Incontinence Question, What do you Feel like is missing?

What do you feel like is missing from your diaper line-up?

• Thicker Diapers

Votes: 27 39.7%
  • Thinner Diapers

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Pull-ups

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • Pads

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diapers Made for Women

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Diapers Made for Men

Votes: 5 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This might be a narrow interest area but products for those on the transgender spectrum, I like and more often than not where female undergarments but do to my anatomy I need the protection that male products offer. Those products tend to be very masculine in looks but are needed for better protection if things point the wrong way.

Reactions: RearzJacob
A thicker pull up

Reactions: littledreamers333 and rocketman
I am not IC, so I hesitated to post this, but I think a lot of IC people might like this idea as well.

I would love to see a pull-up that utilized your typical hourglass shape premium diaper padding, but instead of having wings, have stretchy sides like GoodNites. You could have an all white, mature prints, and babyish prints.

I dislike all of the adult pull-ups, because the pad doesn’t come up far enough in the front and back. I also hate the granny panty look.

Reactions: Jeff Rictus, Fleetwoodmac32192, Thinlove4 and 5 others
RedPandaDL said:
I am not IC, so I hesitated to post this, but I think a lot of IC people might like this idea as well.

I would love to see a pull-up that utilized your typical hourglass shape premium diaper padding, but instead of having wings, have stretchy sides like GoodNites. You could have an all white, mature prints, and babyish prints.

I dislike all of the adult pull-ups, because the pad doesn’t come up far enough in the front and back. I also hate the granny panty look.
Pull-ups are tricky, there is a reason why they develop pull-ups for adults the way they do. But hey who knows what could be possible with a little hard work. Thanks for your thoughts.

Reactions: Sheepies, Eclectic, BobbiSueEllen and 3 others
RedPandaDL said:
instead of having wings, have stretchy sides like GoodNites. You could have an all white, mature prints, and babyish prints.

That would be so cool! I'd love to see something all white, like vintage Goodnites, but with a classic 90s pattern, kind of like ABUs SDK.

Same, the main reasons why everyone hates them and sticks with Goodnites. That granny panty style, kill it with fire.

Reactions: Sheepies and Subtlerustle
I purchased a few diapers from y’all for night time usage because they have good absorbency I wish you had a plastic backed diaper like betterdry has quiet yet absorbent. I’m in a time of my life where my incontinence doesn’t bother me as much it used to I just don’t want a very crinkly diaper

Probably will have to go with pull-ups.

Like a few have said before, something with increased absorbency in the front for stomach sleepers. Wider, too.

Reactions: littledub1955 and BobbiSueEllen
A slightly thinner diaper for daytime wear would be very helpful. I remember back when Abena had their plastic-backed diapers in a 1, 2, and 3 absorbency level thickness. They were great! Obviously they kept the level 4 absorbency in their line, but discontinued the rest. The thinner thicknesses were great options for daytime wear. Still plastic-backed, strong tapes, and great absorbency, but not as thick and noticable. So I would love a thinner plastic-backed disposable diaper.

DiaperGuy08 said:
A slightly thinner diaper for daytime wear would be very helpful. I remember back when Abena had their plastic-backed diapers in a 1, 2, and 3 absorbency level thickness. They were great! Obviously they kept the level 4 absorbency in their line, but discontinued the rest. The thinner thicknesses were great options for daytime wear. Still plastic-backed, strong tapes, and great absorbency, but not as thick and noticable. So I would love a thinner plastic-backed disposable diaper.
Question for you, do you prefer a lower capacity diaper over a pull-up? Also have you tried our essential diapers?

RearzJacob said:
Question for you, do you prefer a lower capacity diaper over a pull-up? Also have you tried our essential diapers?
Thanks for reaching out. Yes, I prefer a proper plastic-backed, tabbed diaper versus a pull up. Makes me feel more secure. But I have not tried your essential diapers before. Not familiar with them. Will have to look into them. Are they thinner than your Safari / Princess type of diapers?

Have voted pull ups as there is a good selection of printed nappies which I prefer but would be good if there was a adult version of drynites as can’t get into the teen ones anymore I just split the sides!

The biggest thing that I find deficient is the lack of thinner diapers that don't clump up and fall apart with body moisture within a couple of hours. I have urge incontinence, and accidents are sometimes infrequent (one or twice a week when things are calm), and I change right after an accidental, so I need something that can absorb perhaps 500 ml all at once. A diaper with an absorbency of 2000 ml would probably work perfectly, but I end up wearing diapers with 4000+ ml capacities because these are the ones that don't disintegrate over the course of the day. I can wear a Northshore MegaMax for an 18-hour active workday (yeah, some of my days are like that) and the pad is still intact, but I've never found anything with less absorbency that doesn't fall apart in 3-6 hours even if it's not wet with anything but a little perspiration.

Not only is it uncomfortable to sit on a pad that's lumpy (like sitting on a golf ball), but the disintegrated padding doesn't stay in the right area of the diaper, rendering it useless if I have an accident after the pad disintegrates.

I love the idea of a pull-up with a higher, figure-8 shaped pad, but I do see the challenges in producing it. It would either require the addition of very compliant elastic on the sides, and the attending heavy playing that goes with attaching the poly backsheet to the elastic, or going to a hybrid approach of attaching an unlined piece of elastic along the sides with no poly backing, which would compromise the waterproofness there. Both approaches have their limitations, and a lot would depend on the availability of an elastic with a sufficiently high ratio of stretched length to relaxed length. I'm no textiles expert, so I don't know what's available in that realm.

Reactions: littledub1955, RedPandaDL and AAO
DLForever99999 said:
A thicker pull up

If not thicker, more absorbent. Ideally more appearance of regular briefs at the top, and more absorbency

Reactions: RedPandaDL
DiaperGuy08 said:
Thanks for reaching out. Yes, I prefer a proper plastic-backed, tabbed diaper versus a pull up. Makes me feel more secure. But I have not tried your essential diapers before. Not familiar with them. Will have to look into them. Are they thinner than your Safari / Princess type of diapers?
Yes, the essential is our thinnest lowest capacity diaper at the moment you can get them here - https://incontroldiapers.com/incontrol-essential-incontinence-briefs/

If you have never ordered from InControl Diapers let me know. We have a free sample program I can point you to.

Reactions: surprise35
ltaluv said:
The biggest thing that I find deficient is the lack of thinner diapers that don't clump up and fall apart with body moisture within a couple of hours. I have urge incontinence, and accidents are sometimes infrequent (one or twice a week when things are calm), and I change right after an accidental, so I need something that can absorb perhaps 500 ml all at once. A diaper with an absorbency of 2000 ml would probably work perfectly, but I end up wearing diapers with 4000+ ml capacities because these are the ones that don't disintegrate over the course of the day. I can wear a Northshore MegaMax for an 18-hour active workday (yeah, some of my days are like that) and the pad is still intact, but I've never found anything with less absorbency that doesn't fall apart in 3-6 hours even if it's not wet with anything but a little perspiration.

Not only is it uncomfortable to sit on a pad that's lumpy (like sitting on a golf ball), but the disintegrated padding doesn't stay in the right area of the diaper, rendering it useless if I have an accident after the pad disintegrates.

I love the idea of a pull-up with a higher, figure-8 shaped pad, but I do see the challenges in producing it. It would either require the addition of very compliant elastic on the sides, and the attending heavy playing that goes with attaching the poly backsheet to the elastic, or going to a hybrid approach of attaching an unlined piece of elastic along the sides with no poly backing, which would compromise the waterproofness there. Both approaches have their limitations, and a lot would depend on the availability of an elastic with a sufficiently high ratio of stretched length to relaxed length. I'm no textiles expert, so I don't know what's available in that realm.
Have you had the chance to try the InControl Essential? - https://incontroldiapers.com/incontrol-essential-incontinence-briefs/
Thank you for your insight!

Seabear said:
Have voted pull ups as there is a good selection of printed nappies which I prefer but would be good if there was a adult version of drynites as can’t get into the teen ones anymore I just split the sides!
Question for you, what level of capacity do you expect from a pull-up?

I always buy the dinosaurus diapers for the night but even than i must put a liner insite because i wet a lot in the night. So thicker and wider would be great. Also I’m from Belgium and is not easy to get your diapers here. The special one’s are even impossible to get here.

RearzJacob said:
Question for you, what level of capacity do you expect from a pull-up?
Not really thought about it but think taped nappies are normally over 4000ml so maybe 1000-1500 for a pull-up?

Reactions: RearzJacob
RedPandaDL said:

I like that idea, as long it contains my bowel accidents I would try them!

Back