexuality.

bedwetterdavid said:
You don’t necessarily need ABDL friendly. I’ve explained to mine that I feel safer in a diaper. It’s like a security blanket, and I feel like it brings me emotional comfort. They have all been understanding. Doctors and Therapists have the view that unless you are harming yourself, you have the freedom to do what you want. They will only be concerned if you indicate that you are becoming dependent on them, so just tell them you aren’t (even if you are haha). No need to mention anything regarding enjoyment or sexuality.
What about my work environment (retail, often working 6-9 hours solo, unable to get away to take a restroom break while customers are in the store)? Would that be considered a valid reason to wear/use?

Back