I don’t really like ABDL diapers

I've tried plain white diapers and i find them to be pretty awful.

I don't wear diapers just to use them. It's all about comfort and feeling little for me. What you dislike is what I love.

And to be perfectly honest, even if I needed diapers for medical reasons, I'd still much prefer ABDL diapers.

Last edited:
For me it all boils down to level of protection, comfort and fit. I haven't found regular brands that really do all three well. Being a wheelchair user when out and about I also have the added issue of struggling to find suitable toilets a lot of the time so whilst the capacity might seem a bit overkill, given I could have issues changing I need something that can handle two full accidents and not feel so oversaturated that it won't wick away moisture. Also, being in a wheelchair and having chronic fatigue, leaks are a massive headache and cause a lot more work so I want to be as secure as I can be.

I also feel that there's one area that isn't covered at all by regular brands and that's high capacity, cloth backed products. When I'm doing physio exercise or when it's hot plastic backed products are a no-no and cause huge skin issues. The regular cloth backed products also leak for me so the advent of high capacity, cloth products has been a godsend.

Having said that, I do have big issues with ABDL products - namely the prints and the availability. The prints are super cringe and super embarrassing and so I'd never wear a printed product to a medical appointment. However, oddly I've found that plain products from these brands are often more expensive. For example, looking at NRU - it's £76.99 for 40 Str8ups and they don't have hook and loop tapes. It's £78.95 for the plain white Tykables. However, 40 Tykables overnights are £71.95. I don't get why the Str8ups are more expensive when they don't have hook and loop tapes and indeed you'd think no prints would make things cheaper. Similarly, I don't get why Tykables charge more for the plain product than the printed product. Thus, ironically, I've found it's more cost-effective to go for the printed products and just keep a stock of the pricier, plain products for medical appointments/treatment.

The availability also frustrates me, especially as it's become more of an issue in the UK in the last few years. Given I mustn't be the only IC person who uses them for a valid need, I wish there was some sort of priority for IC folks (I'm aware this will probably annoy the ABDL folks and no offence intended). Plus, linked to the print issue, it seems products like the AlphaGatorZ are incredibly popular due to the prints and so there are stock issues, however given the product range of high-capacity cloth backed products is limited, I wish there was a cheaper, plainer, more available version.

So yeah, it's a love/hate relationship with me and ABDL products. Love the security and comfort they give me and the decreased fatigue due to far, far fewer leaks. Plus, changing is a nightmare and 2 tape products are easier. However, hate the prints and everything that goes along with that. I also feel awkward having to order from sites like NRU and ABU.

The only ABDL diapers I like are the ones with hook and loop tapes. I wish more decent medical diapers had that kind of closure system. Being able to refasten the tapes whenever needed is a huge positive if you don't wear for #2. I could take or leave the prints, I don't really care. You aren't going to see them anyways if you wear a onesie over it (like a good baby)

I really want ABU to make a two tape all white diaper. Similar to SDK but no print.

• Love
Reactions: jamiejamie and InconLifer
SHUN THE NONBELIEVER!!!

Kidding, of course. In all reality, everyone has their own opinion. Me personally, I like ABDL diapers. I like the way they fit, the way they feel, the way they look, and the way they perform over more medical brands and that’s okay. Some folks prefer one thing and some prefer the other. Doesn’t mean anyone’s wrong or right, it’s just what you like 😄

I honestly love ABDL diapers. I bought some BetterDry, which I've worn a lot in the past, because I thought it would save me money in the long run if I had some cheaper diapers to mix into the rotation, but I hardly wear them because ABDL diapers are just such high quality. I find them a lot more comfortable. I much prefer hook-and-loop tapes. I agree that the capacity is excessive and I'd love to see more ABDL prints with lower capacity but I guess it's what sells.

I am so glad that positional printing is a thing now. I last purged before positionally printed diapers existed, and it had always been what I wanted. So I came back to a treat lol.

• Love
Reactions: PrincessNozomi and bigtoddler96
Hakanloaim said:
I think I’ve tried quite a lot of them, and each time I’m disappointed. They are always a bit too large (size M) or way too small (size S). They are too wide. They are too thick. They are made in China—I even think they are from the same factory if not the same machines. Heck, they even absorb way too much. What’s the point of 10 liters capacity? 4 is far enough IMO. Sure, medical diapers aren’t as fun and could absorb a bit more. But they are way more comfortable and less bulky. I also think that medical diapers are more “real” than ABDL diapers, if you know what I mean.

Anyone else thinks the same? Seeing people all over ADISC using them almost exclusively makes me wondering what is so great about them. I mean, of course they’re cute and all but I can’t imagine wearing something for long periods of time if it’s that uncomfortable.
That’s okay. It just sounds like you haven’t found the right kind of diaper yet for your needs.

For my own two cents, I’m in medical diapers at least 60% of the time. If I’m wearing ABDL diapers, it’s more often because I need that extra absorbency, rather than because of the prints. Either because I’m traveling long distance without access to a toilet, or my fatigue has flared up (I’m chronically sick).

It can be somewhat uncomfortable but when you can’t change as often, it’s much better than leaking.

Pretty much every ABDL diaper also comes in a plain white. Some come in different plain block colors too. InControl, Forsite and Northshore Megamax are all decent options.

But I’ll be honest, IMO, speaking as someone who’s medically IC, not an AB and purely a DL as a coping mechanism, I do like a printed ABDL diaper now and then. It helps me feel better about my diaper needs, and my friends have noticed I’m way more confident when I’m wearing them.

But each to their own. Keep looking for different diapers out there, and I’m sure you’ll find something that works for you.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Thick and super absorbent seems to be what the market wants. Tykables have said openly that those are the products that sell the most, compared to their lower-absorbency products. Go figure.

Hakanloaim said:
I think I’ve tried quite a lot of them, and each time I’m disappointed. They are always a bit too large (size M) or way too small (size S). They are too wide. They are too thick. They are made in China—I even think they are from the same factory if not the same machines. Heck, they even absorb way too much. What’s the point of 10 liters capacity? 4 is far enough IMO. Sure, medical diapers aren’t as fun and could absorb a bit more. But they are way more comfortable and less bulky. I also think that medical diapers are more “real” than ABDL diapers, if you know what I mean.

Anyone else thinks the same? Seeing people all over ADISC using them almost exclusively makes me wondering what is so great about them. I mean, of course they’re cute and all but I can’t imagine wearing something for long periods of time if it’s that uncomfortable.
I just want a product that will make my life easier, wick moisture away from me and be so designed that I feel less self conscious whilst wearing them.
So cloth or plastic backed, in plain white and strong enough to last for my needs.

I tested them out once, but they were too large to fit me properly. Regular baby diapers fit me well, so wearing an ABDL diaper felt like being engulfed in a shower curtain. Wearing them overnight made me sweaty, and adding scent to them was a bad idea - it was too overpowering and made me feel sick. I ended up throwing them away.

I'm IC, not ABDL. The point about diapers are protection. I don't wear ABDL diapers. Mostly because it feels kind of silly (prints). As for how they work, from what I've read, they work though perhaps a little over-kill (capacity). I use Abena (plastic backed) and for me they fit the bill. If it looks like I won't be able to change I try to add a booster when I go out (work, shopping or anything else). For sleeping I always add a quality booster (NS Eternadry contour doubler) and plastic pants. As for ABDL diapers, I wouldn't use them. I don't like to wear a soaked diaper for 8+ hours. Sleeping is different. So a booster helps during the night.

Betterwearadiaper said:
Found those ABU super dry kids, available from an EU online shop, I ordered some! Excited to see if they are the same, and as great as I remember..

(Yes, they are horribly expensive, no way to use those regularly.)
And they are exactly like I remembered. Like a larger version of those plastic backed baby diapers, fits nice enough, but not perfect, which adds to the feel, not very thick, use a booster.

I think because I've wearing them for so long that I find a lot of faults with ABDL diapers. I used to get so excited to put on my SDKs or Bambinos back when I first started buying them, and for years after that. Recently I realized I really just crave to wear actual baby diapers more than anything and started feeling like ABDL diapers just aren't a perfect substitute to fulfill that need - what I mean is in my head I 'know' they're adult diapers and for some reason that bothers me sometimes.

I'm patiently waiting for these larger baby diapers to become available or import them until I find one that fits. I'm pretty skinny and some size 7's come really close to fitting, but I don't expect even the size 8's to replace my ABDL diapers fully.

Last edited:
I can see maybe where some may not like them as much . I know my thing is so many are cartoony animal print ones . I like them with more girly prints, florals, or anime prints on them, not all the cutesy lions tigers and bears stuff...I also love plain white diapers but the ABDL types. The medical or mainstream adult diapers are mostly clothlike pulls ups or being totally discreet. A good ABDL white diaper is thick and crinkly which I do love.

Back