I told my sister!!

BabyHailey1977

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
My sister and I are both in our 40’s and we have been close our entire life. I decided that I wanted to tell her that I’ve loved diapers pretty much my entire life. I did this for two reasons.

The first was to see if she knew about me wearing them between the ages of 10-14, and that I was caught a couple times by mom.

The second reason was to get acceptance for it. I’m happy to say that I did get it, and I’m so happy. I even sent her a picture of my diaper peeking lol. It’s been great.

Has anyone else had success telling a family member?

Reactions: checkingoutall, NappyCouple1980, BAP21 and 6 others
That's awesome!
My entire family knows
I've been 24/7 for almost a whole week and it's the best thing ever

Reactions: KrankyPants, littledreamers333, Rezzu and 5 others
JaysonTheRegressor said:
That's awesome!
My entire family knows
I've been 24/7 for almost a whole week and it's the best thing ever
That's nice to hear that they're supportive (I hope). Did you tell them because you had a medical condition or you just chose to? How did that happen?

Last edited:
Reactions: Littleboy10 and BobbiSueEllen
That's awesome. I'm glad it worked out for you. Just curious, did she in fact know that you were wearing when you were both kids?

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and BabyHailey1977
wiliawi said:
That's awesome. I'm glad it worked out for you. Just curious, did she in fact know that you were wearing when you were both kids?
Nope, she had no idea. That’s a good thing I guess.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Well, I thought this was a good thing. Then my sister and her family went camping over the weekend and things changed.

She sent me a message saying that she doesn’t want to hear about my diapers, doesn’t want to talk about them. That if I need to talk to someone, talk to my therapist.

it sounds like she had a conversation with someone. Her tone completely changed. Doesn’t sound too accepting anymore.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: KrankyPants, Lyokodl, hoimi and 4 others
Yow...

Reactions: Lyric and BabyHailey1977
I’m sorry to hear it didn’t go well.

It is for this reason that I will never tell a soul apart from my partner who already knows and participates because it was something that she found out about very very early on in the relationship (as a result of her wearing an adult nappy to a university society initiation thing along with a load of her friends).

Ouch ... I think I felt that dagger all the way here in Alabama. Sorry to hear that happened big hugs 🤗 to you

Reactions: Lyokodl, BabyHailey1977 and BobbiSueEllen
IDDiaperboy said:
Well, I thought this was a good thing. Then my sister and her family went camping over the weekend and things changed.

She sent me a message saying that she doesn’t want to hear about my diapers, doesn’t want to talk about them. That if I need to talk to someone, talk to my therapist.

it sounds like she had a conversation with someone. Her tone completely changed. Doesn’t sound too accepting anymore.

I can see this has upset you, and I'm sorry about that. I think you might have an unusual view of what's appropriate to share, though. She may have felt that sharing the picture you referred to was overstepping the bounds of what's appropriate.

You have made other posts on this forum that indicate that you feel a great need to share this with other people. This isn't something I can identify with, because I don't feel any such need myself. Do you have people you can talk to in real life who know all this about you and can help you figure out why you feel this need to have more people know?

Reactions: tiny, Lyokodl, BabyHailey1977 and 1 other person
Hiya, Grayham...this is something that is an average situation in most AB/DLs' lives. We've all disclosed to others of various relationships...and with, of course, various results.

That's just the chance we all take with this unique Pandora's Box. Ultimately, we accept the results and reconcile ourselves to the fact that, odd or worrisome as it may seem to others, it sure isn't as hazardous as other human outlets, such as taking one's sports car to 140 mph, drinking every weekend, getting into fights or other things which tend to attract the hairy eyeball of the law...or, sadly, a surgeon or an undertaker.

Just my .000000002 Bitcoin.

Reactions: Lyokodl, NooNoo, BabyHailey1977 and 1 other person
I have never told anyone in my family. They have either snooped around to find either my stash or ab cloths or I let my guard slip.

Ultimately... what it comes down to is... the urge to talk to someone about it and you would usually start with the closest and most trusted.

The other thing is.... we usually over estimate that what we trust.

I‘ve seen lots of fellow ab/dls a victim of this. It’s not exclusively to nappies either, those who out themselves as gay/lesbian or expecting a baby or dating a black or white person...

My mum certainly disagreed that I was dating a non European and then was expecting a baby. That just didn’t go well with her.

Sorry it didn’t work out and hopefully the relationship with your wonderful sis carries on. She may have spoken to someone or researched it online.

As for you... I wouldn’t change anything, I wouldn’t even bother with a therapist.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: NooNoo, BabySkye75 and BobbiSueEllen
IDDiaperboy said:
My sister and I are both in our 40’s and we have been close our entire life. I decided that I wanted to tell her that I’ve loved diapers pretty much my entire life. I did this for two reasons.

The first was to see if she knew about me wearing them between the ages of 10-14, and that I was caught a couple times by mom.

The second reason was to get acceptance for it. I’m happy to say that I did get it, and I’m so happy. I even sent her a picture of my diaper peeking lol. It’s been great.

Has anyone else had success telling a family member?
That's cool very glad it work out .I can't do that I'm 56

• Wow
Reactions: BabyHailey1977 and BobbiSueEllen
abjimbob86 said:
I have never told anyone in my family. They have either snooped around to find either my stash or ab cloths or I let my guard slip.

Ultimately... what it comes down to is... the urge to talk to someone about it and you would usually start with the closest and most trusted.

The other thing is.... we usually over estimate that what we trust.

I‘ve seen lots of fellow ab/dls a victim of this. It’s not exclusively to nappies either, those who out themselves as gay/lesbian or expecting a baby or dating a black or white person...

My mum certainly disagreed that I was dating a non European and then was expecting a baby. That just didn’t go well with her.

Sorry it didn’t work out and hopefully the relationship with your wonderful sis carries on. She may have spoken to someone or researched it online.

As for you... I wouldn’t change anything, I wouldn’t even bother with a therapist.
Excellent and well said as someone who is transgender and an ab I connect with almost everything here, I don’t however recommend not seeing a therapist I have one and he is extremely open to me and what I say, there are truly dark things in my past and need him to help sort out the garbage rumbling around in my head, I see him for me not for anyone else

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
IDDiaperboy said:

i can suggest to try and ask here openly what change here tone. ask here with who she had the conversation and way she is taking it so hard.
explaine to here that you didnt mean to involve here in your private fetish, but just felt that you so close that you can share with here you secret lifestyle.
maybe you will manage to soft it a bit

Reactions: BabyHailey1977 and Littleboy10
Might just need a little time. We don't think much of it all but it can be a bit if a shock to some, like it was to my mom at first.

Reactions: BAP21, BabyHailey1977, BabySkye75 and 1 other person
Sorry to hear it didn’t go as you hoped. But I must say that I don’t understand why you felt the need to share this with her. I always look at things from a risk/benefit perspective. Is the benefit you may have gained from letting her know worth the impact to your relationship?
I understand the need for affirmation. I’m still looking for it from my wife. And I believe that, like it or not, the general population does not view this fetish as anything but weird. If so many of our spouses don’t accept this, how can you expect others to accept it. So I manage my expectations and don’t expect to get affirmation anywhere else. Other than perhaps a psychiatrist if I ever were to get one.

Reactions: BabyHailey1977, RedPandaDL, db80 and 1 other person
Sorry about your sisters response but I suspect the photo may have over stept the line. Most Brothers and sisters don't feel comfortable with discussing or showing thear sexual behavior with each other. It might not be sexual for you but it probably looks that way to most people out side the community.
Hopefully you can talk to her and sort it out soon.
Good luck and hope it works out for you

Reactions: SpacemanJack, Kayleigh, BabyHailey1977 and 2 others
My twin brother knows I’m abdl

• Love
Reactions: Lyokodl, BabyHailey1977 and BobbiSueEllen
Back