• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Introduction and Getting Started

Dallasinc

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hello All,

As a means of getting started on the forums, I wanted to introduce myself. I’m just a guy from Texas that happens to live with incontinence. Given that I’m only in my mid-thirties, I’m navigating bladder control issues much earlier than I expected. That said, I’ve struggled with it for a while (to various degrees) and bladder issues (OAB, kidney stones, bladder cancer, etc.) run in my family. I work in the tech industry and I enjoy craft beer, soccer (big EPL fan), gaming, and reading (working my way through Brandon Sanderson’s cosmere). I’m also a dad, so between all of that, I stay pretty busy.

I found the site whenever I was looking for incontinence support forums and reviews on diapers. I’m primarily here to discuss and seek guidance on the frustrations that come along with living with incontinence. I have a few friends and family members that know about my incontinence, but sometimes it’s nice to talk through stuff with people that have similar experiences. I do manage my incontinence with diapers, but I’m not really into ABDL type stuff (to each their own though). I’m just hoping to interact with others like me, engage in conversation, and get advice through reading on other people’s experiences.

- Dallas

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and Sealander
Hello and welcome Dallas from the UK!

Reactions: Edgewater
Welcome. I like you am here for the same reason. I am duel incontinent now but have been bladder incontinent and using diapers about how long you have been living. I have a lot of other health issues and this group has helped me a lot. Just having a no judgement place to vent helps. I joined not thinking I would stick around, but that was going on 3 years now in Feb and 3600[+ comments ago. 🤣🤣 incontinent support groups are small, not active and push pills and surgery. If I can be of any help please let me know. After you have became established you can PM people me or others too. We have lots of IC only members

Reactions: Edgewater, Dallasinc and StarryNight
Hello and welcome to ADISC. Thank you for that introduction. I'm not IC but a lot in the community are.

Reactions: Edgewater, Dallasinc and Diaperman95
Hello and welcome here. Good start 🙋🧸

Reactions: Edgewater, Dallasinc and Diaperman95
Diaperman95 said:
Welcome. I like you am here for the same reason. I am duel incontinent now but have been bladder incontinent and using diapers about how long you have been living. I have a lot of other health issues and this group has helped me a lot. Just having a no judgement place to vent helps. I joined not thinking I would stick around, but that was going on 3 years now in Feb and 3600[+ comments ago. 🤣🤣 incontinent support groups are small, not active and push pills and surgery. If I can be of any help please let me know. After you have became established you can PM people me or others too. We have lots of IC only members
I appreciate the warm welcome. I agree with you on the venting aspect. Plenty of frustration and unfortunate moments go along with IC.

I also struggle a little bit with Bowel Incontinence, but it’s not nearly as bad as my urinary incontinence. The former stems from IBS and dumping syndrome that I’ve had since I got my gallbladder removed in 2016. Since I wear a diapers for my UIC, I’ve thankfully been protected in times I’ve had bowel accidents.

I look forward to chatting with you and the others on the forum.

Reactions: Diaperman95 and Edgewater
Reactions: Edgewater and BBBen
Hi there, welcome to ADISC! Nice introduction!

Reactions: Edgewater and BBBen
Welcome and be welcomed to this Amazing World of ADISC!
A truly great place as near everyone here is likely wearing a diaper!

I have been 24/7, U-IC for 45 years as a result of a car crash, I had a young family and needed to be back to work quickly! Acceptance, especially you accepting yourself is a huge part of it!

I have come to believe that I am being kind to the World by keeping it a bit dryer!
Again Welcome and Enjoy!!

hi

Dallasinc said:
I appreciate the warm welcome. I agree with you on the venting aspect. Plenty of frustration and unfortunate moments go along with IC.

I also struggle a little bit with Bowel Incontinence, but it’s not nearly as bad as my urinary incontinence. The former stems from IBS and dumping syndrome that I’ve had since I got my gallbladder removed in 2016. Since I wear a diapers for my UIC, I’ve thankfully been protected in times I’ve had bowel accidents.

I look forward to chatting with you and the others on the forum.
I ha IB and no gallbladder since 2012. Then the Gastroparesis. I did not not poop in almost a day and a half now and have already thrown up abut 6 times today. My IBS is back and forth But most days my laxities work. I have taken a few extra pain meds this week so maybe that is it. Knock on wood it has been 6 months since my GP flared bad enough I had to be in the hospital. Not that my low BP and pneumonia did not land me in it for 3 days last month. But I am so much better than where I was 3 years ago when I was spending 8 to 9 weeks a year in the hospital and did not want to live. this support group is one of the things that helped get me through that. Some members wish they was incontinent too but fail to realize incontinence is only a symptom of a much larger disease or disorder. You don't normally just become incontinent without having other more seriouse health issues. Most our Incontinent members are very understanding and offer support no mater the root cause. Well not just the IC members but most all of the members here have given me nothing but love and support.

• Love
Welcome to ADISC! It’s hard to find IC forums that I vibe with, this one is amazing <3
I hope you enjoy your stay and find this place as helpful as I have.

Last edited:
Back