I would like to know how tell what age you like to go to

MaxDiaper said:
I would probably fall in the “little” category however never got out of diapers even at that age. I like to watch paw patrol and read simple books to my “mommy” or my stuffies, play with age appropriate legos and colour...
...My mommy/ wife does refer to me as baby boy.
Baby boy/girl is a term of endearment and is used regardless of whether someone is a baby or not.
I think I may need another category between Adult Preschooler and Little or better yet a different term for the same age range as little to differentiate between those who like diapers in their play and those who don't. In the kink community most people who refer to themselves as "little" will be into ageplay but with no interest at all in diapers, they may rarely come into play but in general it's not because the person likes them (except perhaps in certain scenarios). I just can't think of a suitable alternative name to "little" that would connect the older age range to diapers.

longallsboy said:
I definitely think I act emotionally and socially, and perhaps a little bit mentally even, like a 4 1/2 to 5 year old. When a child development professor with 45 years of experience (and who has known you for 25 years) writes a letter to Social Security saying that he thinks you are like a 5 year old emotionally and socially, what can you say? It is not unusual, according to many research studies that were done, for even Autistic college graduates, to be emotionally and socially in the 7 to 11 year old range. I'm a bit lower, probably possibly also because I didn't get the help that I should have gotten for my Autism. No one knew what Autism was when I was in elementary school. A lot of Autistic children, even those with more severe Autism, in the 1980s, fell through the cracks of the educational system. Also a lot of my friends (those with and without Autism), relatives, old elementary school teachers, grandparents of friends, past college instructors, etc. think I am indeed emotionally and socially like a 4 1/2 year old.
Yeah thankfully Autism is becoming much better recognised and understood in the last 20 years or so and but still needs improving.

longallsboy said:
I do think there is a disconnect between what people PERCEIVE OR THINK a 3 year or 4 year old child is like versus how 3 or 4 year olds REALLY actually are like, in reality. And I think this is true not only of "adult babies" but also with normal people, including even sometimes, believe it or not, parents of actual children.
Definitely agree here, it's certainly not purely an ABDL thing to misunderstand at what points children are capable of different things. and it goes both ways too, most people underestimate what they are like and can do at different stages but there are also people who overestimate it too.
I've met parents who are genuinely shocked their child is not expected to be reading simple books at 3 years old or doing basic math, sure some children can but they are usually the exception (and often turn out to be on the spectrum).

longallsboy said:
Most (if not almost all) 3 to 3 1/2 year olds do not say things using baby talk or an infantile manner of speech at all. Even some 2 1/2 year olds (30 month olds) can talk in full complete sentences.
Younger than that even, First words are generally around 7-12 months, though simplistic and often slurred, jumbled or mispronounced, like baba for bottle. This is where we get the idea of "baby talk" but they rapidily pick up new words and sounds and by 2 years old most children will be stringing multiple words together and forming basic sentences.

Now those sentences may not be correctly formed and have incorrect or missing words or words may still not be fully clear, they also tend to be broken into smaller individual "concepts", like "me want water" or "i'm hungy" follwed by "I have a appaw?".

By 3, barring any developmental delays with speech, nearly all children will be speaking quite clearly in not only fully and correctly formed sentences but also combining concepts together, like "I want a drink, can you get me some juice from the fridge please" or "can you get me down my {random toy}, it's in the cupboard on the top shelf and I can't reach it".

longallsboy said:
I have had plenty of friends in the preschool age range, and I have had logical full blown conversations with preschoolers. No 4 year old I have met uses baby talk to communicate, and it is absurd to even think so. You could just see even how most 3 and 4 year olds talk on shows like Supernanny, if you look at YouTube. I have had kids in their early 3s have a full understandable conversation with me even. There are exceptions, of course.....I have Classic Autism and ADHD and I had delayed acquisition of language and didn't talk till I was 3 1/2 to 4 years old, but most nonautistic normal 4 year olds have great sentence structure and can talk very coherently. I would even say some of them talk better and more logically than some people that I've seen who are adults who are politicians!! 🙄😜 Including the one that is currently in the White House. He makes 4 year olds look very smart, by comparison.
LMAO I am making no comment about certain politicians besides, yes 🤣 .
But it's not just speech either, there is also the ability to understand various and even quite complex concepts, I have had deep and detailed conversations with a couple of 4 year olds that have led to me having to explain what a polymer chain is, how they are formed and what it means and have then had them weeks later bring it up, correctly, in a random conversations... I didn't learn about polymers until secondary school (11-12 years old).

Stefie said:
Sry for making the mistake, I mostly based it on how I felt at the time, I will use baby/AB from now on thanks for the info. I maybe jumped the gun because I enjoyed my time acting like a baby alone at home for an hour for the first time, but recently I tried it again but can't get into it since I didn't know how long they would be gone and mostly knew they would be back around 10 minutes or 20 minutes or 30 minutes later, which caused me to struggle to renact it again, which makes me kinda sad. In anycase, I like the generalization categories alot more, it helps to give room for the person to enact themselves anyway they want in their respective categories.
No need to be sorry, go with whatever system you feel suits you best that's one of the great things about this is it's highly individual. just go with the flow and let things naturally progress to whatever level makes you happiest. The point I was trying to make is that putting an age on yourself is not really all that important, what matters is how you actually "feel" in the moment, which comes from doing things.

Age is an abstract concept that you can't "feel", an age is just a number. You can feel excited watching cartoons, or content playing with Lego, You can feel sleepy, or perhaps grumpy because you're hungry, you can feel sad because of something that happened, but you can't feel 3. So simply enjoy regressing and let your little side out and play away without worrying if you are doing it right just because of a number.

I hope you can get some more time to explore, it's always awkward when time is limited or you don't know when other people may be around.

Reactions: MaxDiaper, longallsboy and Stefie
Back