If there was a way to no longer be ABDL...

Would you get rid of your abdl desires?

• Heck no! I love being abdl

• I'd prefer not to

• I don't have an opinion either way

• If it was easy, I would

• Most defintely! At the first chance I get

• It's complicated

• Yes, but only certain aspects

Results are only viewable after voting.

SorcerorElf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
would you do it? For the sake of example, let's assume that there would be only minor side effects and that it would not otherwise pose issues.

Honestly?

I don't know.

It's helped me make (relative) peace with the fact that I have to wear diapers for my bedwetting and going out to places where there's no guarantee I'll find a bathroom. If I didn't have this part of me that liked diapers, I don't think I would be able to deal with it, and I would never be able to go out with friends, or stay overnight with anyone. I'd just be shut in my home, staying three feet from the toilet in case of the big urge that precedes wet underwear, staying up late because if I fall asleep I'm guaranteed to be in a wet bed.

Reactions: Ebabyboy12
There are positives and negatives to it, like anything else. Rather than trying to eliminate a part of myself, I think it makes more sense to try and make something good of it. It's certainly been more positive for me since I started on that path.

Reactions: DLatHome
I think abdl is more than a kink for me, it has a strong influence on my personality (like being slightly immature, being more empathetic towards others, I’m more understanding of other people because I myself am super weird, etc.). I love who I am, and i don’t really want to change anything like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ebabyboy12 and diaperedjb
Bass said:
I think abdl is more than a kink for me, it has a strong influence on my personality (like being slightly immature, being more empathetic towards others, I’m more understanding of other people because I myself am super weird, etc.). I love who I am, and i don’t really want to change anything like that.

I agree! I have found a more understanding and compassionate side of myself through exploring my diaper kink. I'm no longer likely to jump to quick judgements about someone else's choice of lifestyle because I can now empathize with their struggle with self-shame and guilt surrounding their kink or alternative lifestyle.

Are you CRAZY? No, I wouldn't change a thing. I love who I am..

Reactions: LilJayke, Sidewinder and diaperedjb
So there are positives and negatives to everything, especially when one is an ABDL. First, I'm thankful I have this outlet to relax and center myself. However, it has caused a lot of relationship and personal problems. I would not wish this fetish on anyone. I believe that the negatives of not being an ABDL outweigh the positives of being an ABDL. If I had the opportunity I would get rid of it in a heartbeat. It would make my life, especially in the relationship department, so much easier.

Before I found out that I was not alone, before the internet that is, I would have given anything for this to just pass. I was embarrassed, humiliated and could not understand at all. The internet helped me to know that I was not the most bizarre person on the planet. But it was not until I told my wife and she "embraced all that is me", that told me, I am where I am supposed to be... I would never go back.

Last edited:
Reactions: steviet, JWolf and diaperedjb
If I wasn't ABDL, I would never have met my partner (who is not ABDL but is kinky). I would never have met some of my other good friends.

Sexual relationships between people who meet in a kink-oriented context (be it online or in person) have a big advantage over people who meet in "vanilla" contexts. There are no expectations about what's "normal" in the bedroom. It's clearly necessary to communicate about each other's needs, wants, and limits. Everybody should communicate with their partners about sex, of course, not just kinky people. But not everybody knows this, sadly. Kinky people do.

So no, I would not stop being ABDL, and I wouldn't change any of my other kinks.

Reactions: Trevor and diaperedjb
I see DL as a poor way of scratching a deeper itch. If/when I can address the deeper thing, the DL stuff will probably mostly go away. Until then, the alternatives are worse.

This question always seems to creep up in some form or another. Your answers are always going to be split:

People who have had good experiences and who have reached a level of self-acceptance will never want to give this up :) People who are more insecure about this side of themselves would jump at the opportunity to no longer be AB 😔 and people who have had their ups and downs will fall somewhere in the middle 🤷‍♂️

Personally, being an AB has been much more of a blessing than a curse 😄 It has kept me centred and stress free, at times it has even been a good motivator :) As a result of this side of myself, I have met lots of nice padded pals and I have had some very fulfilling relationships, including my current one with my Mommy/GF ☺ Whom I'd never have met if I wasn't an AB by the way ;)

Sure being an AB can be a financial drain at times, but I make good money and I don't regress 24/7, just regularly, every week or whenever time allows, so I don't run out of diapers too quickly and I usually wait until I have a little extra cash before I splurge on an outfit or some toys and other goodies :) It was confusing when I was a teenager figuring this out, but as I have said before, for where I am at now and looking at things objectively, I would never want to get rid of this side of myself, regardless of whatever hypotheticals people pose 😄

Last edited:
Reactions: buridan
This kink makes a lot of things so difficult - so if there would be a chance to quit with it I would take it. Unfortunately this is nearly impossible.

For me, personally, it's like this.

No AB/DL, no life, even though I'm more DL than AB.

Last edited:
Reactions: diaperedjb
I would have loved to have gotten rid of the desires when I was young as I was convinced I must be crazy. But as of late, diaper wearing and regression makes me feel really good as it gives me a way to escape from depression. Diapers always make me feel better.

I spent so many years thinking I was the only one that was atracted to diapers. I felt shame but never really wanted to change because I loved them so much. Sure I went through binge and purge cycles but only because I was afraid to get caught. When I found out there were others like me I felt a sense of relief. I realized I'm not crazy and there wasn't something wrong with me. I was, in a way, normal. So what if my fetish is a soft plastic backed white fluffy disposable diaper. Others have foot fetishes or food fetishes. It just makes us who we are. And since I told my wife I feel even better. I actually feel special now not weird, sort of part of an elite club. I like telling my wife about different things about the ABDL lifestyle. She finds it funny sometimes but accepts me for the person I am.

Maybe it's because I'm older but why change it? Enjoy the things that make you happy in life because it too short.

Reactions: diaperedjb and littlemoosey
TheWalkingDad said:
I spent so many years thinking I was the only one that was atracted to diapers. I felt shame but never really wanted to change because I loved them so much. Sure I went through binge and purge cycles but only because I was afraid to get caught. When I found out there were others like me I felt a sense of relief. I realized I'm not crazy and there wasn't something wrong with me. I was, in a way, normal. So what if my fetish is a soft plastic backed white fluffy disposable diaper. Others have foot fetishes or food fetishes. It just makes us who we are. And since I told my wife I feel even better. I actually feel special now not weird, sort of part of an elite club. I like telling my wife about different things about the ABDL lifestyle. She finds it funny sometimes but accepts me for the person I am.

Maybe it's because I'm older but why change it? Enjoy the things that make you happy in life because it too short.
So your wife is good with everything?

Yes

For me (and this does not apply to everyone), this is basically a hobby. I really like it and it helps to relieve my stress but so can several of my former hobbies. If I stopped being ABDL, I could go back to some of those hobbies that I miss. I simply don't have the time and money for both at this time.

Yup. If I could say goodbye to ABDL, I would. Easy choice. Fundamentally, it's not a comfort thing for me, nor would I call it a lifestyle. It's primarily a sexual fetish. I've got other tools besides diapers at my disposal for dealing with sexual urges, though, and plenty of other hobbies and interests that would expand to fill the gap ABDL would leave behind. I'd be fine.

But...

I'm fine now, too.

Life ain't perfect. We've each got our oddities, and this is one of mine. As long as I feel an urge to wear and use diapers, suck on a paci, etc., I'll manage to be happy doing those things. No sense brooding over immutable features of my sexuality. I did a bit of that in my teens. I've definitely got better things to do now.

Last edited:
I don’t ever want to change this part of me, but at the same time I do because it’s been quite consuming and holding me back

Back