I could finally wet whilst in bed, it's all about practice!

Lewis Badger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I got back into diapers not long ago, and for a while had quite a lot of trouble wetting whilst I'm in bed, especially in the morning, for some reason I could lie down and go when I needed to just find, but for some reason in the morning it'd take me 20 minutes or more to pee whilst lying.

Well, after a lot of practice, I can now proudly say that I can pee within 5 minutes or so when I wake up.

On a separate note, I'm also thinking that perhaps I should invest in some plastic sheets, but I don't want my bed to become uncomfortable, and I already have a mattress topper which I can swap out when I want.

Plastic pants!!

If you're using a high-absorbency overnight-rated diaper you shouldn't have to worry about mattress protection. I also find plastic pants provided security at the beginning, but also took away from comfort and wouldn't recommend them if you don't like them specifically

Yay! Glad to hear things are working out for you!!

I’ll have my bed to myself for a night soon and I want to diaper up and drink lots of water before bed! Never tried it yet!!!

Does it still take you 5+ minutes even if you realllly have to pee? What if you drank 4 cups of water before bed?

IMHO, when you have the confidence that you've planned well and aren't going to "leak" THAT'S when you'll relax and just go.

There are plastic mattress protectors that have a quiet, cloth outer layer so you aren't aware you are lying on a plastic protector.

dogboy said:
There are plastic mattress protectors that have a quiet, cloth outer layer so you aren't aware you are lying on a plastic protector.
Where's the fun in that?

I guess it's preferred by some.

I don’t like mattress protectors of any sort as they all make me too hot while sleeping.

Right now I just use a changing mat laid under the sheets in the appropriate area to catch the odd little leak. I very rarely leak when I’m in bed, but it happens. I’m a side sleeper too which doesn’t help at all

SometimesAdult said:
Plastic pants!!
Unfortunately, I'm not particularly drawn to plastic pants.

ykdprdave said:
I don’t like mattress protectors of any sort as they all make me too hot while sleeping.

Right now I just use a changing mat laid under the sheets in the appropriate area to catch the odd little leak. I very rarely leak when I’m in bed, but it happens. I’m a side sleeper too which doesn’t help at all
It's not a mattress protector, just a standard comfy topper. I've actually slept on a bed with mattress protector recently and it's different, but not something that I can't get used to.

Topex said:
If you're using a high-absorbency overnight-rated diaper you shouldn't have to worry about mattress protection. I also find plastic pants provided security at the beginning, but also took away from comfort and wouldn't recommend them if you don't like them specifically
The ABDL diapers I have work fine absorbency-wise, but in the morning, when *ahem* sometimes things aren't always pointing in the right direction, it could lead to leakage in the wrong areas.

Agreed on the plastic pants, I don't like how it looks and I imagine won't particularly like how it feels.

neophyte said:

I’ll have my bed to myself for a night soon and I want to diaper up and drink lots of water before bed! Never tried it yet!!!

Does it still take you 5+ minutes even if you realllly have to pee? What if you drank 4 cups of water before bed?
Well, I wouldn't recommend drinking so much that sleeping becomes uncomfortable, what's the point in that? In regards to the times when I really needed to pee, it did used to, there's just some kind of mental block over letting go I guess.

ykdprdave said:

I've had the same experience. They cut down so much on the air circulation and make me start to sweat, even if I don't start overheating

bambinod said:
I've had the same experience. They cut down so much on the air circulation and make me start to sweat, even if I don't start overheating
I did as well. It took a week or so to get used.to it, moving into summer.

neophyte said:

In my experience drinking lots of water just makes it more painful when you need to go and are trying to go but can’t. I’m still not 100% there but sometimes I can get my flow started while laying in bed. But it seems the more urgent my need to go is the harder it is to get the flow started.

Back