I suspect my family is on to me. What should I do?

GoodnitesAreGoat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I always cover my diaper stash with tee shirts in the back of my closet. I came home today and found the tee shirt placed to the side. I am pretty sure I did not leave it like that. This is the second time this has happened. I know if my parents knew I was a diaper lover they probably would not be happy. I have a history of bedwetting so there is a possibility they might think that I started to wet the bed again and did not tell them. What is your advice on handling the situation?

Reactions: TigerDL, TheDideeboy, littledreamers333 and 2 others
If they haven't said anything then you shouldn't say anything. If they bring it up, you can say I'd rather not discuss it...if they think you are back to bedwetting then they probably won't press it.

Reactions: TigerDL, mistykitty, littlemoosey and 12 others
Alastair said:
If they haven't said anything then you shouldn't say anything. If they bring it up, you can say I'd rather not discuss it...if they think you are back to bedwetting then they probably won't press it.
That's a good idea.

Reactions: mistykitty and PearlandDL
I don't know what your relationship is with your parents, but if asked and "I'd rather not discuss it" won't work, I'd be wary of trying to make anything up. You could end up explaining this to the family doctor. Start thinking now about how you might break or downplay the "DL news" to them if pressed. Plan ahead.

Reactions: mistykitty, theancientmariner and PearlandDL
GoodnitesAreGoat said:
I always cover my diaper stash with tee shirts in the back of my closet. I came home today and found the tee shirt placed to the side. I am pretty sure I did not leave it like that. This is the second time this has happened. I know if my parents knew I was a diaper lover they probably would not be happy. I have a history of bedwetting so there is a possibility they might think that I started to wet the bed again and did not tell them. What is your advice on handling the situation?
I think someone is telling you that they know, but leaving it up to you to decide what to do about it. If they wanted a confrontation, then I think you would’ve had one by now. Do you have a guess as to which of your parents found them?

Reactions: mistykitty
NudistMD said:
I think someone is telling you that they know, but leaving it up to you to decide what to do about it. If they wanted a confrontation, then I think you would’ve had one by now. Do you have a guess as to which of your parents found them?
I do not have any suspicions at the moment. I desperately need to find a way to explain being a DL. My mom recently found out I watch ASMR videos and didn't like that. If she had any idea I was wearing for fun or pleasure I imagine her head would explode. The thought of her researching AB/DL and finding out I have anything to do with it scares me. I imagine my dad would take it better. I have no idea if they plan to interrogate me but I need a plan and fast.

Reactions: PearlandDL
GoodnitesAreGoat said:
I do not have any suspicions at the moment. I desperately need to find a way to explain being a DL. My mom recently found out I watch ASMR videos and didn't like that. If she had any idea I was wearing for fun or pleasure I imagine her head would explode. The thought of her researching AB/DL and finding out I have anything to do with it scares me. I imagine my dad would take it better. I have no idea if they plan to interrogate me but I need a plan and fast.
What was the big deal with ASMR videos? Did she think they were some kind of cult phenomenon or something like that?

Reactions: Prillprillprill
Own it.

Albertapampers said:
That’s much easier said than done for many people. It sounds like the original poster is still financially dependent on his parents, and they have the ability to make his life utterly miserable.

Reactions: TigerDL, mistykitty, dogboy and 5 others
NudistMD said:
What was the big deal with ASMR videos? Did she think they were some kind of cult phenomenon or something like that?
She didn't like the idea of "women whispering in my ear to calm me down." In hindsight, I should not have used the phrase "calm me down" when defending myself.

NudistMD said:
That’s much easier said than done for many people. It sounds like the original poster is still financially dependent on his parents, and they have the ability to make his life utterly miserable.
Yes very true. I could be homeless. I want to move out when I can but that is challenging these days.

Reactions: TigerDL and PearlandDL
GoodnitesAreGoat said:
She didn't like the idea of "women whispering in my ear to calm me down." In hindsight, I should not have used the phrase "calm me down" when defending myself.
Meh, it’s akin to white noise. You could have chosen ocean sounds or rain falling to help fall asleep. She sounds a bit judgemental.

Reactions: Prillprillprill
If they are going to be weirded out by the whole ABDL thing, maybe best to go with the bedwetting story since they kind of know that anyway. Sounds like they would probably accept that excuse and move on (hopefully). If they wanted you to do a doctor visit, you could always say there isn't really a need because it is infrequent. If they ask why you have diapers if it is infrequent, you could always say that you prefer to be safe than sorry which is why you use at night. I probably wouldn't bring it up though since you don't really know if they know or not. Maybe move the stash for now as well. Are we talking a big stash or like one package? If it is one package, you could probably hide them under a bed, or between the mattresses, or under a dresser or something. Maybe separate them out of the package to hide them in several smaller stashes. A lot of this depends on your parents and your relationship with them. If they are understanding then maybe you could tell them, but from what you posted earlier, it sounds like they wouldn't be.

It's quite a stash. I don't think I could hide it anywhere else other than where it is. I don't plan on bringing it up but if they do I will go with bedwetting. And I will just hope that they don't research and find out about AB/DL.

That's kind of how I broke it to my parents. My mom knew from when she helped me move once since I'm in the military.

I should say I'm already independent from my parents with my own life. When I lived at home growing up, I couldn't indulge in diapers at all, but my mom found used ones before when I took some Goodnites from a cousin once. My dad also found a used diaper in the trash once and wanted to ask me about it, but I declined. I thought he wouldn't find it because it was in a bad and I'd shredded it into pieces, but he was cleaning out the garage that day where I hid it to throw away discretely.

Anyways, years later I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. Leading up to it, the apnea had actually caused me to bedwet for several weeks leading up to my diagnosis, but I was already on my own and wore diapers at night anyways. I didn't get it put in my military record, since it hasn't happened since getting a CPAP and it's potentially grounds for an early retirement. Having bedwetting actually happen didn't surprised me, I wasn't worried about it; ironically it's something I've always fantasized about though I sleep like absolute crap without my CPAP and don't wet the bed as long as I use it.

When I went home next I finally just told my mom and dad and my dad said "gee, sorry son that that happened to you." Though I think he somehow knew because my mom probably told him during the years I moved away. So it wasn't as bad as I thought, so now I can thankfully just take out my own trash at their house when I visit and they don't say anything. That's how I think they finally accepted it. So yeah, bedwetting for me was real and doesn't often happen now that I have a CPAP, but it definitely gave me a valid excuse to wear them without it being awkward and gives me security for when it happens when my mask falls off when I sleep. I DO keep all my ABDL clothing and sissy pink stuff hidden and only wear white ones of Bambino Bellisimo's at home since they're mostly white, wearing my ABDL pajamas and plastic pants at night in my own bedroom with the door locked since thankfully they respect my privacy; this wasn't always the case as they used to open the door and wake me up because I slept all day growing up with undiagnosed sleep apnea. Leaving soon after some time on leave at their house, I'm just going to keep some Secure X-Plus white diapers in my bedroom drawer and not worry about it anymore.

I know it's not 100% applicable to your situation, but I hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: Subtlerustle, PearlandDL and NudistMD
If they know they would say something tell them you have a bladder problem if they do xxx

Reactions: Kellycares and PearlandDL
Subtlerustle said:
Meh, it’s akin to white noise. You could have chosen ocean sounds or rain falling to help fall asleep. She sounds a bit judgemental.
As someone who grew up in the Satanic Panic 1980s, people get worked up about some pretty harmless things. Hard to look at Ozzy Osbourne today as a doddering grandpa and think that he was viewed as a direct pipeline to hell. But some did and do.

Reactions: TigerDL, stinkape, FrenchFriedOnion and 3 others
Albertapampers said:
Think twice please. It is not easy to know you are a DL - never mind let others that you want to respect you know. You need to respect and trust yourself first - before you get anyone else involved IMO. We are each on our own journey. Words are like toothpaste. Once they come out of the tube, they don't go back in! just pause and think. If you need time, have your plan. I do not see a big risk in saying you wear them to bed because you sleep better and are not stressed about an accident. That is 100% true (at least I think it is).

PearlandDL said:
If they are going to be weirded out by the whole ABDL thing, maybe best to go with the bedwetting story since they kind of know that anyway. Sounds like they would probably accept that excuse and move on (hopefully). If they wanted you to do a doctor visit, you could always say there isn't really a need because it is infrequent. If they ask why you have diapers if it is infrequent, you could always say that you prefer to be safe than sorry which is why you use at night. I probably wouldn't bring it up though since you don't really know if they know or not. Maybe move the stash for now as well. Are we talking a big stash or like one package? If it is one package, you could probably hide them under a bed, or between the mattresses, or under a dresser or something. Maybe separate them out of the package to hide them in several smaller stashes. A lot of this depends on your parents and your relationship with them. If they are understanding then maybe you could tell them, but from what you posted earlier, it sounds like they wouldn't be.
LOL - but be very careful.. I used the dispersed stashing once.... And I forgot some of my own hiding spots.... In fact, I am sure there is a small pile in this damn house somewhere. I fear when I move.. Like diapers will come falling out of the celling tiles ... I'm like... WTF what are those things... I heard about those crazy AB people - I wonder what else the guy I bought this house from was into. .. LOL

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TigerDL, denimchicken, Prillprillprill and 1 other person
It can be very difficult to try to explain some personal, and seemingly bizarre, characteristic to others; especially when one probably doesn't have a clear idea what the root cause of the motivation is to engage in certain things. When people are not able to fully understand something they make things up to try to make sense of things. When confronted, one might come up with an array of excuses, probably none of them accurate. A valid and honest response for many might be the simplest, "I dunno. I like it". Of course that'll lead to an avalanche of questions with no clear answers. Sometimes some information from some authoritative might be helpful, at least as a starting point. This article, among others from the same place, might be useful in shedding light. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7068517/

Reactions: diaperedmom, Prillprillprill and Subtlerustle
Back