I need support and advice

oreobaby89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So I have just started with a client who suffers from encopresis. Without giving too much detail he is 12 and suffered from it all his life. He basically gets constipated and can't go to the bathroom but will then have leaks in his underwear. A friend once made a comment to him that he smells of feces. I will be helping him cope with having this medical issues as well as the bullying issues that he has suffered because of it. So for those of those with incontinence what are some of the best ways I can support him. Help me better understand some of things that he may be going through based off your experience. Also what are things your wished people would have said to you or things you wish you would have known when you where this age. I am really hoping to get feedback from those who suffer from a similar issue when they were kids.

• Wow
Reactions: sport1
I was bed wetter when kid, no bowel issues till the spinal injury being 24 so I’m sorry but I’m afraid I cannot help. Good luck!

Get him to recognize the smell be aware when he needs to change
Help make a "go bag" change of clothes (diapers / pullups if used) Wet wipes and bags to wrap up soiled clothes.
DRs should be able to help with meds for chronic constipation / encopresis

Reactions: abdilly
oreobaby89 said:
So I have just started with a client who suffers from encopresis. Without giving too much detail he is 12 and suffered from it all his life. He basically gets constipated and can't go to the bathroom but will then have leaks in his underwear. A friend once made a comment to him that he smells of feces. I will be helping him cope with having this medical issues as well as the bullying issues that he has suffered because of it. So for those of those with incontinence what are some of the best ways I can support him. Help me better understand some of things that he may be going through based off your experience. Also what are things your wished people would have said to you or things you wish you would have known when you where this age. I am really hoping to get feedback from those who suffer from a similar issue when they were kids.
When as older adult started wetting the bed my wife stepped to help me.The 1st thing was going back to diapers with her firm support was not easy on the ego also have autism +dd.

Thank you guys for these are a lot of good insights. If you would be wiling to share some of the inner turmoil your incontince has brought you. Like what are the thoughts and emotions you struggled with and things you wished people had told you to help you cope and deal with it better.

oreobaby89 said:
Thank you guys for these are a lot of good insights. If you would be wiling to share some of the inner turmoil your incontince has brought you. Like what are the thoughts and emotions you struggled with and things you wished people had told you to help you cope and deal with it better.
support? only thing I ever got was ull grow out of it honey
nothing much beyond that
Only thing they was real support mom never made a big deal about diapers which definitely helped

Well that is unfortunate that all you mother said is you will grow out of it. What are the thing you wished she said? Or if you could talk to yourself as that kid what are the things you would say to your younger self to help him deal and cope with all of it. What where some of the emotions you had to deal with.

oreobaby89 said:
Well that is unfortunate that all you mother said is you will grow out of it. What are the thing you wished she said? Or if you could talk to yourself as that kid what are the things you would say to your younger self to help him deal and cope with all of it. What where some of the emotions you had to deal with.
Honestly I don't know
My mom passed away 2yrs ago and I'd give anything to talk to her again
My mom was the absolute best and most loving and accepting any kid could ask for
I don't think I'd change anything except maybe say I liked diapers besides needing them but never had that courage

Back