Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 1 guest views remaining

Incontinence after eating

abdjlamar2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Its not too bad but it definitely happens with me and some foods

Maybe right after eating when I have a BM accident. But I have some pee accidents while eating. For some reason I don't mess while eating.

Sometimes after? Weird.

abdjlamar2 said:
Its not too bad but it definitely happens with me and some foods
Is it spicy food? That can be a trigger for OAB.

Not a doctor so this is only a suggestion to consider, but if you are having problems after eating it does suggest to me that your body is rejecting food that is not good for you. Ceeping a record of what you eat may help to identify the bad foods. If I eat the rong food I have to be careful for the next three or four days until I have gotten it all out. Doesn't happen straight away or every time for me but it happens enough to be a problem.

Starting last year, I've mostly been urinary IC. But over the last couple of years I have slowly been learning to stay away from oily foods. For fast foods like Wendy's/Harveys/A&W and McDonalds, I can only eat there no more than once a week, and I have to avoid their french fries. Hash browns lead to an immediate upset. I used to partake of microwave popcorn a lot because it is nearly a freebie for diabetics. But sadly, the oils in that are bad for me too. My first full-on BM in a pull-up(!) was caused by eating an Egg-McMuffin + Coffee while waiting for a car to be repaired. The BM didn't happen until I got home thankfully, as I was carrying stuff in from the driveway. I've had a few earlier partial BMs, all related to oily food. Coffee in recent years causes a BM about an hour later. That really wasn't a problem until I started losing the ability to hold it.

Spicy food, cranberry juices, tomatoes and sauces are bad for urinary IC. I gotta say that all of this is sucking the fun out of life.

It's most likely the so could vegetable oils (seed oils) when it comes to oily foods you may want to experiment with olive oil, coconut oil, tallow, butter ( natural oils and fats )
Staying away from fast food and highly processed is always a good idea along with sugar and carbs.
Grains are some of the worst foods for me.
I would question popcorn for diabetics being lower risk as corn is high carbs and carbs turn into sugar very quickly.

It used to bother my appetite if my diaper was wet when I went to eat or if I peed while eating. But now, not that much.

Troy said:
It's most likely the so could vegetable oils (seed oils) when it comes to oily foods you may want to experiment with olive oil, coconut oil, tallow, butter ( natural oils and fats )
Yes, it very well could be. I hate the fact that all these fast food chains have gone to veg oils. Harvey's used to have great fries. Now they, and every one else's fries totally suck. The only ones that I still enjoy are MacDonalds, and it's probably only because of the salt.
Troy said:
Staying away from fast food and highly processed is always a good idea along with sugar and carbs.
Of course, but a diabetic cannot avoid carbs completely. We still got to "live" once in a while.
Troy said:
I would question popcorn for diabetics being lower risk as corn is high carbs and carbs turn into sugar very quickly.
Popcorn has a lower carb content, meaning that it is almost a free treat (barring additives like butter). I know that from testing my glucose, that I can get away with a lot with popcorn. But now that I've cut that out, my only other "freebie" these days is a small bowl of puffed wheat in milk. Nothing is completely free, but it is all relative to other poisons.

Back