I want to live in a group house but I don't know if I'll be able to hide my abdl

Joules

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I've been debating whether to move to a single apartment or a group house and I decided I like to live with other people. The only major downside I can't reckon with is my abdl. I want to be able to wear for extended periods of time and not risk my housemates finding out. I want to be able to wear cloth and that's bulky and hard to wash. Plus, what if I forget about it and someone flips my laundry for me?! I've spent a long time looking forward to being able to walk around the house naked / in only a dip. I wanna play video games and watch TV with a binky in my mouth, etc. At the same time, I'd be compromising on a LOT of other stuff just for abdl.

Anyone been in this situation before and have advice?

Joules said:
I've been debating whether to move to a single apartment or a group house and I decided I like to live with other people. The only major downside I can't reckon with is my abdl. I want to be able to wear for extended periods of time and not risk my housemates finding out. I want to be able to wear cloth and that's bulky and hard to wash. Plus, what if I forget about it and someone flips my laundry for me?! I've spent a long time looking forward to being able to walk around the house naked / in only a dip. I wanna play video games and watch TV with a binky in my mouth, etc. At the same time, I'd be compromising on a LOT of other stuff just for abdl.

Never heard of group house before
is that just a bunch of roommates? Own room but shared common areas?

If rooms are private / locked fairly easy to hide diapers
throwing them out will be fairly easy just take them bagged to main garbage area

SparkyDog said:
Never heard of group house before
is that just a bunch of roommates? Own room but shared common areas?

If rooms are private / locked fairly easy to hide diapers
throwing them out will be fairly easy just take them bagged to main garbage area
Yea shared house with roommates, but I had specific concerns in my post

Reactions: Saltedcaramel64
Joules said:

I don’t think you can wear cloth in a shared house without a real risk of getting caught. Either compromise and wear disposables until you have a place of your own - what I always did at uni / in shared housing - or give up on sharing.

Reactions: littledub1955
Yea have to agree with others sharing and wearing cloth will be quite difficult
Maybe wear disposable untill you can live solo

I mean cloth isn't the end-all be-all. Is it possible to live the lifestyle in a shared house?

I have lived in a few shared houses when I was at university. I never wore at first as I waited until I kind of new what the rhythm of the house and my housemates was so that I knew when they were and weren’t likely to be around and how likely anybody was to lock on my door etc. My first year at uni in shared halls people were always in and out of each other’s rooms so I don’t think I wore at all that year as it felt too risky, but to be honest I was so busy I don’t think I really wanted.

The other years I did wear diapers sometimes as there was more privacy, usually I saved wearing for when I was in my room but sometimes I would wear in other areas of the house like the shared lounge if nobody else was home. Obviously I would make sure I was dressed in a way that would hide it (usually wore a baggy hoody or a dressing gown to cover my crotch/ bum) and I don’t think anybody ever suspected anything. I only wore disposables though, I don’t think I would have risked cloth. I can’t really imagine how you would wash and dry cloth diapers discretely in a shared house. If you want to wear diapers I think you will have to compromise and not wear cloth and obviously walking around in just a diaper isn’t appropriate either, you will probably need to ensure it’s covered up even when you’re in your room in case someone comes in or the fire alarm goes off etc.

As for pacifiers, I have never hidden my pacifiers and have always been very open about them with people when I’ve been living with them. They’re non-negotiable for me so whilst I wouldn’t necessarilly use them in front of other people I wouldn’t hide the, either so I just used to leave them lying around in my room and if anyone asked if just say I liked to use one sometimes. That said there was a bit of a trend for them back then in certain groups of teens and I’m not sure on your gender but I think that quirks like pacifiers are probably more accepted if you’re a girl but I wouldn’t overly worry about them. If you’re shut in your room and sucking on a pacifier with the door closed you can quickly spit it out if someone comes in and if it is discovered it’s easy enough to say you use it to stop you grinding teeth/ wanting to smoke/ snacking on foods etc.

Reactions: Joules and lilbabyjooce
I live in a group home because I'm physically disabled, and need 24/7 care. All the staff knows I'm an adult baby, and nobody cares, in fact they're very supportive and respectful. They diaper me, put my onesie or dress on me, and my baby toys are out in my bedroom where everybody can see. I DON'T hide it anymore. Nobody has to like it, or understand, but I ask for respect to help me live my lifestyle.

Reactions: Deleted member 51496, littledub1955 and dogboy
Joules said:

I live in a group house with three other people. Including me there are three men and one woman and sometimes the woman's sister would stay for a few days every now and then. I have enough diapers for a large load whenever I wash them and there has been several times that I lost track of the time and someone would put them in the dryer for me and just today I know that both girls saw my plastic pants hanging on the line I have set up in my room because if I don't shut it all the way it opens about halfway. I went to check the mail and didn't close the door all the way and when I came back with the mail they were sitting on the porch and smiling really sweet and at the same time said " Hey Dub". They didn't mention anything about what I know they both saw but I knew that they did by how they were acting. Once, about six months ago I left my diaper pins in the bathroom and one of the guys brought them to me and asked me "Are these yours"? Also the other guy has seen me wearing only my diaper and socks several times but he's been cool about it and didn't mention it to anyone. Needless to say, I believe that everyone in the house knows that I wear diapers now. I blame it on my old timers.

Reactions: Joules
Oh it's good to hear the people will generally be respectful it sounds! Have other people had similar experiences? Any bad roommate stories?

Mingus said:
I don’t think you can wear cloth in a shared house without a real risk of getting caught. Either compromise and wear disposables until you have a place of your own - what I always did at uni / in shared housing - or give up on sharing.
You're right about the risk. Believe me, I know.

Joules said:

At first I thought you meant like a group home for people with developmental disabilities like Autism or Down Syndrome (I actually have Autism but I live with my actual biological parents).

I think what you are talking about is sharing a house - which would not be unusual among "normal" nonautistic or nondisabled college age students - in fact that is common among university / college student. I had a nonautistic friend - a good friend - in college who did that.

What do you do now? Are you living with your parents or alone? If you are living with your parents, how are you hiding it from them? Do the same thing if you are sharing a home with people.

Can you find roommates that are ABDL maybe? I don't know how easy it is to find roommates like that, but just a suggestion.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
I live with a few people, and I’ve been 24/7 for awhile now. Cloth dips might be a stretch, but disposables are easy to hide.

I wear premium diapers all the time and usually only have thin lounge style shorts on and no one notices.

My 24/7 journey started with accepting myself. I love diapers and believe I belong in then full time. I’ll do my part and cover up reasonably but I don’t go above and beyond to hide my diapers. If someone would see my diaper poking out it’s whatever too me. It’s part of who I am. I’m not embarrassed.

Have you thought about meeting in the middle and getting an apartment. Then trying to get an ABDL roommate?

Str88jacketabdl said:
I live with a few people, and I’ve been 24/7 for awhile now. Cloth dips might be a stretch, but disposables are easy to hide.

I wear premium diapers all the time and usually only have thin lounge style shorts on and no one notices.

My 24/7 journey started with accepting myself. I love diapers and believe I belong in then full time. I’ll do my part and cover up reasonably but I don’t go above and beyond to hide my diapers. If someone would see my diaper poking out it’s whatever too me. It’s part of who I am. I’m not embarrassed.

Have you thought about meeting in the middle and getting an apartment. Then trying to get an ABDL roommate?
I feel like getting an ABDL roommate wouldn't be good kink-life balance. Although neither is choosing my housing arrangement based on my kink lol

longallsboy said:
At first I thought you meant like a group home for people with developmental disabilities like Autism or Down Syndrome (I actually have Autism but I live with my actual biological parents).

I think what you are talking about is sharing a house - which would not be unusual among "normal" nonautistic or nondisabled college age students - in fact that is common among university / college student. I had a nonautistic friend - a good friend - in college who did that.

What do you do now? Are you living with your parents or alone? If you are living with your parents, how are you hiding it from them? Do the same thing if you are sharing a home with people.

Can you find roommates that are ABDL maybe? I don't know how easy it is to find roommates like that, but just a suggestion.

- longallsboy
I live with my dad and I hide it from him by only doing it in my room. The situation is complicated though and I really don't spend much time outside my room and when I do, I don't bring kink out there. I want to be in a safe place when I engage in kink. The dynamic with housemates would be very different

Reactions: longallsboy
Also the fact has struck me that none of my friends are looking for houseing right now and I don't wanna live with a bunch of randos or extend the time I live with my dad, so it's looking like a single appt for me!

Reactions: Deleted member 63976
Back