How to use booster pads?

binkyyybunnyyy

Daddy's Dumb Diaper Bunny 🐰💘🦊
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Hey everyone!! I'm considering buying more booster pads to try out. I've tried a few from NorthShore, but found they made my diapers (MegaMaxes at the time) leak well before the diaper hit it's capacity. I know I had the correct size for my diaper and I put it as close to the center as I could, should it have been placed more towards the back of the diaper? This was probably almost a year ago now that I last tried a booster pad. Does anyone have any tips for how to use a booster pad without making your diapers leak?

Ok so booster pads come in a few styles.
Flow through is the style you want.
Avoid ones that have a plastic backing as the fluids can't get absorbed by the diaper.
Some booster pads are called contour pads and they basically look like a diaper without the wings, tape & water proof outer cover.
These when opened can easily go overtop of the diaper leak / leg gaurds causing leaks.
So make sure regardless of style that the diaper leg gaurds are standing up and the booster pad isn't on top of the leg gaurds.

I wear Abena L4 with Tranquility booster pad it gives me about 2 extra wettings.
Booster pads do not double your diaper capacity unfortunately they just increase it some.

although megamax holds a lot on its on you are unlikely to need a booster pad even if you only change 2x a day

Last edited:
Reactions: Raven801, Jonnythepony, LittleTyke and 3 others
SparkyDog said:
Ok so booster pads come in a few styles.
Flow through is the style you want.
Avoid ones that have a plastic backing as the fluids can't get absorbed by the diaper.
Some booster pads are called contour pads and they basically look like a diaper without the wings, tape & water proof outer cover.
These when opened can easily go overtop of the diaper leak / leg gaurds causing leaks.
So make sure regardless of style that the diaper leg gaurds are standing up and the booster pad isn't on top of the leg gaurds.

I wear Abena L4 with Tranquility booster pad it gives me about 2 extra wettings.
Booster pads do not double your diaper capacity unfortunately they just increase it some.

although megamax holds a lot on its on you are unlikely to need a booster pad even if you only change 2x a day
Yeah, I know MegaMaxes are super thirsty diapers lol that particular day I was out all day with my bf's family for a birthday and just wanted the extra protection lol

booster pads definitely do that
They can generally hold 500-1000 ML
depending on the type.
Though I would test your set up at home few times before trusting it on an outing.
I use the tranquility contour pad but i don't open the wings so it's just a long rectangle pad in my diaper.
Booster pads are also not super great at wicking moisture from your skin so you feel more wet
one booster pad life hack if able pull the booster pad out after a heavy wetting and throw it away
then that's out of there you don't feel wet and basically still have most of your diaper to go for your extended wear time.

Reactions: binkyyybunnyyy
I've been using booster pads for years, and love them. Really enhances the experience. Never caused a leak. Now, I do sometimes have leaks, but my diapers sometimes leak without boosters. My leaks are my diaper leaking, not because of the booster. If you're having leaks when using a booster, but not without, I'd suspect they're too big. Try smaller size. Also depends on the diaper's leak guards, and how the booster fits within it, or not.

As @SparkyDog mentioned, those contour style boosters are much better then the simple strip. Better weight distribution. I do open the flaps, so it holds its place when wet. You can also stack two contour boosters, for moar capacity and bulk, something that doesn't work well with strips

Last edited:
Reactions: binkyyybunnyyy and Woncrinklz
i use tye overnight boosters from rearz that are scented. i also use the northershore 2xl boosters. it depends on what i am doing, but i would either use 2 rear or 1 rearz and 1 northshore. this normaly gives me a lot of time between changes. i wear 24/7. please feel free to message me with any other questions.

• Wow
Reactions: Jonnythepony, binkyyybunnyyy and Woncrinklz
I have had no success with booster pads as they cause leaks by reducing the effectiveness of the leak guards. I also find they quickly become very wet and unpleasant

Reactions: TigerDL and binkyyybunnyyy
All you can do is make sure they aren't too big and don't go past leak guards. Unfortunately, sometimes opening the floodgates is just too much for a booster or diaper to wick fast enough all at once.

Anyone have booster recommendations? I need to reorder soon. I've only tried them from Northshore. I like them.

LaLoneDigi said:
All you can do is make sure they aren't too big and don't go past leak guards. Unfortunately, sometimes opening the floodgates is just too much for a booster or diaper to wick fast enough all at once.

Anyone have booster recommendations? I need to reorder soon. I've only tried them from Northshore. I like them.
I like Tranquility contour booster pads but I only unfold them lengthwise not width wise

Reactions: binkyyybunnyyy and LaLoneDigi
LaLoneDigi said:

The best boosters are the super long ones, they size somewhere around ""6 Inches Wide X 22 Inches Long.""

(This helps moisture transfer to the BACK of the Diaper, which helps reduce and or eliminate LEAKS.)

Baby Diapers are also great to use as boosters, their price point can be low, and because they can easily be removed and swapped out.

Reactions: Jonnythepony, binkyyybunnyyy and LaLoneDigi
Daytime I use a Med megamax and a LG booster. 4-6 hours. At night LG megamax and 2-2xl boosters. Tuck the wings in the leak guards and I am good to go. I pee alot.

Kbaby84 said:
i use tye overnight boosters from rearz that are scented. i also use the northershore 2xl boosters. it depends on what i am doing, but i would either use 2 rear or 1 rearz and 1 northshore. this normaly gives me a lot of time between changes. i wear 24/7. please feel free to message me with any other questions.
You mean double up on the boosters? I never considered it earthly possible. 🤭
I tried the Rearz night boosters, and found I needed a wide diaper to pull it off, and barely managed to do what I was "supposed" to accomplish within the time frame I had. The diaper was barely used in the morning!:ROFLMAO: The booster? Yes.
So, I get it. Just be forever going like a broken sink.
But I noticed with my bad back, my sleeping positions are greatly limited. The center bulge woke me up when my legs were in the wrong position. I found body pain took away from the glee I so wished for.:unsure::giggle:

Woncrinklz said:
I tried the Rearz night boosters, and found I needed a wide diaper to pull it off, and barely managed to do what I was "supposed" to accomplish within the time frame I had. The diaper was barely used in the morning!:ROFLMAO: The booster? Yes.
But I noticed with my bad back, my sleeping positions are greatly limited. The center bulge woke me up when my legs were in the wrong position. I found body pain took away from the glee I so wished for.:unsure::giggle:
You can double up on boosters just make sure the leg gaurds are higher than the booster combo or fluids can just slip right out

Reactions: LaLoneDigi and Woncrinklz
SparkyDog said:
You can double up on boosters just make sure the leg gaurds are higher than the booster combo or fluids can just slip right out
I have to ...hey! That's it. Question: What's the good high guard diaper that works well with this concept? Cause I had a few "leakers" experimenting.:giggle:

Woncrinklz said:
i have been dealing with ic for over 3 years now. so it took me te to figure it all out. boosters are cheaper than diapers. being in sales. i may or may not have access to private bathroom. i still keep this private, but also need to have flexability. body shapes very from person to person, and diaper styles vary from mfg to mfg. i found what works for me.

my go to diapers are rearz, tykables, abu cushies, land of genie, and a couple others

Reactions: Woncrinklz
Woncrinklz said:
I have to ...hey! That's it. Question: What's the good high guard diaper that works well with this concept? Cause I had a few "leakers" experimenting.:giggle:
So Megamax & Sunkiss masterpiece both have extremely high leak gaurds
I don't know what booster you're using though
I can use 2 tranquility contour boosters in my Abena L4 (plastic version) as well
but for safety sake experiment at home before relying on it for an outing

Kbaby84 said:
i have been dealing with ic for over 3 years now. so it took me te to figure it all out. boosters are cheaper than diapers. being in sales. i may or may not have access to private bathroom. i still keep this private, but also need to have flexability. body shapes very from person to person, and diaper styles vary from mfg to mfg. i found what works for me.

my go to diapers are rearz, tykables, abu cushies, land of genie, and a couple others
Thanks. True with some you mentioned. I know they have a wider middle: Tykables, and others.
Rearz has good width, too. That's the point. The middle hourglass width is the dictator to success.
I tried a booster in my beloved Crinklz, but not so lucky. Unless wearing a vinyl catcher's mit. :ROFLMAO: But it evolved into my wearing underwear over the diaper, then the vinyl. To catch the leaks. Eventually I grew weary of laundry.:rolleyes:😞🙂

SparkyDog said:
So Megamax & Sunkiss masterpiece both have extremely high leak gaurds
I don't know what booster you're using though
I can use 2 tranquility contour boosters in my Abena L4 (plastic version) as well
but for safety sake experiment at home before relying on it for an outing
Thank you. I am hearing more and more about Sunkiss. I'll look into seeing if I can get them here. If not, I thank you for learning more today.:giggle:

Woncrinklz said:
Thank you. I am hearing more and more about Sunkiss. I'll look into seeing if I can get them here. If not, I thank you for learning more today.:giggle:
Be aware there is budget and premium grades of Sunkiss

SparkyDog said:
Be aware there is budget and premium grades of Sunkiss
My take is "Masterpiece" is the top ? I am guessing.
You're right. They are varied in price. Now to see if they are comparable to the others. So many choices!:unsure:
It's hard looking up all the options, costs, charges, capacities, and qualities. Yet fun at the same time. If only I had this same attention to doing taxes, or responding to timely government forms...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Back