International travel

UnderTheRadar

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So international travel with diapers... From USA to Panama and back(if that matters)

Gonna be flying in a few months

So do you take your stuff as a carry on or do you check a bag?

Reactions: Edgewater
Really shouldn't matter. Checked is the safest, but some padding in a carry on usually isn't too risky. I have had a TSA agent open my bag exposing about 8 adult diapers. It was embarrassing, but only lasted a minute and they were very professional.

Be careful about wearing though. Make sure your padding is dry when you go through security.

Reactions: barbiejoanne, Edgewater, LittleTyke and 1 other person
Ill e traveling abroad next month. I'm torn whether to take a chance on a dry spell. It could turn wet especially at night. Plus Id get far better sleep diapered up. A bonus for diapers. But discretion will most likely make wearing a nonstarter. A vacation that's not a vacation:(

Probably best to leave any you don't use in Panama, lots of press reporting on smuggler's hiding narcotics in diapers, and it might be hard to explain why you have the diapers if you're not . medically incontinent.
Taking them in your carry on for way home is probably fine if you're wearing for the flight just don't have any in your hold luggage or it might look like drugs

So no fancy prints?

There are probably over 100 posts on air travel in the forum. I travel domestically in the U.S. and internationally and always take a suitcase full of diapers. Then again, I’m incontinent.

If you are not IC and expect to be nervous or embarrassed then just don’t do it. Otherwise suck it up. The worst that can happen is a pat down and a few questions. There is nothing to hide.

Reactions: barbiejoanne, Edgewater and UnderTheRadar
HappyNappin said:
Probably best to leave any you don't use in Panama, lots of press reporting on smuggler's hiding narcotics in diapers, and it might be hard to explain why you have the diapers if you're not . medically incontinent.
Taking them in your carry on for way home is probably fine if you're wearing for the flight just don't have any in your hold luggage or it might look like drugs
As long as you aren't smuggling drugs in your diaper, it shouldn't matter. There is nothing illegal about wearing or packing diapers on an international flight.

You don't need to explain why you are wearing a diaper. Worst case scenario, you say you wear them for comfort (or just say you need them, comfort is a need) and you might get a weird look and feel a bit embarrassed. It won't be the end of the world though, especially when you realize that TSA people have almost certainly seen a lot weirder.

If you are so self-conscious about being padded, then don't wear. If you genuinely need to wear, then there is absolutely no reason to be self-conscious.

Reactions: Edgewater, Eclectic and ucfguy475
So I wet the bed... But I also like cutesy prints... Would y'all take cute prints with you?

As I've mentioned before, I carry a few diapers in my hand luggage, to make sure that I have some at the destination. Plain non-ABDL only.

I keep the rest of the diapers in the cheked-in luggage. Never had a problem.

I have Global Entry which almost always makes immigration a breeze. One time, however, they were doing random checks at LAX and I got selected. The immigration agent saw, opened up, and squeezed my diapers. I believe they were Rearz Safari's, lol. I was a bit drunk after my flight so didn't really let it bother me. He asked me some questions and sent me on my way without issue.

With evermore Airlines charging for additional luggage, you can define a bag as 'Medical Supplies' and carry the volume you will need for your travel. It is important to assure that you maintain a supplement number of diapers and support product as part of your carry-on!

Best to target passing thou TSA wearing a dry diaper!

Reactions: Bigbabybret and UnderTheRadar
I'm IC

SO i have no choice i wearing a diaper through an airport, and its not any big deal, not illegal and even if you get checked, ask for a private room if your worried about other.

Beyond that, yes you can check a medical bag with diapers, you shoud be IC to use this benifit but that is not easily or even able to be verified by anyone as you dont have to have it on your medical record per se. not to mention the airline doesnt legally have access to that anyhow HIPPA after all...

But, ethics aside, a checked bag with diapers is the best option if your flying with them.

I prefer to have ALL my stuff shipped to the destination prior to even leaving for the airport and verifying it arrived before i leave....

Used to contract mostly overseas and 99% of the time when flying commercial i'd have all my gear and personal stuff including diapers as i've been a bedwetter for life (one reason i was not able to be in the military) so need that to be there. Now flying private i'd load the cases on the transport of course and fly with it.

But myself i'd take a small caryon and nothing more on the airlines....just my preferance to not look for luggage...and working i'd ship 3-6 pallets of gear to the destination so a few bags of my personal stuff is not a big deal at all. 3 large flight cases for tools, 2 flight cases for for my personal stuff and then whatever supplies for the job made up the rest.

As for the fear of getting checked for drugs, dont worry about it unless your carying drugs, not a big deal.

• Love
Back