Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 1 guest views remaining

hyper focusing/ND until having an accident?

Finny

Autistic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
how many others with autism, ADHD, or similar will hyper focus on a topic until you just wet your diaper and have no idea that you had to go or were starting to wet your diaper until that moment it's too late? Does this problem both you?

Do you get so happy about a special interest sometimes that the extreme happiness causes you to wet a bit?

Reactions: lilbabyjooce and sport1
This is one reason why i was hard to potty train, that and just my unwillingness to train. Ultimately i think especially for those on the spectrum potty training should be lower priority. Socializing and doing activities that stimulate brain activity via personal interests takes priority. Potty training would just be a distraction in my opinion. For me back then i'd rather play with my legos or read my books, or play with the other kids than worry about finding the bathroom and consider how often really young kids would have to go it would be a pain in the ass for any kid that age even more so for a neurodivergent one. In this case the diaper provides for 1 or 2 levels of needs on maslows heirarchy of needs allowing for further development of the third level up which people on the spectrum often have the most difficulty with.

Now that i wear 24/7 once more by choice i no longer have to worry about it and can indulge myself in activities all i want without interruption.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 57387
It happens to me if I'm concentrating to much on something and I'm not autistic or ADHD.

Troy said:
It happens to me if I'm concentrating to much on something and I'm not autistic or ADHD.
That's a very interesting from your perspective to be hearing about, thanks for posting. I hadn't thought about NT people doing it before

SuzakuAkatori said:
This is one reason why i was hard to potty train, that and just my unwillingness to train. Ultimately i think especially for those on the spectrum potty training should be lower priority. Socializing and doing activities that stimulate brain activity via personal interests takes priority. Potty training would just be a distraction in my opinion. For me back then i'd rather play with my legos or read my books, or play with the other kids than worry about finding the bathroom and consider how often really young kids would have to go it would be a pain in the ass for any kid that age even more so for a neurodivergent one. In this case the diaper provides for 1 or 2 levels of needs on maslows heirarchy of needs allowing for further development of the third level up which people on the spectrum often have the most difficulty with.

Now that i wear 24/7 once more by choice i no longer have to worry about it and can indulge myself in activities all i want without interruption.
That is a new perspective on it for me. I've never thought about it like that, or heard it talked about like that. I'm not entirely sure I agree to the full extent, but I also do not at all disagree, it's a complex topic, that's for sure. Do you wet yourself to keep engaging in special interests and activities?

I always had that trouble when growing would get focused on something and wait too long my mom would always be concerned. When much older still had that focus but being diapered helped. I have autism +developmental problems.

Last edited:
sport1 said:
I always had that trouble when growing would get focused on something and wait too long my mom would always be concerned. When much older still had that focus but being diapered helped. I have autism +developmental problems.
Do you mind specifying what you mean by "developmental problems"?

Reactions: sport1
SavSav said:
Do you mind specifying what you mean by "developmental problems"?
I was slow to catch on to things when young potty training for example. I was never at the top of my class on the IQ test still only scored 70+. I have never done well on tests being slow never had enough time.

Reactions: Finny and Deleted member 57387
Back