If I won the lottery. What would you do?

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I would have a large room in my house with built shelving all around with my stacks of nappies. I would become a full time nappy wearer. (Number 1 and 2) I would have a cleaner and she would change my bedding everyday, clean the house. I wouldn't hide my 'incontinence'. I might have respite care in a group home and be cared for. I would like a full time carer. I'm not into AB or sexual stuff. I would just like somebody to care for me and keep me company.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abdlchriscrinkle
I would get out of Latin America

Last edited:
I would go to Pampers Headquarters, and figure out how to fix Ninjamas.
I love Goodnites, but I really want them to have a viable competitor.
Huggies vs Pampers
Pull-Ups vs Easy-Ups
Goodnites vs Ninjamas.

Sorry, I've been on such a tangent about Ninjamas. It's just frustrating to me that a major company is being lazy.

Reactions: huggiesthick and Woncrinklz
If you won the lottery, what would I do?

Send you a friend request and hope you have a thing for balding Scotsmen. :p

Seriously though, if I won the lottery I'd..... well, it kinda depends how much, but let's go for £50 million as I don't play for anything less :D

I would...

1. Split the money 4 ways between me and my family. (Sum left: £12.5 million)
2. Use 10% of what was left to donate to charity. (Sum left: £11.25 million)
3. Give some money to closest friends (Sum left: £10 million)
4. Give UK political parties what they deserve (Sum left: £10 million)
5. Move to Japan.
(6. Learn Japanese)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Angelapinks, Deleted member 57387, chamberpot and 5 others
iPad said:

Seriously though, if I won the lottery I'd..... well, it kinda depends how much, but let's go for £50 million as I don't play for anything less :D

I would...

5. Move to Japan.
(6. Learn Japanese)
Number 4 is an excellent choice!!!

iPad said:

I would...

5. Move to Japan.
(6. Learn Japanese)
I do love the Scottish accent, wink wink. ( from a English person)

• Wow
Reactions: LittleBabyJake and iPad
Disappear seriously. I would keep my mouth shut, find an out of town lawyer to setup a blind trust, have the trust claim the ticket. After I have my funds, i would turn off my cell number, open a new account with a new carrier, close all social media, email, and other accounts and setup a new persona.

Travel - I would order a custom RV with the features i want, nothing big, just a small RV that i can be able to drive through the national parks and stuff. Buy a small car to pull behind (smart car, fiat). while awaiting the RV i will travel to some place like Hawaii or europe., or cruise.. again i will have dropped off the face of the earth for the most part. Once I have the RV, I plan to just travel around the whole country, stay a few days some place, then move on, maybe do some remote working, but i will never be permanently tied down to staying home. i would put a small twin sized crib in the RV with another normal twin bed. Maybe find somebody special who likes me for me and not what i can do for them or buy for them.

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955, RuffRuff, 12srepaid and 5 others
I would congratulate you! It is very hard to defy odds like that!

• Haha
Reactions: Hemix and EcoIncon
Research effective short-term climate catastrophe mitigation strategies and allocate funds logarithmically to the top four strategies by ratio of effectiveness to risk.

Reactions: EcoIncon
1626375192123.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: littledub1955, LittleBabyJake, WABX and 7 others
If it were in the $50 million category, I'd share it with family after keeping the first (after tax) $10 million for my wife and myself. That would easily take care of us for the balance of our lives. I would feel comfortable spending $1 million on our dream home, banking/investing the rest, and using it as we want for what we want. Where we live, a $1 million home is in the small mansion category.

I would do everything I need to claim the money anonymously and move away under false pretenses like claiming a job offer or such. I would find a somewhat large peice of property build something that looks like a modest home with some extra hidden basement rooms for my office and valuables. Kind of hard to pretend you aren't rich if you have tons of expensive stuff everywhere. I'd have a large shop built with all the tools I could ever need to work on fun projects. Buy myself a good truck to use for errands and work, a nice motorcycle, and a nice vintage car or two. I would build my family members homes on the property as well. After all of that is taken care of I would use most of the remaining funds to buy commercial buildings and lease those out to keep a reliable income flowing. Last but not least I would start a small business I enjoy to keep me busy. Then from the outside looking in I would appear to just be some guy that has just done well for himself rather than a millionaire. Then I can start reconnecting with friends and such without them being the wiser

Reactions: littledub1955
Quit my job, take care of the people I care about, travel, build a new home, renovate my current house, update my cars and just try to have more fun.

• Love
I honestly wouldn’t care.

If you win the lottery, I'm not sure it would change my life at all. :)

In all seriousness, this has been enough of a pain for me that I would spend a significant portion of my winnings (assuming we're talking about a pretty big lottery prize here) to sponsor research to help people with this condition. I wonder if a few million dollars well managed could help come up with something better than the current interation of Interstim and enable some people to stay completely dry.

Last edited:
Reactions: perlFerret
Pay off medical bills, get needed medical treatment I need, and if I have any money left over, maybe take a nice cruise both ways through the Panama Canal ?

Reactions: perlFerret
Depends on the amount, but my base answer is pretty boring.

If in the "few million" range, probably throw it all in mid risk broad index backed ETFs (XEQT/XGRO/etc) and REITS, assume a 6% return, leave 2% for inflation+taxes, and assume a safe yearly withdraw rate of 4%.. allowing me to live comfortably off the returns indefinitely.

If in the like.. 20 million range.. probably invest similarily but do the math and figure out how much I can withdraw per year to have enough until I die and live off that.

In either case, beyond obvious stuff (nicer house, car, etc), probably travel and spend it on hobbies... build out a huge workshop, invest in some serious level machining tools, maybe even a proper CNC machining center. Even crazier, some non-import tooling!

Last edited:
Reactions: littledub1955, chamberpot and blaincorrous
That kind of money gets an individual in trouble if it’s just burning a hole in your pocket. I’d be putting it to work making more money and supporting causes I believe in while doing my best to live modestly.

…okay, fine. I’d build a really bonkers gaming PC, secure my children’s education, and upgrade to a new house. And the rest of it is getting put to work.

EDIT: one cool thing would be to build a complex shipping container home. Above and below ground. And use the experience to start a shipping container home business.

Last edited:
Reactions: littledub1955 and KrankyPants
How much would you like to win if you won the lottery? I would like 50 million so I can not only invest a little, but also help some of my family back in Jamaica. I would also like to help certain research and charitable organizations like the IOCDF.

If it was one of those extremely big lotteries, I would invest most of it but I'd also buy a beach house.

Back