How would I know if I am a ”furry/babyfur/diaperfur”?

Unsureuser111

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
First of I hope this won't make anyone feel uncomfortable, but I think I'm in the doubting phase.

I know I am a diaper lover, I have been wearing them on and off (without having to) since I was 7 years old (in secret every time I did)

Now I'm 19 and have been wearing diapers more or less 24/7 whenever I get the chance (still wearing them in secret)

However, when it comes to the “fur” part I'm not as sure… I don't know if I should consider or identify myself as apart of that community. Here is why I'm questioning it.

I like reading furry comics as well as watching movies (containing/beeing adult content), and it “excites” me (Some species more then others) And I enjoy the content by a lot. But I'm not sure if that means I consider myself a “furry” or if I'm just interested in it. What helped you understand you were a furry? How do I know if I am one, I don't feel like one even tho I enjoy the content of it.

I hope I haven't overstepped any post regulations or made anyone uncomfortable.

Reactions: Cottontail
You haven't overstepped you are fine. You don't have to have a suit or fursona to be a furry you just have to enjoy the stuff. I would say that it is ok either way whether you say yes or no at this point to adding the fur part. A fursona is not required to be a furry, many furry actually start out how you described yourself and then develop a sona if they feel it but a sona and suit are not required to be a furry. Furry is about the enjoyment of animals that interact in a sophisticated and humanoid manner so if that's you then you can call yourself furry.

Last edited:
As far as babyfur and diaperfur, that tends to be more people who's fursona's or furry interests are for a younger age and that wear and/or use diapers as part of there enjoyment of furry. So if you like diapered furry art you could potentially fall in here to. Hope that helps.

I'm gunna potentially throw a spanner in the works here with my experience and why I consider myself a baby/diperfur. Hopefully it doesn't confuse.

I don't identify directly as a fury. I am however animalistic, a primal, a pet and identify within the otherkin comunity. I do enjoy a lot of fury art and draw it myself. I also have an image in my head of what I look like in the form of an anthro animal. Some would say that is enough to make me a fury but I don't consider myself one.

I think it's one of thoes things that is very personal. only you can decide if you relate to furries on a deeper level or simply enjoy the content created about them.

• Thinking
Reactions: KBoy, mistykitty and Cottontail
At its most basic, furry is just a community of people who enjoy anthropomorphic animals in various media. Babyfurs and diaperfurs are just ABs and DLs who integrate that with furry.

• Thinking
Reactions: BlueFazeButDL, KBoy, PaddedWolfie and 2 others
This seems like a very, very complicated subject, who and what are Furries, did i have a crush on Rocky the Flying Squirrel as a child. I often wore a insane looking rabbit costume to outdoor rock concerts and handed out condoms, for no reason....
This whole furry thing is as complicated as ABDL, and Furries wear diapers to top it all off 😊

I'm going to take this conversation even further off course then :D
Why label yourself at all? As someone who has tried to find a label in other parts of my life I came to the conclusion that no label will fit perfectly and it's doesn't feel productive for me to try to fit myself into a label either. A label is only useful in that it quickly allows someone else to make assumptions about you, assumptions that you cannot control.
I think in your example just give yourself the freedom to explore and engage in the furry community as much or as little as you like and see where it takes you! Be kind to yourself and have fun!

Reactions: KBoy and mistykitty
LuckyRed23 said:
I'm going to take this conversation even further off course then :D
Why label yourself at all? As someone who has tried to find a label in other parts of my life I came to the conclusion that no label will fit perfectly and it's doesn't feel productive for me to try to fit myself into a label either. A label is only useful in that it quickly allows someone else to make assumptions about you, assumptions that you cannot control.
I think in your example just give yourself the freedom to explore and engage in the furry community as much or as little as you like and see where it takes you! Be kind to yourself and have fun!
Carrying on from this, labels are useful don't get me wrong but people have become over-consumed with labeling everything. Not everything or everyone has to fit in a box.

But what about dancing in a rabbit costume throwing condoms to thousands of cheering rock n rollers, with strobe lights, does that count, do I get the support of the community? Or is it like, "He has a picture of a cat, but he dresses like a rabbit. So I don't know....?"

KBoy said:
But what about dancing in a rabbit costume throwing condoms to thousands of cheering rock n rollers, with strobe lights, does that count, do I get the support of the community? Or is it like, "He has a picture of a cat, but he dresses like a rabbit. So I don't know....?"
It's subjective to some extent. To me I'm on the broader end of the definition someone who is into anthropomorphic animals and enjoys animals with humanoid traits can be a furry and a fursona and fursuit are not necessarily required the interest is enough. A diaperfur is a furry that enjoys diapers either individual from or as part of their furryness and a babyfur or kidfur is a fan of younger furry stuff and if has a fursona that fursona is more cublike.

KBoy said:
If Miley Cyrus gets to be an ABDL for doing BB Talk, I suppose a condom-dispensing rabbit counts as a furry, LOL. That is, as long as the bunny suit is your idea and not simply part of the job description.

Cottontail said:
If Miley Cyrus gets to be an ABDL for doing BB Talk, I suppose a condom-dispensing rabbit counts as a furry, LOL. That is, as long as the bunny suit is your idea and not simply part of the job description.
Homemade for a Halloween party at wifeys job, recycled as rockNroll rabbit but definitely one of my more original shanagans.

There's no hard and fast black and white rules that dictate if someone is an "official" furry or not (or babyfur/dipaerfur). If someone wants to identify as one then they certainly can and vice versa no matter what extent they may enjoy and/or be involved with certain facets of the community.

I choose to identify as a babyfur because I love the artwork and characters and it's ended up playing a relatively significant role in my life. I've had some great experiences and made some great friends because of the babyfur community. Whether I identify as a babyfur or not, the important thing is that I've enjoyed and liked my experience with the community.

I'd say the same goes for you. If there's aspects of it you like and enjoy then continue to enjoy and like it and get something out of it that makes you happy. If you want to identify as a furry/babyfur/diaperfur then feel free to or not, just keep living the happiest funnest best life you can :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cottontail and mistykitty
Back