I think I need diapers and that's unsettling

stareegirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Okay before anyone says anything I am aware of the problem and I have seen a doctor. It was a bad reaction to medication that caused my bladder issues, so the doctors agree it's better to avoid drugs if at all possible. All the test came back clear if anyones wondering about that. I'm been into age regression for awhile so I've gotten confidant in buying kids stuff, pull ups and even diapers. I didn't use to need protection until the doctors mistake after that being padded was not a comfort and wanted nothing to do with it. I do keep pull ups on hand I suppose it's still better than having a noticeable accident. But I rarely need them if I stay near a bathroom so there's not much to dispose of. Nighttime is a different matter I can't predict what my bladder's gonna do and I really should be wearing protection. But pull ups don't cut it they leak, I've looked into it and the only thing on the market that would work are tape up diapers, I wish they made pull ups for bed wetting. Buying actual diapers feels like a defeat and it makes me feel a lot worse about the situation. I know part of that is the stigma attached to it. I imagine part of my nervousness is due to joining this community and changes in my life. Someone from my past has moved in with me and I'd prefer to keep this problem to myself. We share a bathroom which is where I was keeping my diaper pail/ trash can and this new person is close to me so I can rarely go to the store without her. I'm having a lot of trouble buying and disposing of the product I need around my new room mate. I'm also conflicted because I don't want to refer to my protection as a diaper even if it is one and I really don't want to wear them. I've been staying up half the night to keep the sheets dry and on the rare occasion I do go to bed earlier I have to wash everything it's really annoying. I'm aware that I should just accept that I'm a bed wetter with some daytime accidents but I'm struggling with it.

Having to realize you have no chice then starting to wear protection from a medical IC (be it 24 /7 or nighttime only or day time only is usely not a easy thing to have to deal with . But trying to hide it or having problems in being able to reveal youe need for diapers etc... for youre partner is a NO winning concept im afraid ,sooner or later said partner WILL find this out dear . and had it been in my case i would rather telling my partner about my medical problems and what im forced to do to keep this in some cind of order ,If said partner loves you then this shouldent be a problem. The price you currently having to pay is in my humble and personal opinion WAY to high dear

We all have our own way of being able to accept the fact that we are IC and forced to wear protection dear and for some its easier then others, Give it time dear BUT trying to hide this from youre partner and the price you seem to have to pay is NOT going to end well so you really should try to talk to youre partner about this for BOTH youre sakes

Missy1, I realize I forgot to space between paragraphs and it may have been difficult to read, I'll make a note to be more careful in the future.

This girl isn't my partner she's between a close friend and family member to me. But she is my loved one.
We're room mates but we have own bedrooms we just share a bathroom.
As for the rest you said I need time to process that.

The space and all that is all for me to be able to have some order in what i write dear (i have among a gazillion other diagnosis Dyslexia so that wasent meant to be hint to you dear.) but yes for me this lumped messages is a nightmare to read.

A okey well in that case its up to you if you decide if she is to be trusted or not with youre IC problems BUT still as you do share certain space id say its gonna be revealed one time or another. However you dont have to have youre IC products in said shared bathroom you can easily have it in youre room (i have all my IC products in my bedroom and im single even

I compleatly understand and agree dont do anything rash take you're time dear

Il leave you with this words you have NOTHING to feel ashamed of this is MEDICAL IC and you have NO choice in either wear this darn things or paying the very steep price of risking to wet youre self when ever however . I choose the first option my self and have accepted my faith (However in my case this being IC is NOTHING compared to what my other diagnosis have managed to destroy for me in RL 😢 )

May also humbly suggest you think of the possibility to ad a good IC Mattress cover And IC bed wear (you can have it under youre ord bed wear, and also some PUL IC pants wich will give you another layer of protection against leeks and buy you some time & also reduce the smell (PUL lets youre ... breath and no crinkle sounds )

Believe me, I know, its hard, but the best thing for you is to just sit her down and be honest with her.
You are currently having some medical issues & the best way to handle them right now is with diapers.

Yes, I know it is an embarrassing thing to bring up, but you do live with her which means there is a chance that she will find out anyway.
The daily stress you're feeling about having to hide them and how she might react is worse then any negative reaction she might have.
Which if she is that close of a friend I do not see how she could react badly to a Medical problem.

You will not believe the weight that is lifted by telling a close friend & room mate.
Even if she somehow disapproves [which why should she, you need them] just knowing you no longer have to hide this is still a huge win.

Reactions: Paulsa
Sorry to hear you have to join our incontinence club acceptence of needing diapers at first is allways hard but once you do and you find a diaper you can trust (I use Betterdry diapers or Crinklz) and have learned to trust them to do thier job you will find dealing with bladder issues is not thst bad.

Remember you are not alone in needing diapers 24/7 as an adult and deciding to wear diapers is not giving up as you can still try to make the bathroom when you can but knowing you are protected incase you do not make it is a great feeling. Try not to worry about your roommate finding out as the stress level is not worth it, there is nothing to be ashamed of in needing diapers and every one who has been informed or found out I need to wear have been very understanding and supportive

It's not easy admitting that you need diapers I for one didn't like it when I started having wetting issues, but acceptance does come and when it does worry and fear will subside. Sometimes quickly sometimes slowly but it will happen. For me acceptance came, but it took awhile I still have days I wish I didn't need diapers

Reactions: eastcoastdl and Ebabyboy12
Don’t think of it as defeat, think of it as covering a problem (literally). If you have vision issues, you wear glasses right? Diapers are the same deal

Reactions: Carnifex and Dinotopian2002
Hi Stareegirl

When many people develop incontinence issues, realise that medication isn’t working and that surgery is too high-risk, they realise that diapers are the only way to manage things effectively. And yet, so many people find them very, very difficult to accept, even though wearing diapers is a practical medical solution.

What you’re struggling with is the stigma that diapers have - as humans, we’re coded to believe that diapers are just for babies or old people, unless you’re severely disabled. As such, anyone who is incontinent or a bedwetter between the ages of 5-65 can find it emotionally difficult to accept their need to wear diapers.

To give you an idea of how extreme this stigma can get, I have been wearing diapers of some form since 2007 after getting sick with a chronic illness which attacks my nervous system and leaves me in severe chronic pain from the waist down, which means I can only walk short distances at a time and I use a wheelchair.

By comparison, I found it easier to adjust to using my wheelchair then adjusting to my diapers. This is despite being in a number of situations when I’ve not been able to find an accessible bathroom and wearing diapers would have been practical even if I didn’t have bladder issues.

And how long did it take me to adjust? Eleven years. The main reason was because it took me that long to get a diagnosis which connected my incontinence to my chronic illness. Before this I was seeing it as two separate issues, which happened to start around the same time. As it turns out, bladder control can be affected by this illness, but it’s not a common symptom. And as this illness is so little known it’s no wonder that I didn’t realise this before. I just wished that could have got this news sooner so I could have spent less time having serious worries about it.

I realise that my case is a little different but when I began opening up to people about it they were very understanding. The vast majority of adults will accept you wearing diapers if it’s for a medical issue. And if your housemate is as close to you as you are to her, then you shouldn’t have any problems, because she’ll have recognised you’re struggling with something. And when your best friends know it’s a real weight off your shoulders. A problem shared is a problem halved.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Reactions: Deleted member 43473, MandyBear, LeakingOut and 3 others
jasonm03 said:
It's not easy admitting that you need diapers I for one didn't like it when I started having wetting issues, but acceptance does come and when it does worry and fear will subside. Sometimes quickly sometimes slowly but it will happen. For me acceptance came, but it took awhile I still have days I wish I didn't need diapers
I feel The exact same way. Most days, I don't care about my need to wear diapers, in fact sometimes I even appreciate being in diapers and then there are days where I just wished, I wouldn't need diapers, and shouldn't worry about whether my diaper showing etc.

Reactions: Dinotopian2002
I decided I'd rather wear protection, get a good night's sleep and not have a rushed morning. I still prefer descristion in dealing with this. My roommate and the people I live with aren't bad people they'd eventual understand. I can't speak for the people they bring in the house. but I'll deal with that when it comes.

I still wish they made bedwetting pull ups for adults, it would feel more dignified to me. Smell and disposable has been an issue, I'm still looking for ways to manage that.

My body is trying to heal I don't know if it ever fully will. But that means sometimes I can go without protection during the day. I'll deal with it on a day to day basis.

I appreciate the advice given by those who have more experience in dealing with this kinda thing.

Reactions: Deleted member 44276 and Dinotopian2002
I fully understand what your saying I have had the same problems since 2010, when through no fault or choosing of my own I became incontinent shortly after turning 30 years of age.

I also have had to revert back to wearing diapers like i am a toddler again and yes at times even I get dis heartened by the whole thing, but don't give up, try reaching out for support as that's what everyone here is trying to achieve accept yourself don't fight it.

This is how I have learned to live again in the full knowledge I have to wear diapers for the rest of my life.

Don't ever feel embarrased or ashamed just be yourself.

Yours sincerly
Chinababy888.

Back