I was watching Fairly Odd Parents

JonahAteAWhale

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I got a weird idea that Fairly Odd Parents were advertising diapers. Maybe I was just imagining it, but in one bit they come out of a supermarket and say they've been buying diapers, but they're for Cosmo! And then he shows off his diaper, and I'm pretty sure he said, "You get to wear diapers!" or something like that... also I was playing High on Life, and you meet a guy called Wet Wilson, and he's like, "I'm peeing right now as we speak!" And it's really funny. So I guess these things could just be for comedy, but I am noticing a lot of diaper references in things... do you think they're advertising through tv shows/games? I know other things get product placement.

Reactions: AJFan2020 and Dry247
I just rewatched powerpuff girls for like the 4th time, and there are at least 3 episodes with diaper jokes in them. My favorite is when the girls all think they are wetting the bed (but its actually mojo jojo pouring water on their bed at night to drive them crazy) anyways the mayor tells bubbles when she asks him for advice that she should just wear diapers - prevent nighttime accidents and reclaim your fountain of youth!!! lol

Anyways no, I believe in subliminal advertising but not for something as atypical as diapers lol. Though there MIGHT be a conspiracy to trigger this 'fetish' in kids. Who knows???? :p

StrawberryPan said:
I just rewatched powerpuff girls for like the 4th time, and there are at least 3 episodes with diaper jokes in them. My favorite is when the girls all think they are wetting the bed (but its actually mojo jojo pouring water on their bed at night to drive them crazy) anyways the mayor tells bubbles when she asks him for advice that she should just wear diapers - prevent nighttime accidents and reclaim your fountain of youth!!! lol

Anyways no, I believe in subliminal advertising but not for something as atypical as diapers lol. Though there MIGHT be a conspiracy to trigger this 'fetish' in kids. Who knows???? :p
Well Cosmo wore diapers for most of the series. The jokes were really funny. I dunno maybe it's just cause diapers are funny lol. But if they have been advertising to me all my childhood and adulthood even in cartoons I am watching, well, makes sense why I like them so much!

Back