How were you less developed and more babyish than other kids?

Halibut

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
In your childhood, was there anything about you or the way you were treated that made you younger or more babyish than other kids?

emotionally I was pretty calm and collected, I didn't really have any toileting issues, and my hobbies were pretty normal...

But I had a lot of trouble dressing myself, at home, I usually avoided getting dressed until I had to go outside, and if my parents didn't dress me, which they often did, my shirts would always be inside out or backward. I remember being really embarrassed when the other kids cheered the first time I tied my shoes in third grade.
I also needed speech therapy for my Ls, Rs, and Th sounds... and some extra help in a private classroom to work on my handwriting and spelling which were both very bad. all of this stopped around 3rd or 4th grade. I didn't think much of any of it at the time but it's nice to look back on.

• Love
Reactions: Diaperboy27, furry121, DiaperPaige and 1 other person
Well, I´ve been always very shy about my potty needs, especially when I was a kid, so whenever I felt the need to go I would put it off indefinitely until I was literally about to burst or until my mom or dad came to take me potty. This caused that for most of my childhood I´d go about life with a visible wet patch on my pants that went from a small circle to full-on peepee pants. All the other kids just went by themselves but I was always to shy to go because everybody would know where I had gone and it made me feel super self consciouss and embarrassed. I still feel the same way, btw... except now I wear diapers and don´t have to worry about interrupting what I´m doing.

Reactions: WilliamTheKid, Diaperboy27, antoniorain789 and 5 others
My mother used to punish me when I was naughty by dressing me younger than I really was.

Mostly that was just in the house, but not always.

Little things like being made to sit in the back seat of the car while my younger sister sat in the front really had an impact on me.

Reactions: Diaperboy27, oldskool and Lyric
Opposite. Was always way too mature and serious and several grade levels above. I think I didn't know how to be a kid the first time and it's why I get to be little now. 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: Visitor2Earth, crtv, HappilyDiapered03 and 11 others
I couldn't or wouldn't wipe myself after pooping until I was seven. I think my mom was the only one who did it for me because I had a lot of anxiety as a kid, especially about the potty.
I also drank my chocolate milk from a bottle until I was 8 or maybe even older. Wasn't ever a big deal at home and I didn't really had friends back then so that wasn't a worry either.

• Sad
Reactions: oldskool, Hemix, PaddedCub and 2 others
It's probably easier to count the ways I was in line with my peers than the ones I wasn't...

Well, I had a higher reading level than most any other kid. But I had few friends, severe anxiety without my parents (particularly my mom), needing help with getting dressed (my mom chose my clothes for me for MANY years). I was and am super forgetful so I generally needed more supervision about things like homework, etc. I was generally okay with potty issues, but bedwetting was at least a concern for us for longer than most.

Reactions: Magicalgirl101
Wetting my bed for as long as I did with little or no encouragement from my mother stop, along with her sort of babying me by going through the nightly ritual of cleaning, powdering and pinning my diapers at night and then helping me get up in the morning for school and changing me out of my wet diapers made me feel like I wasn't old enough or mature enough to be more independent like my classmates. I ended up with a life long desire to wear diapers and wet in them, as well as using diapers for sexual play. In some ways I never wanted to grow up, but loved the attention I received from my mother when I had diapers on and wet in them.

Reactions: Blekyss, antoniorain789, Babybike2 and 2 others
Lyric said:
Wetting my bed for as long as I did with little or no encouragement from my mother stop, along with her sort of babying me by going through the nightly ritual of cleaning, powdering and pinning my diapers at night and then helping me get up in the morning for school and changing me out of my wet diapers made me feel like I wasn't old enough or mature enough to be more independent like my classmates. I ended up with a life long desire to wear diapers and wet in them, as well as using diapers for sexual play. In some ways I never wanted to grow up, but loved the attention I received from my mother when I had diapers on and wet in them.
Did you enjoy your mother babying you?

When I was in elementary school I wet the bed regularly and my mother would always ask me if I had my pull ups on by 7 o'clock every night and sometimes company would still be over plus I've always had stuffed animals for my whole and I always make a mess whenever I eat and my family says I eat like a toddler still

I was a child prodigy. I kept being a child long after I ceased being a prodigy. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Lua24, JazzBaby, littledub1955 and 2 others
I was an adopted only child so my mom was somewhat over protective. When I started kindergarten, I was bullied by a gang of kids in my class. I was the second smallest kid in my class as well. Eventually I found a way to fit in. I've always been somewhat immature for my age and I suppose that showed at school.

• Wow
Reactions: oldskool, longallsboy and Lyric
I potty trained late, but was, otherwise, a fairly precocious child. I learned to speak very early and was always looking to be independent in anything I could, except for potty training.

Reactions: JazzBaby, perlFerret and feetintrouble
hatchtraveler said:
I potty trained late, but was, otherwise, a fairly precocious child. I learned to speak very early and was always looking to be independent in anything I could, except for potty training.
I was the same on both counts: I fiercely valued any independence I had, and was proud of things I could do myself. I was late to come out of nappies, but after that, I never had any issues. (Although I was afraid of seeing a toilet with the seat up - it looked like an open-mouthed monster.)

However, I stayed childish in more subtle ways. Although I liked being independent, I lacked confidence to learn new things: I would tell myself and everybody else that I "couldn't" do things, such as ride a bike, or swim, or tie shoelaces. I was very late in learning to make friends. I used to talk to myself a lot (and still do). I found going to parties difficult because the noise and the presence of balloons which might pop, but I always hoped there would be a game for which somebody would blindfold me.

Reactions: perlFerret, oldskool, wetaccident and 1 other person
I wore diapers to bed way past the usual age, although that was mostly because I wet the bed. I also wore diapers on long car rides for a long time, both so my parents won't have to stop too ofter and because there was the possibility that I would fall asleep and wet myself while sitting in the car.
Both these things might not be too babyish on their own, but I think the fact that I actually enjoyed wearing the diapers, not worrying about going to the toilet but rather just letting go etc. is.
I also liked and wached tv shows targeted at toddlers way longer than pretty much all of my peers.

Reactions: littledub1955, Blekyss and Lyric
SicartheaSpikefan said:
In your childhood, was there anything about you or the way you were treated that made you younger or more babyish than other kids?

emotionally I was pretty calm and collected, I didn't really have any toileting issues, and my hobbies were pretty normal...

But I had a lot of trouble dressing myself, at home, I usually avoided getting dressed until I had to go outside, and if my parents didn't dress me, which they often did, my shirts would always be inside out or backward. I remember being really embarrassed when the other kids cheered the first time I tied my shoes in third grade.
I also needed speech therapy for my Ls, Rs, and Th sounds... and some extra help in a private classroom to work on my handwriting and spelling which were both very bad. all of this stopped around 3rd or 4th grade. I didn't think much of any of it at the time but it's nice to look back on.
I’ve mentioned it in several other posts, but I wasn’t out of diapers until after 5 because I had an underdeveloped bladder and bowels so I couldn’t hold it or feel when I was going. I was on the small side for both height and weight (genetics due to my mom side since her family is shorter) so I could still fit baby diapers and often got mistaken for looking a year or two younger than I was especially if they saw my diaper peeking out so I did have that toddler look. My mom tried to potty train me at 2 and 3, but noticed I was unaware of my bodily functions even when trying to wear underwear she took me to the doctor to find out my incontinence.

Other than wearing diapers and using regularly/getting changed like a baby or toddler I was just a regular kid. I played with toys watched shows, ride bikes, but was just incontinent and had to get changed when needed. As far as other development, I was small for my age in height in weight through elementary either the shortest or second shortest in my class. I walked and talked earlier, than my peers, but I did have speech therapy in early elementary school because I had a minor stuttering problem. Because I was the youngest and my mom’s last child, I would say she did “baby” me often. Because she knew I would eventually be independent and she wanted to cherish those moments while I was still little. She always changed my diapers and checked it just like a toddler. Because of diaper changes, she also dressed me also. Due to my incontinence, I was held back a year from kindergarten. My aunt who was a stay at home mom watched me during the day to avoid daycare cost, and she babied me too like my cousin (who is two years younger than me) because I was still in diapers. I didn’t mind it but there were at times it was annoying because I could do things like sports since I wasn’t potty trained.

Reactions: skylanderpamp and SacredHourglass
LittleAndAlone said:
Opposite. Was always way too mature and serious and several grade levels above. I think I didn't know how to be a kid the first time and it's why I get to be little now. 🤣
Same here - I had a lot of older friends. In a lot of aspects I saw vaste mayority of kids in my age as youngers. And still dislike football.

Reactions: PaigeCherubiel
CrazySmoker said:
Same here - I had a lot of older friends. In a lot of aspects I saw vaste mayority of kids in my age as youngers. And still dislike football.
Yes. Sports, partying, sex, booze, drugs, etc none of that ever appealed to me. Men act like territorial gorillas over sports.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mistykitty, oldskool and mightytoddler
Yes, I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that I liked all the attention she gave me over my bedwetting and diapers, especially when I was in my teens. She was always nice about rather than critical and I felt closer to her. BTW she also made me wear diapers when we went on longer car trips even when my sisters were no longer wearing diapers. I did feel a little weird when I was in my teens and wore diapers and rubber pants but my younger sisters didn't.

Reactions: Blekyss, oldskool and SacredHourglass
LittleAndAlone said:
Yes. Sports, partying, sex, booze, drugs, etc none of that ever appealed to me. Men act like territorial gorillas over sports.
I disagree here. I smoke, drink beer and in past (ab)used some other stuff. And I'm really not asexual - in my 13 I lost my virginity with a three years older girl from the same street. And still like sexual activities.

Last edited:
LittleAndAlone said:
Me too. I was exposed to logical epistemology very young, and I loved documentaries, so I was a strange kid. In kindergarten I preferred talking to the adults and class helpers because they actually knew what I was talking about. I wouldn't say I didn't know how to be a kid, but I realized quickly to stick to talking about cartoons with the other kids, instead of the latest thing I learned from National Geographic or Nova.

I did take some speech classes, but that was more to help my autistic brother. They thought it would be better if I was there too. It did help me though. I was finally able to say "escalator" without tripping up!!

Reactions: nappybottom, perlFerret and PaigeCherubiel
Back