If you could...would you? Autie AB/DL community?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbiSueEllen

A happy, soggy li'l toddle-waddle Pampers girl.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Sorry for being a bit cryptic: one of the thoughts that I've considered, at-whim with a few random people here, is the possibility of a place for us AB/DLs and/or auties to live...where we can be ourselves, away from too much crowded hubbub but still within reasonable distance from stores & services...and not too close to somewhat-prejudiced rural areas. A commune, a colony? Something like that? That's what I mean.

Here's how I'd go about doing it:
  1. Location, location, location: there's a lot of reasons why placement is important: (a) affordability of property, (b) size of property, (c) discretion/privacy, (d) affordability of local economy, (e) few prying Muggle eyes, (f) weather patterns...and others. Scouting for an ideal place to live...to be.
  2. Incorporate: we would be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation, whereas the core, more-committed, long-term residents would be corporate officers...and others who are younger and/or more apt to go places in life ("move about") are corporate junior partners. We'd all have investment and we'd all have responsibilities to share.
  3. Establish a loan: we'd need one, of course. The big thing is whether or not we can qualify, by virtue of our 501(c)(3) charter, for a zero-down loan. I doubt it, but let's do the scenario: say we could get that loan...$250K at 30 years and 8% APR would come out to a monthly payment of $1,836. Let's say we have 6 residents, minimum: that would break down to $306/month per resident...without property taxes. That can be figured later.
  4. Divide the perks: we all love power for AC, heat, unlimited internet, hot water, cooking, etc. So, $300/month power bill, $125 internet, gas...dunno. $70 per person per month, maybe $100?

So, we're looking at just over $400 per person. We'd also need other things:
  1. Garbage: either the locality provides the service or we haul it all ourselves...the latter being more the likely, considering our diapers. Or, we'd recycle what we could...and have an on-site, EPA-approved incinerator.
  2. Accountant: we'd have to retain an accountant. I'm good with numbers but not when it comes to working against the IRS. I prefer a pro.
  3. Maintenance: I can do most property repairs: I'm a former contractor and handyperson but would prefer to not do structural/outside plumbing or any kind of gas. No way. Grounds maintenance is something we'd all chip in effort for.
  4. Group transportation: most all of us would have our own but sometimes we'd go out in a group. I have a minivan that will do handily.
  5. Workspace: let's hope we can find a place with an adequate, terrific garage/shop where we can make things, fix things. To be handy and crafty. I have loads of tools.
  6. Privacy: the place either has some sort of fencing or we'd put some up. The backyard can be fenced, 8 feet high? Our AB play space.
Room rent payments would probably average $550 per person, depending on room size and all. And all utilities are included. Plus loads of perks. Anything above and beyond actual cost per person would go into a Maintenance Fund, for repairs and improvements...and if something ended up being a bit much for the fund, we'd have to take a collection.

So...there's those. Now, for operation:
  1. Premise: the written, stated basis of our 501(c)(3) incorporation is that this is a boarding/support community for adults with autism. In de-jure: yes, it is that...but, in de-facto, for people with autism who love wearing diapers, many of those being Adult Babies. The core here is autism, which most of us here have. It just happens that we'd be people with autism who all love wearing diapers and/or being babies. The "naybuhs" don't hafta know. Discretion is the better part of valor.
  2. Rules: yes, there has to be rules. I'd like a rule-structure very similar to that of here at ADISC, governing conduct, rights, privileges, responsibilities...and, hate to say it, consequences. Any major trouble, harm or destruction done here has to have a reaction to protect the community, the individuals who live here...and our propriety.
  3. You get, you give: there are rights and perks...but there are responsibilities, too. Chores. "Many hands make light work". It's the rent we pay for existing.
Would you be a part of something like this if you could?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MetalDan86, Diaperboy27, Binky151 and 2 others
BobbiSueEllen said:
Sorry for being a bit cryptic: one of the thoughts that I've considered, at-whim with a few random people here, is the possibility of a place for us AB/DLs and/or auties to live...where we can be ourselves, away from too much crowded hubbub but still within reasonable distance from stores & services...and not too close to somewhat-prejudiced rural areas. A commune, a colony? Something like that? That's what I mean.

1. Location, location, location: there's a lot of reasons why placement is important: (a) affordability of property, (b) size of property, (c) discretion/privacy, (d) affordability of local economy, (e) few prying Muggle eyes, (f) weather patterns...and others. Scouting for an ideal place to live...to be.
  2. Incorporate: we would be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation, whereas the core, more-committed, long-term residents would be corporate officers...and others who are younger and/or more apt to go places in life ("move about") are corporate junior partners. We'd all have investment and we'd all have responsibilities to share.
  3. Establish a loan: we'd need one, of course. The big thing is whether or not we can qualify, by virtue of our 501(c)(3) charter, for a zero-down loan. I doubt it, but let's do the scenario: say we could get that loan...$250K at 30 years and 8% APR would come out to a monthly payment of $1,836. Let's say we have 6 residents, minimum: that would break down to $306/month per resident...without property taxes. That can be figured later.
  4. Divide the perks: we all love power for AC, heat, unlimited internet, hot water, cooking, etc. So, $300/month power bill, $125 internet, gas...dunno. $70 per person per month, maybe $100?

1. Garbage: either the locality provides the service or we haul it all ourselves...the latter being more the likely, considering our diapers. Or, we'd recycle what we could...and have an on-site, EPA-approved incinerator.
  2. Accountant: we'd have to retain an accountant. I'm good with numbers but not when it comes to working against the IRS. I prefer a pro.
  3. Maintenance: I can do most property repairs: I'm a former contractor and handyperson but would prefer to not do structural/outside plumbing or any kind of gas. No way. Grounds maintenance is something we'd all chip in effort for.
  4. Group transportation: most all of us would have our own but sometimes we'd go out in a group. I have a minivan that will do handily.
  5. Workspace: let's hope we can find a place with an adequate, terrific garage/shop where we can make things, fix things. To be handy and crafty. I have loads of tools.
  6. Privacy: the place either has some sort of fencing or we'd put some up. The backyard can be fenced, 8 feet high? Our AB play space.
Room rent payments would probably average $550 per person, depending on room size and all. And all utilities are included. Plus loads of perks. Anything above and beyond actual cost per person would go into a Maintenance Fund, for repairs and improvements...and if something ended up being a bit much for the fund, we'd have to take a collection.

1. Premise: the written, stated basis of our 501(c)(3) incorporation is that this is a boarding/support community for adults with autism. In de-facto: yes, it is that...plus people who love wearing diapers, many of those being Adult Babies. But the core is autism, which most of us have here. It just happens that we'd be people with autism who all love wearing diapers and/or being babies. The "naybuhs" don't hafta know. Discretion is the better part of valor.
  2. Rules: yes, there has to be rules. I'd like a rule-structure very similar to that of here at ADISC, governing conduct, rights, privileges, responsibilities...and, hate to say it, consequences. Any major trouble, harm or destruction done here has to have a reaction to protect the community, the individuals who live here...and our propriety.
  3. You get, you give: there are rights and perks...but there are responsibilities, too. Chores. "Many hands make light work". It's the rent we pay for existing.
Very nice plan.

I happen to have an accounting degree (only an associate's degree, and no CPA or anything certifications) and understand standard corporate accounting processes... I'm also a major computer nerd who can build/repair/upgrade systems and setup network layouts (wired, wireless, and combination)...

Where do I sign up?

As far as location, I'd recommend the Carolinas, but inland so hurricane season wouldn't be too much of a problem... South Carolina in particular has large areas of rural farmland (with almost zero neighbors) selling for pretty low prices compared to more populated states (like PA where I lived previously). And property taxes down here are lower than the north...

Reactions: longallsboy, mistykitty and BobbiSueEllen
artemisenterri said:
Very nice plan.

I happen to have an accounting degree (only an associate's degree, and no CPA or anything certifications) and understand standard corporate accounting processes... I'm also a major computer nerd who can build/repair/upgrade systems and setup network layouts (wired, wireless, and combination)...

Where do I sign up?

As far as location, I'd recommend the Carolinas, but inland so hurricane season wouldn't be too much of a problem... South Carolina in particular has large areas of rural farmland (with almost zero neighbors) selling for pretty low prices compared to more populated states (like PA where I lived previously). And property taxes down here are lower than the north...
I guess the only thing I worry about are various locations around the US: here in Idaho, it wouldn't be a good idea due to very conservative government and religious public society...plus the Skinheads & Aryan dorks up north and "Ammonia Undies" could cause probs. Plus Idaho isn't very autism-friendly.

Washington state: way overpriced for property and living.

Kentucky: way too theocratic, small-town woes, gossip, "good-ol'-boys", wacky weather patterns, tornadoes. They're wonderfully autism-aware...but those other worries...

Are any of those an issue in the Carolinas?

Last edited:
That’s crazy I never thought of living in a community like that. Would be fun to visit but I like my job, my life when I’m not in little space. Would be fun tho

Reactions: mistykitty and BobbiSueEllen
Albertapampers said:
That’s crazy I never thought of living in a community like that. Would be fun to visit but I like my job, my life when I’m not in little space. Would be fun tho
Oh, we'd host visitors! You bet we would!

Reactions: mistykitty, Albertapampers and artemisenterri
Albertapampers said:
There's nothing that would prevent you from having an outside job... And there doesn't seem to be a rule requiring you to stay in "little space" 24/7 in the community...

Reactions: mistykitty, Albertapampers and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:

1. Premise: the written, stated basis of our 501(c)(3) incorporation is that this is a boarding/support community for adults with autism. In de-jure: yes, it is that...but, in de-facto, for people with autism who love wearing diapers, many of those being Adult Babies. The core here is autism, which most of us here have. It just happens that we'd be people with autism who all love wearing diapers and/or being babies. The "naybuhs" don't hafta know. Discretion is the better part of valor.
Absolutely just for the monthly cost alone hahahaha. But it does seem like it would be cool

BobbiSueEllen said:
I guess the only thing I worry about are various locations around the US: here in Idaho, it wouldn't be a good idea due to very conservative government and religious public society...plus the Skinheads & Aryan dorks up north and "Ammonia Undies" could cause probs. Plus Idaho isn't very autism-friendly.

Washington state: way overpriced for property and living.

Kentucky: way too theocratic, small-town woes, gossip, "good-ol'-boys", wacky weather patterns, tornadoes. They're wonderfully autism-aware...but those other worries...

Are any of those an issue in the Carolinas?
Let me preface by saying (and this will probably boggle a few minds in here) that I am a Christian conservative republican... (Stating that for reference, not to cause any flame wars... I'm a "do whatever you want in your bedroom, just don't shove it in my face" person.)

North Carolina has a republican-led legislature (since 2010, after breaking an almost 150-yr streak of democrat dominance) but a totally insane democrat governor...

South Carolina has a republican legislature and governor.

I have not seen any signs of "theocratic" dominance, and in fact have seen more of a push against the churches by the "accept us or else" activists...

The Carolinas do have the possibility for tornadoes, but on a much lower frequency than the flatlands further inland, due to the Carolinas being part of the Appalachian mountains. The potential for hurricanes exists, but only becomes really dangerous if you are closer to the coasts... My family has lived in the Carolinas since the end of '06, moved south across the NC/SC line at the end of '21. Worst we've ever gotten during hurricane season was heavy wind, rain, and partial flooding from regional rivers/creeks.

Reactions: longallsboy, Diaperboy27 and BobbiSueEllen
artemisenterri said:
There's nothing that would prevent you from having an outside job... And there doesn't seem to be a rule requiring you to stay in "little space" 24/7 in the community...
Yeah got too much family where I live I wish I could but I can’t leave unfortunately

• Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and artemisenterri
Albertapampers said:
Yeah got too much family where I live I wish I could but I can’t leave unfortunately
I understand completely...

My situation seems to be heading the opposite direction, where I may be in need of leaving because of my family...

• Sad
Reactions: mistykitty, Albertapampers and BobbiSueEllen
Cool idea! It’s something you could really do!
you’re talking about buying large house, is that right? 250k isn’t much around here but I’m sure it buys a nice house is some parts of the country.

LePew said:
Cool idea! It’s something you could really do!
you’re talking about buying large house, is that right? 250k isn’t much around here but I’m sure it buys a nice house is some parts of the country.
I'm thinking the idea was to buy a large plot of land, then build multiple smaller houses on it, so people wouldn't be crammed into a single building...

• Thinking
Reactions: mistykitty
artemisenterri said:
I understand completely...

My situation seems to be heading the opposite direction, where I may be in need of leaving because of my family...
Awe that’s sucks I am sorry to hear about that. People can be so not understand.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
artemisenterri said:
I'm thinking the idea was to buy a large plot of land, then build multiple smaller houses on it, so people wouldn't be crammed into a single building...
I like that idea more. Is 250k enough for that?

• Thinking
artemisenterri said:
Bingo. It would be discretionary wearing but no bare diaper outside of the bedrooms...that'd have to be regular or baby clothing over a diaper in open areas. And if a member has a "day job", that's okay, too! And people on Disability are welcome as well, provided they can afford it. 🥳

artemisenterri said:
I have not seen any signs of "theocratic" dominance, and in fact have seen more of a push against the churches by the "accept us or else" activists...
I'm all about "Live and let live". How it should be, IMHO. That sounds like a good read on your region.

artemisenterri said:
The Carolinas do have the possibility for tornadoes, but on a much lower frequency than the flatlands further inland, due to the Carolinas being part of the Appalachian mountains. The potential for hurricanes exists, but only becomes really dangerous if you are closer to the coasts... My family has lived in the Carolinas since the end of '06, moved south across the NC/SC line at the end of '21. Worst we've ever gotten during hurricane season was heavy wind, rain, and partial flooding from regional rivers/creeks.
Sounds do-able. Kentucky is lousy with tornadoes & straight-line winds. They have more tornadoes than any other state in the US. It's heavy. And straight-line winds, freezing rain...ugh. But I love thunderstorms! Plus, I have yet to really experience an actual hurricane...not merely the tail-end of Hilary when she died over Boise last year.

artemisenterri said:
That'd be one way...but having a central house would be the best way to start off. Plus, I don't know how state/county building/dwelling codes in the Carolinas are, as far as tiny houses go. I know in Kentucky, it's legal only in some counties to get a "tiny house" shed (dealers for those abound in Kentucky!) and convert it into a home on one's own property.

Reactions: mistykitty and artemisenterri
LePew said:
I like that idea more. Is 250k enough for that?
Where I live, in South Carolina, yes, $250k could buy several acres of land, particularly if that land hasn't been developed yet (still wooded, etc)...

artemisenterri said:
Where I live, in South Carolina, yes, $250k could buy several acres of land, particularly if that land hasn't been developed yet (still wooded, etc)...
that wouldn’t leave any or enough money for housing though

LePew said:
that wouldn’t leave any or enough money for housing though
It would be a question of the amount of acres being bought... Plus, if the acres have sufficient woods on them, it's easy enough to setup a contract with a lumber company for them to buy the trees, thereby recovering part of the original costs...

BobbiSueEllen said:
Bingo. It would be discretionary wearing but no bare diaper outside of the bedrooms...that'd have to be regular or baby clothing over a diaper in open areas. And if a member has a "day job", that's okay, too! And people on Disability are welcome as well, provided they can afford it. 🥳

I'm all about "Live and let live". How it should be, IMHO. That sounds like a good read on your region.

Sounds do-able. Kentucky is lousy with tornadoes & straight-line winds. They have more tornadoes than any other state in the US. It's heavy. And straight-line winds, freezing rain...ugh. But I love thunderstorms! Plus, I have yet to really experience an actual hurricane...not merely the tail-end of Hilary when she died over Boise last year.

That'd be one way...but having a central house would be the best way to start off. Plus, I don't know how state/county building/dwelling codes in the Carolinas are, as far as tiny houses go. I know in Kentucky, it's legal only in some counties to get a "tiny house" shed (dealers for those abound in Kentucky!) and convert it into a home on one's own property.

I would go for it. Not sure wife would. Maybe she could relax about someone finding out I'm abdl if we were in a community filled with littles.
She is accepting of me and let's me wear diapers and have a bottle but wants the blinds closed so that no one can see and things need to be packed away if someone comes over.
It should be where the weather is nice most of the year. I was in eastern Tennessee and enjoyed the weather. Can't be too far south or it's too hot. I live in Pensacola Florida and the weather is too hot to enjoy being outside parts of the year.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: artemisenterri and BobbiSueEllen
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back